2003 Volkswagen Passat

7.5

Based on 805 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

7.5/10

Everyone is envious, I love mine.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable ride, super quiet too."

Cons: "City mileage is only between 20 and 25 mpg."

"From the heated leather seats in the winter to the custom, super quiet ride I love my car. All my friends want one and two even bought one. A great used value."

Had enough!

By on Thursday, December 04, 2008

"I had this car for 7 1/2 years now. Every single year that I had it I have had some out-of-pocket expense for repairs or maintenance on it. Not only was the cost in money but also in time since I have no 2nd car and I had to take off to get some of these repairs. If I couldn't take the day off I had to rent a car. This happened more than a few times. Not only have I had several major repairs over the 7 years but the lousy work at the dealership caused me to sometimes have the same problem fixed multiple times. I don't want to go into more detail because I could write a book about it. Just want to warn people considering this car if you want real reliablity look elsewhere. I myself have had enough. I'm going to keep this car for the winter and in the Spring when I get my incometax refund I plan on buying something new while can still trade this car in."

Never buy a VW

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"This car has been NOTHING but trouble since I bought it. It was the biggest mistake buying it. I bought it as a certified preowned vehicle. The gas pedal sticks, I now found out it is an electrical problem VW refuses to fix. I found out the oil pan's coating flakes off and does not oil get into the engine. I am fixing the oil problem and I am selling the car."

Great Gas Mileage

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"This 4 cylinder turbo engine Passat gives very good gas mileage on freeways. I get closer to 31 mpg on free ways. But during city drive I get around 24 mpg. It's a sturdy vehicle with good controls. The thing I don't like about this vehicle is the maintenance expense, especially if you take it to VW dealer. In addition, I noticed I had an issue with its moon roof operation which was very difficult to isolate and fix. Also, this vehicle had too many recalls. In the end, I would recommend this vehicle for its road comfort, sleek style and sturdiness."

162K miles and still running strong.

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"I'm a very long term VW fan. My first car was a 1962 Beetle. over the years I've had plenty of cars, but he VWs are still my favorite. I currently have a 2002 Passat GLX 4Motion Wagon with the 2.6 liter V6. We love this car. It has been very comfortable and quite reliable. As with all cars, we've had a few maintenance issues that were quickly addressed by the local dealer. Problems to date include: Leaking sun roof; plugged sun roof drains (recall issue); slight slipping of the transmission during acceleration between 35 and 50 mph. That's about it. One thing to keep in mind regarding service, always use synthetic oil (VW recommends 5W-40). So, back to the car... Quiet, comfortable and dependable. We can haul around more stuff than my father-in-law can in his Toureg! Mileage has been pretty good, about 23 mpg on average, peaking at 30+ mpg on the highway. if you enjoy affordable quality German engineering, consider the Passat."