2010 Volkswagen New Beetle

6.9

Based on 1125 Ratings for the 1998 - 2010 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

1999 TDI New Beetle

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "Cup holders and a few electrical glitches."

"I would only buy a diesel VW. They are very special. The gas version is nothing special. The diesel gets an honest 45-47 no matter how or where I drive it. The really important thing about longevity with these cars is make sure the timing belt is replaced about every 80,000 miles. Other than a few electronic glitches - door lock and a bad wire to the glow plugs, this car has done admirably well in 13 years. Interior is still solid. No rust or weird problems with the body. Very good car! I use Rotella T-6 synthetic oil and change both oil and filter every 10,000 miles. I drive over 4 3000 feet mountain passes a few times a month. This car does not have to shift out of 5th gear and can cruise easily up and down the passes at 70 mph. Not much room in the back, but the front is very roomy. Cup holders are stupid - that's my biggest complaint. I paid 1/4 the price of a new Prius and get almost equal the same mpg without the complexity."

I would buy 50 more~

By on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"I have a 2001 VW Bettel GLS 2.0 5spd. I bought this car for $7500 with 111k on it. I am dribving it still, and I have 212K on it. This ha been by far the best car i have owned in my life! I LOVE the style of this car. I have a bigger guy for a husband, 6'2'' 300lbs, and he is very pleased with how comfortable this car is to travel in. I would buy 50 more of these. The heated seats are awesome, I detail my car thouroughly about 3-4 times a year and I shampoo my seats by hand. They get real wet, let them dry out good and the heat never fails yet. My thermometer reads 0--- ever since about 200k, only problem. I have done regular maintenance, changed the oil about every 4k up to 175K, then every 3500 up until 200K and now every 3k. I use synthetic high mileage oil. I have replaced a water pump, and will be due to replace a coil pack (which i also replaced in a 2.0 vw jetta, symptoms: sputtering when wet, very easy relapcement) Also, after about 185K both the motors on the windows broke. $60 bucks and kind of a pain in the but to tear it all apart and relace those. Other than that. these are the only things I have replaced on the car in over 100k of owning it. This car has been in 22 of our united states... and will see more! Next car just might be another beetle! This is the most reliable car I think I may ever own. Having the 5spd is truely a blast. It has a little zip to it for just being a 2.0!!! Paint has held up GREAT, chips from following too close.. other then that not a spec of rust on her. Like I said and will say a million times... car is PHENOMENAL... Love it love it love it."

Great car, BUT THE ENGINE LIGHT WON'T TURN OFF!!!!

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive with the top down!!!!!!"

Cons: "ENGINE LIGHT WON'T TURN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm the 4th owner od this car and I love it. I just had to replace tires on it when I purchased it. It's a convertible so the back window needed to be waterproofed, but has never leaked. I only have 62,000 miles and it runs great. The only thing I've had to do in the three years I've owned it is a new battery and oil changes. The only negative aspect of my car is the ENGINE AND AIR BAG LIGHTS STAY ON ALL THE TIME!!!! I've had them checked and reset 4 times and the mechanic can't find anythin wrong. I've read other reviews with the same complaint."

Wonderful except...

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun Ride!"

Cons: "At a certain age, starting to fall apart."

"I've had this car since 2007, with 5700 miles - so there was a previous owner. Until last year it was the perfect ride. No issues whatsoever, except for one within 3 months of purchase which can only be accounted to previous owner negligence, had needed only your basic routine maintenance. Was in an accident 02/2006, and since have been going downhill since. Not really sure they are still related to the accident. The tail lights and break lights have been replaced since then every month, and other little things. The worst part is that there items can not be changed by the customer, they have to be done by a trained professional and most shops do not like to work on VW's, too much trouble. All of these little repairs have averaged $300 per visit, my cost after warranty covered work, but these have happened every 3 months. 6 visits x $300 = $1800 ;-("

2002 VW Beetle 1.8 Turbo

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Cute Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Minor issues"

"I just got this car in February and have been to the shop 2 or 3 times. Most we're very minor issues but one happened to be that my AC went out right as the Texas summer began.....$450 later my AC is working great. (which is expected with an older car) Awesome car, I plan on have multiple bugs in the future!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen New Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals