2001 Volkswagen Passat

6.9

Based on 490 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

7.3/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10

Great value certainly got our money's worth

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

"After 13 years and a 193000 miles, still getting 30 mpg and haven't endured any major maintenance or repair costs. Body still in great shape, no rust . Couldn't be happier with the car's overall performance over the years. A couple of not so great points would be the placement of the cup holders , near the gearshift and the length of time it takes for the car to cool off in the summer and warm in the winter."

I really like VW and their simple styling.

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, not a cushy US car,"

Cons: "not as quiet as I'd like"

"I'd buy another one tomorrow, if used BMWs weren't so pletiful and affordable."

fun to drive for all ages

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "very dependable has class every thing one needs"

Cons: "I think its 90% perfect"

"a very dependable car with every high end features a ae.g.sunroof heated front seat leather seats very clean inside. goodpaint kept in garage power windows overall a very attractive car."

never buy a turbo vw

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Reason: was only running on 3 of 4 cylinders, window was broken, parts too expensive

"this car gave me so many problems."

I LOVE this car!

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Driveability, fun to drive, lots of extras"

Cons: "Cheezy cup holders"

"I have a 6 cyl. Passat and it drives like a charm. It's a manual transmission which shifts beautifully and is very fun and comfortable to drive. The only thing I would trade this for is a new Passat, but it has to be a manual transmission."

Reliable, luxurious and fun

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Nice to drive, nice ride, great stereo, reliable"

Cons: "Because all wheel drive, the gas mileage not great"

"Purchased this car when it was already 4 years old, & I've driven it over 7 years; and now has 118,000 miles. It's been a reliable & very comfortable car. It drives nice & never needs more than the standards, like oil change, tires, battery, and just recently a radiator. At 100,000 did required maintenance, to keep this baby going. Electrical, AC, power windows, mirrors, moonroof, power & heated seats, all still work. Great Monsoon stereo system, no speaker issues. Recently found out need a valve cover gasket & air flow selonoid; but what can one expect from a 12 year old car! This car has been excellent,and may even consider a 2013."

This vehicle has been a huge expence to maintain.

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Its cute"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain"

"I love the appearance of the body, but it has been extremely expensive to maintain."

Great family car for the snow!

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Great quality, fun to drive, comfortable."

Cons: "lacks power."

"I purchased my Passat two years ago, and have been very happy with it. I got it mainly due to the 4Motion AWD... the great quality of the interior was a added plus. The leather seats are very comfortable, even on 3 day long driving trips with the kids and dogs. Engine is great, although it lacks the "pep" I was expecting from a german car. The car handles wonderfully on mountain roads and in the city. Gas mileage is around 20mpg with mainly driving around town and on highways. I live where it snows A LOT in the winter, and the 4Motion on the Passat is wonderful in the snow. The ground clearance isn't the best... but it still plows through the deep snow with no problems. Also there is no pull when one tire hits deep water or slush. I've had problems with the other cars pulling hard which is very scarry. But in this car you can barely feel that it has gone through anything. My only complaint is the steering wheel doesn't lower enough for me. Even when I put the seat up as high as it is comfortable, the steering wheel is still to high. Although this is mostly important to me due to the fact that I have a bad neck and having my hands/arms in a higher position can give me headaches."

Time Bomb.

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Reason: Major Oil Leak. Bad Cat. Converters.

Pros: "Looks cute and comfy."

Cons: "HORRIBLE"

"I have only owned this car for 6 months and I have put over 2,000 $ worth of work into it. I have been to 4 different mechanics that were unable to "fix" the oil leak. In the past week it seems like the entire vehicle is literally falling apart. DO NOT BUY A PASSAT!!!"

NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER,BUT LOVE THE CAR

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "DRIVES GREAT, VERY SEXY VEHICLE, AND ALWAYS STYLE"

Cons: "JUST NEEDS LEATHER AND CD PLAYER"

"I'M NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE VEHICLE. HOWEVER I AM THE 2ND OWNER OF IT AND I LOVE THE CAR.. I HAD TO GET SOME WORK DONE ON IT CONSIDERING THE ORIGINAL OWNER DIDN'T TAKE THE BEST CARE OF IT. VOLKSWAGEN IS SAID TO BE GREAT LONG LASTING VEHICLES AND YES I WOULD AGREE. I HAVE BEEN AND STILL AM PLEASED WITH MY VEHICLE.I WANT TO TRADE IN THE VEHICLE FOR ANOTHER VOLKSWAGEN SAME MODEL, JUST A NEWER YEAR.THIS PARTICULAR MODEL I HAVE IS AN ALL TIME U.S.MOST POPULAR MODEL.I LOVE THE COLOR,DRIVE AND MOST OF ALL I LOOK GOOD IN MY CAR... SO TO UPGRADE FOR A NEWER MODEL WOULD BE EVEN BETTER. I THINK FROM THIS HERE ON OUT I CAN ACTUALLY CONSIDER MYSELF A VOLKSWAGEN OWNER FOREVER. CAUSE THAT'S HOW HAPPY I HAVE BEEN WITH MY GOLDEN LADY.. CAN'T SAY I WOULDN'T TRADE HER FOR THE WORLD, BUT I CAN SAY I WOULDN'T TRADE VOLKSWAGEN IN FOR NO OTHER VEHICLE... I WILL BE FOREVER A VOLKSWAGEN DRIVER."