2006 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 501 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 49 50 51 | Next

swithing to the darkside

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I actually held of on this review to see if the vw reliability had REALLY improved. after driving the new passat for the last year, i have decided that VW is my new marque, it has given me worry free performance and reliability with safety to boot. the service i recieved from my local dealership in Fairfax has been exceptional, i dealt with hondas, mazdas, and toyotas all my life and have never recieved such service in the sales or service end of it. heres a praise VW, keep up the good work!"

2006 Passat

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Bought this car new. Great power, stylish, cool features. However, would not recommend the car. Used 2 quarts of oil in 10,000 miles. Several sensor issues and repairs in the 30,000 miles I have owned it. Would suggest looking at other vehicles if looking for reliability."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This car has great pickup. I'm getting around 30.5 mpg on country roads."

LEMON

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"This has been the worst experience with a vehicle I have ever had. My PAssat is approximately 1year old and it has been in the shop 4 times for the a/c, which each took 3 weeks to fix, once for the check engine light and now I went to start it yesterday , the battery is dead. Looks like another trip to the dealership for me because they make these cars so you have to bring it to the dealership. Do yourself a favor and stay away from VW. I will, once I trade this one in."

It maybe my last VW

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This is my second passat and I must admit I loved it. BUT I'm kind of tired of keep going to the dealership to check the warning lights. "already 5 times in a year" I think in a brand new car this is not aceptable. Everything else is fine. Once I'm done with this car I will probably go and try something else but VW."

Solid Performer

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"The 2006 Passat is a great car to own and drive. It has great styling with the quality that you would expect from Volkswagen / Audi. It has a sports car-like handling, so the ride is a bit stiff and not luxurous. It is a great car to drive to work -- good gas milage without a loss of performance. It has all the ammenities of more expensive luxury sedans."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"This is my first VW and definitely NOT my last. The 2 liter turbo engine performs very well and interior fit and finish is great. I average 28.5 MPG on my daily 20 mile commute to work. I have had more people compliment this car than my previous BMW X3. This car has excellent quality paint, with almost no orange peel, so much better than the awful garbage they call paint on BMW's. I love this car and VW will definitely be on the top of the list for my next car. My one gripe is that the rear seats are reclined to far and they cant be adjusted."

26k and no power seat?

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"I've had my Package 2 2.0 for 12 months now, have put about 12,000 miles on the OD. Purchased used for about 26k (7k below sticker). I enjoy the pick up of the engine, gas milage has exceeded expectations (33.8 MPG on 1200 mile road trip last month), handling is a little mushy. If you like to corner quick around the city, go with the sport package. My gripe: the driving postion of the seat is driving me crazy. I don't understand the VW/AUDI seat adjustments, I can't get the seat to where it is comfortable. I know it sounds crazy, but a $32k new sticker car should come with power seats - most 2.0 Passats don't. You have to be comfortable in the car you drive, and the driving position of the PASSAT is the worst i've ever experienced - because you can't adjust out of it. My suggestion to anyone who is looking at this car is go with a Wolfsburg 2.0 package, or to the 3.6 (VR6 in 2008) - best value in the line with the additional features that VW offers."

slight annoyance

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"Great car, but 2 mo later windows were malfunctioning"

Sleeper hit

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"I've had the 3.6 for a year and a half and the performance is spectacular. The car is a ball to drive and it gets surprisingly great mileage even when pushed.I consistently get 30 on the highway doing 70 and in the low 20's in the city. I was nervous about VW quality but have had zero issues with this car. I have owned much more expensive cars but this one blows away past Jags and a Llexus. If you can go for the sport package- the seats are awesome."

Previous | 1 ... 49 50 51 | Next