2010 Volkswagen New Beetle

6.9

Based on 1130 Ratings for the 1998 - 2010 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Wonderful except...

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun Ride!"

Cons: "At a certain age, starting to fall apart."

"I've had this car since 2007, with 5700 miles - so there was a previous owner. Until last year it was the perfect ride. No issues whatsoever, except for one within 3 months of purchase which can only be accounted to previous owner negligence, had needed only your basic routine maintenance. Was in an accident 02/2006, and since have been going downhill since. Not really sure they are still related to the accident. The tail lights and break lights have been replaced since then every month, and other little things. The worst part is that there items can not be changed by the customer, they have to be done by a trained professional and most shops do not like to work on VW's, too much trouble. All of these little repairs have averaged $300 per visit, my cost after warranty covered work, but these have happened every 3 months. 6 visits x $300 = $1800 ;-("

2002 VW Beetle 1.8 Turbo

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Cute Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Minor issues"

"I just got this car in February and have been to the shop 2 or 3 times. Most we're very minor issues but one happened to be that my AC went out right as the Texas summer began.....$450 later my AC is working great. (which is expected with an older car) Awesome car, I plan on have multiple bugs in the future!"

Couldn't Wait to Get Rid of it

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reason: Constantly Breaking

Pros: "Interior, Comfort"

Cons: "Constant Mechanical Issues."

"The only thing I enjoyed about this vehicle was that it was 'Turbo' and the interior. Otherwise, this was the worst car ever. I owned it for 11 months and I was so fed up I had to sell it. I had 16 "Check Engine" lights for 9 different problems. I was constantly replacing sensors, fixing tubes or taking it to the mechanic. The inside was cheaply made, as everything broke easily or wore out. And mind you- it was one of the higher-end models. I enjoyed the leather- but it was after-market, since the sunroof leaked. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone- unless you enjoy fixing things and wasting your money."

Great value, superb quality, outstanding service

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Outstanding quality and a blast to drive"

Cons: "expensive maintenance and less than stellar mpg"

"Unreal customer service and reliability. People love this car wherever we go. The top is easy to operate. The heated seats are great but slightly uncomfortable for someone tall. The backseat is only for very short trips or very short people. The performance is outstanding with great acceleration and braking, but the fuel milage is not what it could be for a car this size. Oil changes are recommended only every 10k miles, but they are $100 a pop. It is surprisingly protective in an accident as my wife was rear ended by a full size truck that was pushed into her by a speeding minivan. The VW came out much better than the truck or minivan and no one in the VW was injured. The VW was repairable while the truck had major damage and the minivan was totaled. This is my wife's car and she would not give it up. She plans to have it for many more years."

Lot's of Fun to Drive :)

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Cute, fun, and good on gas"

Cons: "Small trunk"

"Have owned my 2007 model of this car for two years. Although I think it should get more than 27 MPG, it drives great and has a feel more fitting a larger wheel base. Very smooth ride, stereo system is awesome and my only wish would be for a bigger trunk!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen New Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals