2000 Volkswagen Passat

6.9

Based on 484 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

7.3/10
    7.3/10
    7.0/10
Previous | 1 ... 95 96 97 | Next

A great car- but always breaking

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I have had my Passat for almost 2 years. It is a very comfortable ride, pretty good on gas and fast acceleration. However, I have spent thousands of dollars fixing it- for major and minor problems. It was fine until it hit about 85,000 miles, and it is at 100,000 now and still continuing to have problems. I have heard from several people that Volkswagons tend to have a lot of problems around 100,000 miles. I would say that is true. But overall a good car. I would not recommend fixing it at a VW dealer- they are not the best at service. I found an independent mechanic that specializes in VW's. It is a lot less expensive"

My Vee Dub is Awesome

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This is my first real car (the first one I've paid for), and I've enjoyed my five-year experience with it. The V6 is strong, and the steering is terrific. It still looks great on the road today, and the interior has held up very well. I'm glad I didn't follow my friends and get another Honda (which is another awesome car). I love that it's a bit different. And, my friends love the styling and the comfort on road trips. The stereo can kick out some jams as well. Reliability has been pretty solid with a few maintenance needs, but I will always love my "Dubby!""

Reliable, but Expensive to Repair

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"We bought our 99 Passat used in 2001. It has been reliable, comfortable and overall, it's been a pretty good car. My only complaint is that when something goes wrong and needs to be repaired (which has happened more often than I would like), it is VERY expensive to repair."

Best Car Ever OWNED

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Ive had this car for 8 months and i hear about alot of problems with it. I think it is the best car ive ever had. Its over all performance is GREAT. Its really comfortable and reliable. Drives like a dream car. I couldnt ask for better for the price i payed. 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLS sittin on 18z."

Previous | 1 ... 95 96 97 | Next