2000 Volkswagen Passat

6.9

Based on 484 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

7.3/10
    7.3/10
    7.0/10
Previous | 1 ... 18 19 20 | Next

Money Pit

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This car has been nothing but trouble from the get-go. I am the original owner and have been consistent on all of its scheduled services, yet it has been incredibly unreliable. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy a Passat!"

good car

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"pros - reliable car with very good handling for a sedan. good warranty - water pump and something else went bad after 7 years but since i was original owner it was covered under warranty. con - clips on head lights broke within two weeks of each other after 6 years. only way to replace was to buy brand new lights ($100 each). Engine is getting louder as car gets older."

Unreliable 'til the end

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Lots of mechanical problems. I serviced the car dozens of times and flaky service departments spent multiple attempts (and $) trying to fix problems and rarely gave proper diagnoses. Numerous emissions problems, service light was always on, but the car was still a blast to drive. The turbo made acceleration fun and easy (besides the big lag), and engine felt pretty responsive for an affordable 4 cyl."

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I have owned this car for 7 years, and it has been great. I've kept up the 5,000 mile maintenance and so have had things fixed "before" there was a problem. Nothing unreasonable so far. I can't imagine another car having this kind of reliability. Before this, I had been a loyal Honda owner (for about 16 years), but no more. Now it's VW Passat all the way."

2001.5 GLS Passat

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I'm the original owner on this one and my first VW. I would purchase this car again in a heartbeat although I would get the wagon this time as I have 2 dogs and alot of stuff and sedan's just don't work that well for that. Haven't had a problem that wasn't reasonable to fix or under warranty. Just a flat out great car. I plan on running it into the ground. Stinker is the premium gas requirement though but still worth the vehicle."

A great car- but always breaking

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I have had my Passat for almost 2 years. It is a very comfortable ride, pretty good on gas and fast acceleration. However, I have spent thousands of dollars fixing it- for major and minor problems. It was fine until it hit about 85,000 miles, and it is at 100,000 now and still continuing to have problems. I have heard from several people that Volkswagons tend to have a lot of problems around 100,000 miles. I would say that is true. But overall a good car. I would not recommend fixing it at a VW dealer- they are not the best at service. I found an independent mechanic that specializes in VW's. It is a lot less expensive"

My Vee Dub is Awesome

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This is my first real car (the first one I've paid for), and I've enjoyed my five-year experience with it. The V6 is strong, and the steering is terrific. It still looks great on the road today, and the interior has held up very well. I'm glad I didn't follow my friends and get another Honda (which is another awesome car). I love that it's a bit different. And, my friends love the styling and the comfort on road trips. The stereo can kick out some jams as well. Reliability has been pretty solid with a few maintenance needs, but I will always love my "Dubby!""

Reliable, but Expensive to Repair

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"We bought our 99 Passat used in 2001. It has been reliable, comfortable and overall, it's been a pretty good car. My only complaint is that when something goes wrong and needs to be repaired (which has happened more often than I would like), it is VERY expensive to repair."

Best Car Ever OWNED

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Ive had this car for 8 months and i hear about alot of problems with it. I think it is the best car ive ever had. Its over all performance is GREAT. Its really comfortable and reliable. Drives like a dream car. I couldnt ask for better for the price i payed. 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLS sittin on 18z."

Previous | 1 ... 18 19 20 | Next