2008 Volkswagen New Beetle

6.9

Based on 1089 Ratings for the 1998 - 2010 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.2/10
    7.6/10

Money Pit

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Tiptronic is fun, good seats"

Cons: "unreliable, expensive to maintain, loud interior,"

"This could be the cutest car ever made, but that is one of the few redeeming values. The electrical system burned up while driving on the highway. It has never had a service at VW for less than $176 dollars. It is nearly impossible to work on at home, and I am fairly handy. The bearings went bad at 95k miles. We have replaced almost every light in the car and you can't buy aftermarket lights because the car operates on a 12v system (very european)."

I have always wanted a VW Beetle!

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "Most fun car I have ever had!"

Cons: "The interior picks up road noise."

"As far as personal reaction to the VW Beetle and to this particular vehicle, I love this little car. It is a fun city car to drive, easy to maneuver in traffic, the automatic transmission doesn't wear you out in stop & go traffic, the reduced pick up isn't an issue in town, the color red and the sun roof are lots of fun! For real car buffs, this isn't the car for you. There is road noise, road bumps, not enough engine power, not enough vehicle weight for you, the car probably won't last as long as a BMW or a Lexus (but you aren't paying for one either), it's difficult to get in and out of the back seat, to carry much luggage or groceries. Beetle drivers tend to tootle around town so don't get behind us, we sing loud and stop for flowers to put in our vase!"

this care is a money pit

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Cons: "very expensive to repair"

"most expensive car to keep running i have ever owned"

Bought new...Worst car I've every owned.

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great"

Cons: "Stays in the shop more than on the road. Beware!!"

"Bought new. Transmission problems, 4 alternators, coolant leaks, rear windows stopped working, timing belt, pistons, valves, etc... Never, ever, ever buy Volkswagen!!!"

Best Vehicle/Many Uses

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"This car is a tiger in a box. I've had it for over six years and it has 43,000 miles. I use it for a multitude of jobs including carrying tools, lumber and furniture. The back hatchback lifts up and the front drivers seat goes forward and I place eight foot pieces of lumber etc. in the car. People are shocked by the headroom and carrying space. It handles the road very well. In fact I don't like the new models because they are not as versatile as this 08. The ONLY thing I don't like is that when "old man winter" comes, and the snow plow, causes the ridge in the road; the snow hits the bottom of the car. My original beetle in 65, was higher off the road, and I never had a problem. With few repairs, I can't speak to the person, who had many repairs. I only know that owners should get an authorized VW repair person or one that specializes in foreign cars to work on the VW. I found that sometimes people used to working on American cars, will keep replacing VW parts, before they find the correct solution. THIS IS A GREAT CAR."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen New Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals