2010 Volkswagen New Beetle

6.9

Based on 1123 Ratings for the 1998 - 2010 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Wonderful piece of functional art!

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "2 cup holders in turntable under CD, fun car!"

"Bug is very reliable, despite me leaving the mirror light on for over 8 hours. No repairs... & only replaced the tires recently, love the comfort of the seat (purchased fleeced covers from a upholsterer) and had the windows tinted to decrease the suns rays. I am 62 and wish I had bought one back in the 1960s."

great car, fun to drive, but lots of repairs

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great on gas, very cute"

Cons: "expensive repairs"

"this car is amazing, its basally have a little jeep. this car can easy drive over snow, and never has gotten stuck. because of its small size it can fit anywhere, if you one of those speed racer, constantly merging into different lanes on the highway kind of person this is the car for you. when it comes to getting repair, it is a different story. i have spent well over 3,000 dollars just in the last year with this car due to minor things. the driver side window sometimes goes down on its own and the biggest problem of all the i still haven't yet to resolve is that it leaks. after rain this car becomes a swimming pool! i love my bug and I'm not trading it anytime soon."

1999 TDI New Beetle

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "Cup holders and a few electrical glitches."

"I would only buy a diesel VW. They are very special. The gas version is nothing special. The diesel gets an honest 45-47 no matter how or where I drive it. The really important thing about longevity with these cars is make sure the timing belt is replaced about every 80,000 miles. Other than a few electronic glitches - door lock and a bad wire to the glow plugs, this car has done admirably well in 13 years. Interior is still solid. No rust or weird problems with the body. Very good car! I use Rotella T-6 synthetic oil and change both oil and filter every 10,000 miles. I drive over 4 3000 feet mountain passes a few times a month. This car does not have to shift out of 5th gear and can cruise easily up and down the passes at 70 mph. Not much room in the back, but the front is very roomy. Cup holders are stupid - that's my biggest complaint. I paid 1/4 the price of a new Prius and get almost equal the same mpg without the complexity."

Great car, BUT THE ENGINE LIGHT WON'T TURN OFF!!!!

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive with the top down!!!!!!"

Cons: "ENGINE LIGHT WON'T TURN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm the 4th owner od this car and I love it. I just had to replace tires on it when I purchased it. It's a convertible so the back window needed to be waterproofed, but has never leaked. I only have 62,000 miles and it runs great. The only thing I've had to do in the three years I've owned it is a new battery and oil changes. The only negative aspect of my car is the ENGINE AND AIR BAG LIGHTS STAY ON ALL THE TIME!!!! I've had them checked and reset 4 times and the mechanic can't find anythin wrong. I've read other reviews with the same complaint."

2002 VW Beetle 1.8 Turbo

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Cute Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Minor issues"

"I just got this car in February and have been to the shop 2 or 3 times. Most we're very minor issues but one happened to be that my AC went out right as the Texas summer began.....$450 later my AC is working great. (which is expected with an older car) Awesome car, I plan on have multiple bugs in the future!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen New Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals