2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,273 - $16,046.

10/7.1

Based on 238 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next

Exceptional Value

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Value for money, MPG"

Cons: "Not sexiest looks, but it is a wagon -"

"Comfortable, sporty handler with terrific fuel MPG (40 ) consistently. Ample room (same as my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee) so easy to haul kids, dogs, bikes, etc."

Great fun car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Cost of driving is low, great pep and fun to drive"

Cons: "No real leather or power seat option"

"I drive over 5000 miles per month and have not had any problems. The fuel cost is still less than 10 cents per mile even though diesel is much higher than gasoline. The car handles great and is fun to drive in all road and weather conditions. I tried hybreds but did not like the handling and performance. This car has super pep considering it has a 2 liter four, it certainly performs as well as my 6-cylinder Lexus"

Great Car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"I've had my 2011 Jetta TDi for just over a year now, and I can't say anything bad about it. For the price it's a very solid, well-equipped car. The diesel engine really does get great gas mileage. I've taken the car on several long drives (4 hours) and found it to be fairly comfortable. The iPod adapter is great!"

excellant value

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "vaule, german build quality"

Cons: "road noise"

"I buy a new car every other year and drive about 30k miles per year for work, this had been the best value for the money i have spent in the last 12 years. Great mileage great syle/looks and decent power compared to the hybrid cars in its size class. the other big plus is when this car reaches the end of its life there will not be a pile of heavy metal laden batteries rotting in the trunk that will need to be "recycled". Why hasnt America got into the small diesel market like europe. 40 mpg is normal. The only downside is the road and wind noise but its still not as load as other cars in its class (Focus, Prius, Hyundai) and it looks a lot nicer as well."

My Second TDI-Love it!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "German design and engineering."

Cons: "Not enough storage compartments."

"This is my second VW TDI. My first was a 2003 Jetta Sedan which was a good car. I just took delivery of the 2012 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. It drives better than most Korean or Japanese imports in the same price range that I test drove prior to getting another VW. The TDI engine will last forever. I know, I had one."

better value than my BMW!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, technology package"

"I had a 3 series for several years and loved the way it drove but got tired of the super expensive maintenance. I test drove the Jetta SEL and loved it! It had every feature I wanted and saved me $15,000 compared to buying a new BMW. It has been great for the last year, and keeps up the standards of German performance. The technology package is also very cool, love the navigation system, keyless entry, and that it was iPod ready!"

great features at a great price

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "great price, super safe, awesome features"

Cons: "slightly more responsive acceleration needed"

"I love my jetta. More importantly, it just saved my life. I was involved in a car accident in which I was T-boned on the driver's side. If I were driving my old car, I would be in the hospital, if not worse. I am still waiting to see if it is totaled out, but I will buy another jetta if it is. I love the car, and all of the current gadgets and features, ( I have the sel with nav.) I know it is just a car, but I feel a weird connection; it just fits me. Plus, it is apparently really safe!"

Lousy Radio But Great everything else.

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Great economy."

Cons: "Lousy radio"

"This car is the most amazing car.. Everything works wonderful except for the Fender Radio. I keep losing the antenna... Other than that.. Its a great car.. I get upwards of 52 MPG!!! I drive 50 miles one way and its been a great cost savings."

TDI is a great car

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Getting 50 MPG on the highway."

Cons: "Arm rest is about worthless!"

"Very impress with the power of this car. I have a 2005 TDI and this car has 40 more HP! Yet the milage is even better than the 2005 TDI! Some say the ride is not as good in the 2011 as the 2005. I do not see/feel any difference. I have the NAV and all the bells and whistles, except for the DSG, as mine is a manual. The only things I do not enjoy is the arm rest in the 2011! The roof line is lower and it is a little harder to get into than my 05. Yet the ride appears to be softer than the 05, which I like. I have VW diesels since 1980 and drove them all over 200,000 miles before some one else got it. I gave up my 81 VW Rabbit (it had only 54 HP and averaged 42MPG) for the 2011 Jetta, it lasted me 30 years and I think that this 2011 should last me 40!"

GREAT CAR FOR CHEAP PRICE

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "GOOD PRICE WITH GREAT QUALITY"

Cons: "NOT COMFORTABLE SEATS"

"GREAT CAR.NO PROBLEMS AT ALL-BUT SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE.THEY ARE VERY VERY BAD.OTHERWISE PERFECT"

German cars are the best

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "TDI engine is the best"

Cons: "Interior is not bad but could be better"

"I had Passat, Jetta, Tiguan but Jetta sportswagon TDI is the best of all. Its fun, great fuel economy and looks awesome."

Electrical computer errors ruins great car

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, fun, great mileage"

Cons: "Repeated computer electrical problems"

"I wanted to love my Jetta, I really did. I thought it was an amazing deal for the money, and it's a blast to drive. Unfortunately I've had one computer and/or electrical problem on my particular car after another, and will be selling this. Engine light comes on randomly, cruise control stopped working, MP3 support was never turned on at factory before delivery, and now I have to attempt to start the car 3-8 times before it even tries to turn over. This may be a great car and I have the one problem child, but I"m over it."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, nice looking, interior is nice"

Cons: "Interior seems a little cheap for the roof"

"Great car. Love it!"

