2006 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Nice wagon

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"The Passat Wagon provides nice handling and plenty of cargo space."

great car for the money

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I own a 2006 Passat 2.0T with leather and loaded with all options available on this model. I dare you to compare this car to a comparably equiped Audi, BMW or Mercedes. The sensible choice will be clear, as it was for me. This vehicle is comfortable, stylish, classy, powerfull, economical(in comparison to similar imports), and surprisingly roomy. The 2 liter turbo puts out more horsepower than most domestic V6's. I've had problems with a check engine light, a wiper switch, and chronic problems with the Dynaudio stereo upgrade. However, this car was completely redesigned for the 2006 model, and a few minor bugs(warranty) can be considered a small price to pay for a reasonably priced, cutting edge European sport sedan. I bought the car in WI, dealership was amazing. Since have moved to MN and have yet to find a Minneapolis dealership I trust. The tractioin control and ESP option make this car superior in icy, snowy weather as well. Overall, a very good vehicle. I have the fullest confidence that VW will get the bugs worked out of their flagship sedan."

Could use some work

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I bought my car a year ago. At first it was great and I loved it. I traded a 2003 z-71 as I do home health care and drive a lot, the cost of gas was getting to be to much for my truck and I had already tried the two car owner, one for work and one for pleasure. Got to expensive. I have had my car in the shop now for two recalls, one of which took a week to fix due to a screw up on the shops part. I finally had to complain to VW. I agree with one reviewer that having to take it to the dealership to turn maintenence lights off is annoying. I have had my car returned to me with the service lights still on and I live two hours from the nearest VW shop. I have to drive this two hours and pay double to have my oil changed as I cannot have it changed in my hometown even if i buy the parts to have it done, because once again the service light has to be turned off by VW or it screws up the computerized maintenece log and affects warranty. They don't seem to make it easy on the consumer and print the instructions in the manual on how to turn off service lights. Yes you do have to put the more expensive gas in it, you can put in plus gasoline or at least 88 to 89 anything lower than 88 and the check engine light comes on. Dealer told me to put the regular in it with octane booster, the trick doesn't work. I guess really i am more dissapointed in the customer service area of my dealership. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but the front end of my car squeaks when i hit speed bumps or anytime the car comes down on the shocks. Took it in and they lubed it, but still didn't fix the problem. I also have already had to have the battery replaced after 10 months of ownership. I have also noticed that it takes longer now for my A/C to cool off, i imagine it will go out like so many others i have read about. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone unless you have a local VW dealership to fix the problems. Also don't expect it to hold it's resale value. I bought the value edition and my resale value dropped by 8,000.00 dollars in less than a year. No more VW's for me."

Buy This Car

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"The Pasat is one of the best Midsize Sedan's I've ever owned. The handling is so tight and the pick up for a 4 cylinder engine is phenomenal. Wish I would've gotten different leather seats, but the ones I have are fine. Wonderful car, would recommend it to anyone!"

PRFECT CAR

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"THIS IS ONLY VEHICLE THAT HAS NO PROBLEMS PUTTING OUT POWER AND STILL BE ABLE TO GET GOOD FUEL MPG IF DRIVEN SLOWLY. LOVE THE LOOK AND INTERIOR GOOD SOUND SYSTEM , LOTS OF POWER BUT I JUST BECAME DAD OF TRIPLETS AND I NEED A VAN. WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE LATER."