2000 Volkswagen Passat

6.9

Based on 491 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

7.3/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"This car drives like a sports car, looks like an expensive luxury car and just looks great."

The worse car I have ever owed

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I really hate this car. It has cost a lot of money to fix. When it rains the front passenger side leaks. If I do not clean the mess quickly the car will smell like mildew. My children have to sit in the back seat and inhale the unhealthy air. I took the car to the VW dealer and they told me that it will cost $1,000 to fix the problem. Come to find out, this is a well known fact by VW that the Passat is subject to leak in the front seat. Why hasn’t this car been recalled? I am due to trade this piece of junk in as soon as possible."

Love this car!!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"All around great car! Have had for 5 years with NO problems. Great gas mileage while having a sporty feel!! Looks great/classy!"

Breaks often expensive to repair

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I bought this car 2 yrs ago used with 96000m. I have had a complete valve replacement to the cyl head due to a timing belt break which by the way has a service interval of 110000 m. Not cheap. I had to replace the starter. I currently now need to replace the ABS control module. Cheap brittle plastics used in the engine compartment. All expensive components. The good qualities are that it handles great and if you like to drive like a race car driver there is good power for the small engine. However for just avereage driving the car suffer from the typical turbo lag. You must keep the engine revving to stay in the power zone. It is annoying when you just want a relaxing drive. I will be selling this car as soon as I find a replacement."

Great Car, expensive to keep

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"I have a 2000 GLX Passat Sedan. Overall, I really like the comfort, horsepower, and styling of the car. As far as maintenance goes though, it's very expensive to keep after the first three years. Most all maintenance is pricey (including synthetic oil changes which run around $75), including brake/rotors, various flushes, etc. If you're considering this car, I'd call up some repair shops to get some prices on routine services (and others like price of tires cost, fuel injector service, pads/rotors, etc) before committing to a long-term relationship with this car."