2006 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 512 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "good value, attractive, comfortable"

Cons: "I can't think of any"

"This is the best car I ever owned. The quality is excellent, holds the road, excellent gas mileage (2400pm 38 mpg), attractive design, started everytime in the cold Illinois winters. I can't say enough nice about this car."

Great Wagon- but watch out on repairs!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Great highway driving"

Cons: "Parts are hard to come by and expensive"

"I loved this car until it hit about 100,000 miles. Then, the warranty wears off and you're paying a mint for parts. Drives very nice on the highway."

Fast, very economical, fun

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Economical (30 MPG as daily driver), comfortable"

Cons: "small door mirrors, design of center console"

"Bought the car used with 14,000 on it. It's the Sport optioned car with the 6 speed manual. I added a chip to it and this car screams! Even without the chip, the manual trans makes it a completely different animal than the garden variety automatic. Car is very smooth on the interstate, it's like a landlocked missile and is really fun to drive on back serpentine roads. Great sports suspension with minimal body roll. Brakes are adequate and without drama. Interior is well finished with typical Germanic functionality. The really additional cool factor is there were only 1750 units with the Sports package, Dynaudio and the 6 speed imported for this model year. This car has been rock steady reliable."

some good, some bad

By on Monday, September 7, 2009

"I bought this car one year ago. The first time I drove it I just fell in love with the car. The performance is great for the engine size and fuel economy is great. Also this is the most comfortable car I've EVER been in. trunk space is amazing. There are some bad things that come along with this car though also. For one It is in the shop anywhere from one to three times a month!!! this car is not reliable at all. If I didn't have a warranty I would be paying more to fix the car than my car payment! I recently decied to put a software mod on my car from apr and it has made all the differance in the world! 52 more horsepower, 100 more foot pounds of touque, better gas mileage, and best of all, NO ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS SINCE! overall the car is worth it of you don't mind spending a few days here and here at th dealer."

Japan is better

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"Bought this car new in June of 07 have had to take it to the dealer 7 times for for dash lights coming on everything from check engine to low tire pressure all the contrlos went out in steering wheel. No engine problems or trans but alot of annoying problems. This car way over engineered. Always owned Nissan or Toyota and can remember only one problem. Germans make a good looking car and rides great but to much hassel. get extended warr."

Beautiful but Unreliable

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I’ve had my Passat for 3+ years. I have had MANY small problems with it. I had new parts put on the transmission 3 times, wiper fluid dispensers replaced, radio replaced, all while it was still under warranty. Now that it is out of warranty I have an airbag fault, the transmission is beginning to do the same thing again, my radio doesn’t work properly, I have an antifreeze leak, something is going wrong with the starter, and lights on the outside of the car need to be replaces often. I’m going to dump the car as soon as I can, but the resale value is horrible. I love the look and performance of the car, but just simply can not afford all the repairs."

I really love this car.

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "comfort and cargo and great mileage"

Cons: "They are no longer making this model."

"I really love this car. Very comfortable and drives great. It gets great mileage and lots of cargo space."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive, great looking, great interior"

"This car is gorgeous, and is super fun to drive. I love the biege interior and black exterior. it is a luxury sport ride. The maintanence is expensive, but its worth it!. Gas milage not great.. but its worth it!.. you dont buy this car for economy, but for looks fun and the experience!. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy their ride. THe lights interior at night are red.. and blue super super cool. I love that too. Tires are pricey but get michellins and they will last 80000 miles, also a great lesson."

Rocket Wagen

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Build Quality, Reliability"

Cons: "Regular maintenance is a bit more expensive"

"I've owned my 3.6 wagon for about 2 years now and it's the perfect car for someone who travels for work. I drive about 25k miles/year and the Passat has proven to be fast, comfortable, spacious and durable (exterior and interior finish quality is outstanding for this price range). The only "failure" I've experienced is a defective fuel pressure sensor that was replaced under the certified warranty and otherwise, it has been absolutely reliable. If you are looking for a vehicle with the room of a mid-size SUV but handles more like a sports car, check out the Passat. My only regret is I didn't hold out for one with 4-motion all-wheel drive."

Luv this Car

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"I love driving this 2008 Passat Sedan. This is my 2nd VW. First was a 2002 Passat Wagon with xtra goodies like moon roof, leather interior and premium Audio system. I would still have this car if not for freak rain storm with high winds that got water into my ABS system and engine. VW are a bit pricey to maintain, but worth it if you take care of it. The new faux leather is better than I expected and I love the few xtra goodies like connection for your MP3 player or cell phone, driver side compartment, umbrella storage in door panel, etc. It zooms up hills like you were on a level road. Its nimble, quick and hugs the curves nicely. On long trips of 250 mi or more you easily get 31-32 mpg. Adjust the seats to your body and you can ride comforably on long trips. I bought it used in May 2008 and no problems yet (cross my fingers)."