2007 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 513 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Great Car!

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

"This is my first VW and definitely NOT my last. The 2 liter turbo engine performs very well and interior fit and finish is great. I average 28.5 MPG on my daily 20 mile commute to work. I have had more people compliment this car than my previous BMW X3. This car has excellent quality paint, with almost no orange peel, so much better than the awful garbage they call paint on BMW's. I love this car and VW will definitely be on the top of the list for my next car. My one gripe is that the rear seats are reclined to far and they cant be adjusted."

Sleeper hit

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"I've had the 3.6 for a year and a half and the performance is spectacular. The car is a ball to drive and it gets surprisingly great mileage even when pushed.I consistently get 30 on the highway doing 70 and in the low 20's in the city. I was nervous about VW quality but have had zero issues with this car. I have owned much more expensive cars but this one blows away past Jags and a Llexus. If you can go for the sport package- the seats are awesome."

Very reliable, good looking, fast and fun to drive

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, very good warranty, good economy"

Cons: "Jack is difficult to use. Seat controls awkward"

"All around great car with excellent gas mileage."

Fastest, best handling car I have ever had!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, great handling,gas mileage, and cargo room"

Cons: "Cup holders need work"

This is a year ago. The snow is deeper today, 21 February 2014.

"As the Review Summary says, I think this is the fastest, best handling car I have ever had! And I have had quite a few cars since my first one in 1972!"

This is a year ago. The snow is deeper today, 21 February 2014.

I LOVE my Passat!!

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great price, beautiful, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Premium gas"

"My '09 Passat is AWESOME!! The handling & control in this car is like a much more expensive vehicle. When I drive a BMW or Benz, there is no difference in the feel& it is as beautiful. I would buy another one if the style had not changed so much."

handles well

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "lots of pep"

Cons: "expensive upkeep"

"color is unique, fun to drive for a wagon. good quality leather seats not the cheesy leather I see on other cars. lots of little extras like the pull down sunshades in the backseat, total of 4 plugs for chargers, small storage nooks in back, compartment in door for umbrella. Cons: upkeep is more expensive than other vehicles I've had. Takes premium fuel, tires are more expensive, oil changes cost double my other car."

Best car owned. Very large trunk. Lots of extras

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Good mileage, excellent extras, comfortable trips"

"Love this car. Some extras: air bags all sides, front"

Love a roaring Dub!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "fun, great looks, best Dub I've owned"

Cons: "sport suspension rides a little rough"

"With the Midwest winters, I love this car. Sticks like glue to the road. Fast too!"

Best overall buy

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive3"

Cons: "maintince"

"Has everything you could ever want in a car, 6 speed, great gas milage, and so safe, with 10 airbags, amazing safety features, cruise controll and awesome dashboard computer. The only bad thing is the maintince, avg. oil chage will cost you about $100 but you only have to get one every 10K mi."

good in alot of ways, poorly designed in some

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

"The adjustments for the seats in this car are poorly designed and bizarre - half automatic, half manual. The music system is poor quality. The alert for an open gas cap flashes off an on whenever it wants, lighting up the dash. Use of back cargo space - folding down back seats, etc, is NOT optimized. Drives well, handles well in snow if with studs. Has design flaw - DRL - Daylight running lights when are "on" all the time, lead one to believe the lights are on at night, but they are not - the rear lights have no DRL feature. Easy to get pulled over by a cop because front is lit at dusk and beyong, but back is still dark with DRL feature. Could find no override."

Best of the best

By on Friday, February 3, 2012

Pros: "great car for good price"

Cons: "raer wheels should be driven not front"

"Its best car I ever had. Before I drive bmw 550 cadillac cts mercedes e350 and nissan maxima and PASSAT BEAT THEM ALL. I'm planning to change 2.0t for 3.6l it has 280hp. ;)"

vw love

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "responsive to my sporty driving"

Cons: "not one"

"I have had this car for 2 years now. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! i would buy it again in an instant."

Fantastic comfort, terrible mechanical quality

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reason: Multiple mechanical failures

Pros: "Comfort, interior design, sound system, turbo"

Cons: "Mechanically unsound"

"I purchased a very lightly used 2010 Passat Komfort in mid 2010 and used that car for a cross country road trip. I owned it for 31 days, and, out of those, the car spent 8 days in the shop. I had a oil pan malfunction, that required replacement; then, on our road trip, the check engine light came on and we were told the intake manifold was faulty - and that we could have been stranded at any time during our trip. I couldn't trust the car after that - basically I purchased a lemon. Other than the mechanical issues, the Komfort was extremely comfortable to drive. Not terribly quiet, but the seats are very nice, the leather is good quality, the surfaces are largely soft touch and of good quality feeling. The engine, 2.0 turbo charged, is peppy and ready to go, and on twisty Northern Cal highways the Komfort did well (though it is not an M3, to be sure). The sound system was also quite good. In all, I loved this car when I test drove it. I still love the comfort of the seats and the overall interior design, and the pep and ready-to-go nature of the turbo charged engine. I just hated the mechanical faults, and had to trade it in because I couldn't trust it not to strand us on road trips. I have been told that VW (and Audi) has excellent engineering but poor manufacturing, especially when the cars are manufactured anywhere other than Germany. If you are buying new, insist on checking the VIN and find out if the car was built in Germany."

Good Vehicle, Great MPG and fast when needed!!!!!

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive I love to hear that turbo whistle...."

