2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,146 - $22,236.

10/7.1

8.4

Based on 296 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Had this car two weeks today

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, interior, sleek exterior"

Cons: "Slow response on throttle"

"I bought my jetta to replace my 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4dr. I needed something safe and better on gas. I am pleased with the gas mileage. I used to get 400 miles on my 22 gallon jeep. Now I get around 415miles on my 14 gallon VW! So much better. I am averaging around 30 MPG city, on the interstate I was pushing 45 MPG. I got the SE edition (Black w/ tan leather) with bluetooth, Sirius Radio, heated seats and ipod hook up in the glove box. I am pleased with my purchase and got the special VW financing 1.6% interest. I would recommend this to anyone in the market. The only complaint I have is it has a little slow response time on the gas. Im not a speed demon so it doesn't bother me. But it looks so nice on the inside and even better on the outside. It reminds me of the Lexus models. The blinkers on the side mirrors are a nice luxury feature. Also, I bought the extended warranty 6yr/60,000 miles."

Awesome Car (TDI version)

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, Comfort, Convenience"

"This is a great car. I find myself not wanting to get out of it. The MPG blows everything away. There is no mileage loss compared to a Hybrid and you have the power of a traditional car. There is no noise factor. The engine has a slightly different pitch compared to a traditional car but the noise level is the same or less. It is plenty roomy but I haven't spent much time in the back seats. My only gripe but I figured out how to get past it, is the diesel delay,but rather than gunning the engine be slow and methodical and the engine responds like any car. It is a great car."

The Sportwagon is an awesome car

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Fuel mileage"

Cons: "Not enough seats for the family with 4 kids now."

"I own this car and love all the features of the vehicle. The fuel mileage of the vehicle is awesome and has gotten better with more miles put on the car. My wife drives it daily on a round trip of 150 miles to and from work. We only fill the car up once a week with the miles we put on it everyday the sunroof huge and very nice to drive with it open. The car gets better fuel mileage with the A/C on than it does with the windows down as we live in Florida."

Best Car I have EVER owned.

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Unbelievable performance per gallon factor. Fun."

Cons: "I can't justify owning two of them. ;)"

"The TDI is outstanding and VW's feel as solid as a single piece of industrial grade granite. I will never sell this car. Absolutely a joy, not a single problem in 22K miles."

Quite possibly the best car I have owned

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Great car, across the board"

Cons: "Marginal dealer service, cheap original tires"

"I waited three years for VW to get the TDI worked out. It was worth the wait. My Jetta TDI Sportwagen does everything right. Quite surprisingly fast and sporty to drive, and for such a small car it handles bad weather and wind very well. I average about 38 mpg combined, and often get 45-50 on highway runs. Very comfortable, great sound system, lots of hidden storage. I love the 6 speed manual. Drove the automatic and I didn't care for the way it works. I had an early diesel Rabbit and while that was a truly great car, these new diesels are infinitely more civilized. If only the VW dealer in our area was more accommodating, that would help a lot. I have had to wait 3 hours for an oil change with an appointment. Also, I look forward to putting on a really good set of Michelins. The tires that came with it are abominable."