2006 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 494 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Passat Lux, very nice classy, real leather luxury

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "luxury features, turbo power surge, driving"

Cons: "ride is a little harsh on very bumpy pavement"

"I have had several passats and this is by far the best one. I enjoy the luxury options, automatic climate control, full power seats with memory, moon roof, leather. The car handles very nice, love the power of the 2.0 turbo and the smoothness of the 6 sp auto. I have had no problems or issues. Great touring car!"

Best overall buy

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive3"

Cons: "maintince"

"Has everything you could ever want in a car, 6 speed, great gas milage, and so safe, with 10 airbags, amazing safety features, cruise controll and awesome dashboard computer. The only bad thing is the maintince, avg. oil chage will cost you about $100 but you only have to get one every 10K mi."

love my wagon

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "power performance, all wheel drive, gas mileage,"

Cons: "rubber steering wheel... in a $34,000 car."

"My wagon has been extremely reliable especially considering its a volkswagen. I believe everyone makes good cars and everyone makes bad cars. I got lucky I got a good one. I love the styling, the performance, the sunroof, the technology, the gas mileage is extremely impressive 30 on the highway, since it was new. I drive 70 and you should too. Hey its your money I guess drive as fast as you think you need right? average mpg is 23.5- the window sticker is way wrong. The dealer they've been pretty good. When I have problems with the car they fix it for free (open recalls) other than the recalls the car has been great. Aside from the fact that all of you love to slam your car doors into it, not the cars fault I guess."

worst car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reason: Unreliable constant breakdowns high price parts

Cons: "Electronic mess"

"Parts are high priced, low quality. Unreliable, repairs needed often. VW customer service is not interested in helping. Car has sizzle without substance. Resale is low. I traded it in because I couldn't look anyone in the eye and tell them it is a good car."

My favorite Car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas, drive, comfort, dependability, smooth"

"I've had plenty of cars in the past, but this car I LOVE. It has all the extra's I want, it drives smooth to this day with all the miles I've put on it. I have no problems with my Passat Komfort. The call it Komfort for a reason, it's comfortable and great for long trips. The interior is spacious and I LOVE my sound system, the option of Ipod in the glove, the storage compartments, the wide tires, the sunroof size, cruise control, gas/mileage ratio, panel information, quick pick up, and excellent trunk space. I am hesitant to buy another Passat, because I love this one too much. That's why I plan on keeping this for a very very long time. Ok, now the downer, when I use the turbo, it uses up a bit more oil so that must be watched. But then again, all turbo vehicles do just this. I did have the windows tinted, but that's the only thing I've done to it."

Borderline entry luxury class with good handling.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Vg handling. Good build quality. Luxurious."

Cons: "No bluetooth."

"Very good value. German quality build. Lots of features, including auto rear hatch door. Well though out car. Good performance with turbo engine plus 30mpg on highway. Luxurious interior including real wood trim and rear window shades. All around good value."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive, great looking, great interior"

"This car is gorgeous, and is super fun to drive. I love the biege interior and black exterior. it is a luxury sport ride. The maintanence is expensive, but its worth it!. Gas milage not great.. but its worth it!.. you dont buy this car for economy, but for looks fun and the experience!. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy their ride. THe lights interior at night are red.. and blue super super cool. I love that too. Tires are pricey but get michellins and they will last 80000 miles, also a great lesson."

Rocket Wagen

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Build Quality, Reliability"

Cons: "Regular maintenance is a bit more expensive"

"I've owned my 3.6 wagon for about 2 years now and it's the perfect car for someone who travels for work. I drive about 25k miles/year and the Passat has proven to be fast, comfortable, spacious and durable (exterior and interior finish quality is outstanding for this price range). The only "failure" I've experienced is a defective fuel pressure sensor that was replaced under the certified warranty and otherwise, it has been absolutely reliable. If you are looking for a vehicle with the room of a mid-size SUV but handles more like a sports car, check out the Passat. My only regret is I didn't hold out for one with 4-motion all-wheel drive."

good in alot of ways, poorly designed in some

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"The adjustments for the seats in this car are poorly designed and bizarre - half automatic, half manual. The music system is poor quality. The alert for an open gas cap flashes off an on whenever it wants, lighting up the dash. Use of back cargo space - folding down back seats, etc, is NOT optimized. Drives well, handles well in snow if with studs. Has design flaw - DRL - Daylight running lights when are "on" all the time, lead one to believe the lights are on at night, but they are not - the rear lights have no DRL feature. Easy to get pulled over by a cop because front is lit at dusk and beyong, but back is still dark with DRL feature. Could find no override."

Best of the best

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "great car for good price"

Cons: "raer wheels should be driven not front"

"Its best car I ever had. Before I drive bmw 550 cadillac cts mercedes e350 and nissan maxima and PASSAT BEAT THEM ALL. I'm planning to change 2.0t for 3.6l it has 280hp. ;)"

vw love

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "responsive to my sporty driving"

Cons: "not one"

"I have had this car for 2 years now. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! i would buy it again in an instant."

would not buy again

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"Constant problem with car which dealership cannot seam to diagnose properly. Every time I bring it in they say something different than the last diagnosis."

This is a great car to drive.

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"The Passat is reliable, has a comfortable ride, safety features are great, and I would recommend it to anyone."

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cons: "mileage"

"Great car! Coming from a Meredes, I was prepared to be disappointed. Far from the truth. This car has all the perks that a top dressed Mercedes has minus the built in GPS."

My first German car but not my last

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, elegant, roomy, fuel efficient, :)"

"I absolutely, positively love owing this car. I purchase it with 68k miles and have owned it for 3 years. I will admit that a few months after I bought the car I had an issue with the cooling system and had to replace the compressor which was about 1k dollars but I had an extended warranty and only paid 100 bucks for my deductible. Aside from that no other issues, love the power from the turbo powered engine and the gas mileage from the v4. I've had automatic cars and standard cars as well but this is the first car I owned with a tiptronic transmission which is the best of both worlds if you ask me. when I want to drive relaxed I put it on D but when I feel like driving stick I engage the tiptronic. Elegance and style with that sports feel if you ask me once you go german there's no coming back!"

Awesome sport wagon!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, performance, and appeal!"

"Just purchased this car after selling my Volvo 2004 xc70. It handles like a typical well made German car with a sport suspention and quick acceleration with the 3.6 280 hp V6. Just completed a 300 mile trip and averaged 31.4 mpg on the highway. The Lux. features are really well placed. I would highly recommend this car if you're looking for a sport wagon."

solid german engineering, and dependable as well

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "rock solid, great road feel, seats, quiet"

Cons: "instrument panel could have been designed better"

"Have owned since new. Replaced tires at 34K and get the recommended service by dealer. Car is rock solid and I have had zero unexpected repair issues in almost 4 years of ownership. Passengers think the 200HP turbocharged 4-cyclinder is a much larger 6 cyclinder. Get 25mpg city/hywy combination....32 mpg on highway. Have owned 27 cars over the years....by far, this is one of my favorites."

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun car to drive"

Cons: "Not a lot of mods available for the engine"

"This vehicle is very impressive. I love how it handles, especially when I'm going 80 mph barely pushing 3000 rpms in 6th gear."

My favorite car ever

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "awesome value for the money"

Cons: "interior door handles and some dials are peeling"

"This car has the luxury feel, responsive handling, and executive look I wanted at a very reasonable price. My gas mileage is higher than estimated - 28 - 31 mpg highway, 22-26 street. Only things I don't like are that some plastic parts on the interior are peeling, and it has the usual useless VW cup holders. I have gotten 50K plus dependable miles out of it and plan to drive for a lot longer. I wish I could get a new one just like when it needs to be replaced but this model has been revised."

GERMAN ENGINEERING

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

"Previously I owned a 2000 Jetta that was a GREAT car. I bought this vehicle from the original owner that was being transferred overseas in July of 2010. I was going to wait and buy a new Passat CC in 2012; but received a fair deal and understood that the body style may have been changing in 2011. I have been extreemly pleased with my car and happy that I bought this vehicle!"

Fantastic comfort, terrible mechanical quality

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Reason: Multiple mechanical failures

Pros: "Comfort, interior design, sound system, turbo"

Cons: "Mechanically unsound"

"I purchased a very lightly used 2010 Passat Komfort in mid 2010 and used that car for a cross country road trip. I owned it for 31 days, and, out of those, the car spent 8 days in the shop. I had a oil pan malfunction, that required replacement; then, on our road trip, the check engine light came on and we were told the intake manifold was faulty - and that we could have been stranded at any time during our trip. I couldn't trust the car after that - basically I purchased a lemon. Other than the mechanical issues, the Komfort was extremely comfortable to drive. Not terribly quiet, but the seats are very nice, the leather is good quality, the surfaces are largely soft touch and of good quality feeling. The engine, 2.0 turbo charged, is peppy and ready to go, and on twisty Northern Cal highways the Komfort did well (though it is not an M3, to be sure). The sound system was also quite good. In all, I loved this car when I test drove it. I still love the comfort of the seats and the overall interior design, and the pep and ready-to-go nature of the turbo charged engine. I just hated the mechanical faults, and had to trade it in because I couldn't trust it not to strand us on road trips. I have been told that VW (and Audi) has excellent engineering but poor manufacturing, especially when the cars are manufactured anywhere other than Germany. If you are buying new, insist on checking the VIN and find out if the car was built in Germany."

excellent handling and roomy!

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Great car, awesome handling on mountain/curving/coastal highways. quiet ride. smooth, seamless shifting with alot of power. mp3 player in glovebox compartment with access of such and more on steering wheel.alot of leg and headroom, family of 4 all 5'9' and taller. excellent trunk space and love my stereo! only issue is if windows are even just cracked open a little water from roof drips on to control's on arm rest of doors."

Reliability isn't perfect, but everything else is!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Everything except reliability, really"

Cons: "Average reliability- not bad by any means,just avg"

"I've enjoyed driving my '08 Passat Sedan as much as I enjoyed driving my smaller '03 Wolfsburg Jetta, and I don't think a single bit of the small car handling feel is lost on my larger Passat. This car, esepcially with its 6-Speed transmission and turbocharger, feels very sporty in terms of roadhandling, maneuvering, accelerating, and breaking firmly - it just does so with finer accouterments than what you'd typically find in a car like this, IE a featherweight clutch, a normal-throw shifter (bad for track/race cars, good for street cars), and convenient mid-sized sedan size without sacrificing any performance. It's the best of both worlds to me, as this unique blend of sport and luxury experiences (as well as VW's famous good looks)is what makes VW's the best road cars out there by a large margin. (Value's good too - I payed less than what I would have for a Civic for this thing brand new, and the civic was slower, smaller, handled about the same, had cloth interior, and an inferior sound system.)"

Great overall car. What you'd expect from a VW

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Only negatives... 1. The headlights. They seem weak and bulbs are not readily changeable by yourself. I don't like that I can't simply buy a $7 part and install it myself. 2. Back seat is somewhat tight. I'm 6'3" so when my seat is all the way back sitting behind me for an adult is tough. Also have baby seat base in middle of back seat and its somewhat difficult to get carrier in and out. Also, the nature of the back seat causes the baby seat to tilt upwards and not sit as flat as it should."

Great Road Car

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"This car has made two cross-country trips and is used around town. The gas mileage has always exceeded 30 mpg and it has to be one of the most comfortable cars on the road. It has had its AC problems, but the warranty covered that. I think we are VW buyers for life after our experience with this Passat."

See if you qualify for