2008 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Our Last VW

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Got a good lease rate on 2.0T Value Edition. Everything was great for a few months, then the problems started. 18 months later the dealer is still trying to resolve them. There was a crunching sound and road noise coming from the front end. The dealer "lubed" it several times, which helped for a few hundres miles after each "lube". After a month of fighting with VW Customer Service the dealer replaced the control arm bushings. Once those noises were elimanted I could hear a bearing screaming from the front end. Those parts are on order. Other problems: the tire pressure warning light comes on about a week before the oil change service light comes on. The dealer wants us to keep the tire pressures at 38 PSI so the light stays off. No way. A/C has failed twice, the CD player once. A turbo hose fell off, leaving the car with no power. Exhaust hangers broke near engine compartment. 2 recalls This is a shame, the car is great to drive when running properly. We've been a VW family since 1961. That will end when our lease expires."

Wasn't what I first expected..

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I needed a car with good mpg and had a sporty style without breaking the bank. At first I was going to bite the bullet and get the 07 Audi a4 but saw a lot of resemblance in the Passat 2.0T. Sleek design; think same engine and similar front grill and 10k less! Knowing I was going to slap the miles on I got it even if I didn’t think it had that same street appeal. The car is amazing! It’s quick on the go, mpg is fair if your not a lead foot, corners like its on rails and everyone thinks it looks great (when its clean). The interior is clean and resourceful with plenty of spots to put stuff. The stock system sounds great (there’s an amp in it somewhere) and the back seat provides plenty of leg room. Even my buddies with more expensive cars enjoy driving it more. All and all, if I knew what I was getting into; I could have saved a lot of time. Oh, and yea in the snow, no problems so far thanks to the slip control. If your curious about getting a front wheel drive sedan, I looked at them all (Honda, Audi, Acura, BMW) and car for dollar the this is the winner."

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"The 4 cylinder 2.0T is more than enough power to get you moving. What is more impressive is the great highway gas mileage...41 MPG. The turbo performance is second to none...unlike most other cars, the VW Turbo kicks in the moment you press down on the pedal...most traditional turbo charged engines will not engage until you reach 35 MPH. Great car, great performance, great value.... BUY ONE"

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"After trying Honda Accords, Toyota Camrys and the Passat, the Passat won hands down for quality and spunk. It's very classy and gets lots of looks. The only thing I would suggest is they make the passenger seat authomatic in the 2.0T. It is available in all American made cars that cost less. Overall though, the German engineering is worth the extra money. The Premium sound system, heated seats (a must in Wyo.) and the extra air bags are great extras. It came with the Triptonic transmission, but I never use it. Great car. Plan on driving it forever."

Great Car!

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"This is a great car! We had a Jetta Wagon and traded it in for the Passat when we had our 3rd child. It has a lot of space and can fit 3 car seats in the back seat much better than the Jetta. Fast and fun especially for my husband to drive. The only complaint so far is that I cant see the clock from the passenger seat when my husband drives. Also, something is up with the shocks, but it is under warranty so that will be fixed soon. Overall, great car. We love it!!"