Cons: "a/c vents dnt aim low enough..no radio ilumination"

"I have always liked the line of the passat , leather is really nice but was a bad choice for the Arizona weather.. Tires from dealer only lasted 25K and rear brakes about the same (because of the E brake function) don use it if you don't want to spend 360 dlls at the dealer for new pads...e brakes are complicated and cant be changed at home unless you know about them enough. Reliable car. In comfort I gave it 4 stars because the passenger seat is fully manual to recline and has one of the worst systems a turn knob to do it... come on VW you could of done better...the interior gear shift indicator plate the chrome is bubbling off the plastic (arizona heat).....other than that is a great car and has given me a lot of miles of reliability and speed."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great value for the price."

Cons: "Wish it came with a leather-wrapped steering wheel"

"Had this car now for almost four years and knock on wood, no reliability issues so far. Mileage and handling is great. I have a 4-year old kid. Great car for a family with one or two kids and at the same time some sport-feel driving; i.e., not a standard boring midsize family sedan. Would definitely recommend. Did not come with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, but no problem. Ordered a steering wheel cover from Wheelskins (the kind that you stitch on the wheel) and it worked out great."

Best car I ever had!

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Excellent value (and speed) for the size."

Cons: "No Navigation."

"I drove my Passat a few times long distance (over 500 miles) and it still drives like the first day I bought it! It's truly German engineering at its best for this type of a mid-size, family car. Seats are really comfortable and it leaves most SUVs in the dust when in the S gear. Love it and don't want to sell it!"

Great German Car for the Price

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

"This is a great German car for the price. Gets good gas mileage."

Really nice car but very expensive to maintain

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"I have a 2009 CC with the 2.0 and a 6 speed manual. It has a beautiful car to drive over 40K miles, BUT, it is a female dog to maintain. Just before it went out of warranty, the dealer where I take it for service (not where I bought it) replaced both the clutch pedal assembly and the intake manifold under warranty. Since then the clutch pedal has come loose twice. I just took it in for the 40K service. The service mgr said it's supposed to be loose like that. It was not loose before replace, and they tightened it once after service. Which brings me to the 40K service. VW covers service through 30K. At 40K they make it up with a $400 plus service charge. It's really too bad. It takes away from the terrific driving dynamics and beauty of the styling. The car is a delight on the twisties and still turns heads after 2 1/2 years. My advice is lease if you can stay under 40K miles during your lease. If you buy it, be prepared for very hefty maintenance and repair bills."

Excellent

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "great to drive; holding up well"

Cons: "expense of maintenance"

"Drove other cars to see if I wanted to sell. That was a no go. Excellent German engineering. However, skip using the dealer for service. Find a garage that works on Volkswagen and Audi's."

The Best

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Solid, very quick, fun"

"This is my 3rd Passat since1999. Excellent German engineering. It is bank vault solid and safe. The turbo is awesome. Let a friend drive it- he couldn't believe it's a 4 cyl. Excellent fuel economy for how solid and snappy this car is. No way a Toyota or Nissan can match the handling and speed. Funny to hear other reviewers complain about having stuff fixed --under warrany, for free!! Have had a few repairs done on my Passats in 12 years, but the dealer has always been excellent. Some of the reviewers who gave the Passat a low review score sound like shills from GM or Toyota. Before my Passats, I owned 2 Jettas and 2 original Beetles. Considering a Mercedes-Benz next time, but it will be hard to justify the additional expense."

Terrible Experience

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Reason: too many issues

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive to fix, lots of issues early on, no option to select fan and feet for air"

"I've owned this car for 5 years, and shortly after the first year, the fuel line had to be replaced (it was covered by warranty, however, didn't like that it had problems early on). The headlights kept going out and $80 a pop, became annoying. The interior lights went out in the third year, the horn went out in the 3 year. The Check engine light stayed on shortly after three years, and again, I kept having to pay $100 just to get it checked (sensory issue). This is the first time I ever owned a VW. I've always owned Toyota's and never encountered issues, and I owned one that reached over 100,000 miles and all I ever had to do was change the oil and replace the tires. That was all I could compare owning this vehicle to, and couldn't believe how may issues this car had. I was always worried that this car would leave me stranded. It is comfortable to drive one though"

Best Station Wagon out there

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "Price, MPG, Power, Reliability"

Cons: "Not made anymore"

"Original Owner - reliability first rate after 82,000 miles still have 1) original tires with lots of tread on them 2) original brakes (will replace at 85,000) Cars average overall is 30MPG, Highway at 65 MPH is 37-38 MPG Roomy, Quiet, Powerful, Safe, and looks brand new - what is not to like ?"

GOOD FOR USED

By on Thursday, March 31, 2011

"I BOUGHT THIS AFTER TRADING IN MY 09 TACOMA PRERUNNER V6. TRUCK WAS AWESOME BUT GAS MILAGE WAS VERY POOR ESPECIALLY IN WINTER. THE PASSAT GETS AVG 465 MILES TO THE TANK, NEEDS VERY LITTLE UPKEEP (EXCEPT FOR OIL CHANGES) AND HANDLES VERY WELL IN THE SNOW AND ICE FOR A FWD. CAR. FIT AND FINISH ARE ON PAR WITH AUDI AND DEALERSHIP COSTS CAN BE HIGH BUT THEN AGAIN THIS CAR HAS BEEN SAID TO GO 300K MILES TROUBLE FREE"

Burns oil!!!

By on Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Please stay away from these. Burns so much oil I run out between changes. Three dealers in Houston. All are terrible at service. All say the oil problem is no problem. Will turn in with 1mile to go before warranty runs out, even if lease is not up."

2nd one, will buy again

By on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"I really like the Passat drive -- both comfortable and twitchy. If you really like to drive, this is the best vehicle for the money. Plus the wagon has good leg room in the second row, and lots of room in back, especially since you can flip down the seats. Volkswagon has thought of everything and everything is in its place! The only thing I don't like is that the automatic trunk release will only open it, you can't push the button to close it."