2012 Jetta SE

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, clean interior design, handling"

Cons: "No HD radio, center armrest"

"I recently purchased a 2012 Jetta SE with Conveience package. Black exterior with corn silk interior. The convince package adds all the neccesites like bluetooth, leatherette seats (same as the 328i or MB C300), and 16 inch alloy wheels. The car looks sharp, with definite styling cues from the Audi line. I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla for the last 8 years - so...I'm not sure what all the 'auto magazine' complaints are about when it comes to the interior. For the price point, the interior is very well done, and I prefer the simpler European styling to the overly angular and almost cartoon interiors of some of the Japanese or Korean cars, even some new Fords for that matter. The biggest complaint most reviews have is about the lack of 'soft touch' dashboard and doors. I don't know about you, but I don't regularly caress my dash, so I really don't see the concern. The 2.5 L engine provides more than ample power for a small car and has a nice tone. Six speed auto quickly and smoothly shifts thru the 6 gears. Too soon to review the reliability, but I did buy an extended warranty to 60k to cover myself, on our firs foray into German automobiles. Bottom line - good car at a price that is competitive with Corolla or Civic. Check it out."

Jetta City gas Mileage not what they advertise

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cons: "Gas mileage is poor in constant street traffic"

"This is a good car overall but beware of what they tell you it gets "in the city" for gas mileage. We live in the west Houston suburbs and when driving in street traffic with the AC on (which you always need in Houston) the gas mileage is horrible for such a small car."

Plastic!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "600 miles per 14 gal. tank of fuel"

Cons: "Cheap interior"

"First time VW owner and very disapointed on this cars cheap plastic dash board, heating and air control knobs. The leatherette seating surfaces tend to make the backs of your legs sweat. If you plan on driving a great distance, bring a change of pants as your legs and butt will be damp as the seats do not offer up any ventilation."

Too many issues with 2011 Jetta TDI

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "TDI is fun to drive and gets great MPG"

Cons: "Cheap interior and too many issues"

Jetta TDI in White Gold

"I am not very impressed with my first "German" vehicle after the purchase. So far I've had the following issues: from pillar covers not installed properly and replaced, head liner delaminated near rear glass and was replaced, sunroof mechanism rattle and was replaced, injector #2 replaced (recall), exhaust tips replaced (recall), AC button sticking and was replaced, chirping sound from wiper relay considered normal. All this in first 6 months of ownership. Verdict: never purchase first year model redesign or a automobile assembled in Mexico."

Jetta TDI in White Gold

I love my Jetta

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "very sporty, it's german you know it's quality"

Cons: "only con I have is the connector for my iphone"

"this is the nicest small car I've had. I love the navigation, bluetooth, and audio system. and it's very comfy for my hour ride to work everyday."

Lost German dynamics in its American conversion

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "VW phylosophy in the way they desing and build car"

Cons: "Would like it to handle like my old Jetta"

"Does not handle road as well as our previous Jetta, but still superior to Toyota or Honda and definitely better than Nissan."

German Engineering on an American Budget

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive styling, mature, great mileage"

Cons: "Odd transmission, push button start?"

"The newly redesigned base Jetta has the Volkswagen community in an uproar. Whether it is a critique of the nonchalant exterior styling or the less than adequate performance numbers, the negative feedback was clear- and Volkswagen listened. Back from hiatus, the 2012 Jetta GLI outperforms almost every car in its class (with the exception of it's 5-door sister, the GTI.) From the ground up, the new GLI strikes an aggressive chord in almost every category. The styling alone begs the driver to let loose on the throttle and have some fun because "fun" is what this car does exceptionally well. Strap on the Autobahn package and a spoiler lip and you will notice the crowd-pleasing glances on the road. The interior quality is unmistakably sporty but refined enough to blend in. Red stitching throughout gives the interior a distinct edge. Materials have a genuine feel and are soft to the touch. Ergonomics and overall interior design is intuitive and easy to navigate, but without question, the sports steering wheel is what will win your vote over everything else. It just feels right...sooo right. The car offers a strong, solid ride with noticeably little wind noise on the highway. The independent rear suspension really does allow the car to hug corners. Others might disagree with me, but I can't remember ever liking the sound of a 4-cylinder engine more. The exhaust note on the 200hp TSI engine gives me goose-bumps (and that's coming from a guy in love with throaty V-8 engines.) The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, but is snappy and responsive when you need it to be. If there is a negative quality about this car, it would be the drivetrain. Not because it isn't good, but because it does require some mental tuning at first. Test drive one- you'll understand. Volkswagen got this one right. Hopefully, the 2012 GLI quiets some of the negative chatter about this generation of Jetta. It's the kind of car that turns heads when you want it to but doesn't scream for attention everywhere it goes. Sipping gas while surging at stop lights is a wonderful combination. If you're looking for a car that will get you where you need to go in a fun but mature way, the 2012 GLI is right up your ally."

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Economy, fun to drive, comfort, amenities, price."

Cons: "Stock tires."

"The only complaint I have about this car is the tires. With the torq of the diesel engine the factory tires just do not grip well enough. I am sure they are fine for the gas engine. I will be replacing the tire as soon as I can afford it."

I love my wagon!!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Interior lay out, clean exterior style, fuel econo"

Cons: "no push to start :( hard seats"

"This car suits my needs that is the main reason I got it. I have a kayak, mtn bikes, and a dog. It has ample cargo space for all of my outdoor fun activities and the premium pkg definitely steps it up so that it looks just as good in the city as it does in the state park parking lot. My only complaint is that a vehicle in this price range didn't come with a dual climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, and push to start. That option was added for the 2012, guess i'm a bit jealous.... all and all I love my car. The seats could be a bit more comfy but overall it is a great driving experience. precise crisp steering... ample power with 236 lbs of torque. I get great fuel economy and i have never felt that the 140 hp engine is underpowered for the size of the car. The brakes are amazing also... my room mate says its like braking on a cloud... not sure what that means but I'm sure its a good thing."

Great quality car for the price

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "I love my car"

"Owned it for almost a year and have not had any issues."

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Near Prius MPG with Cool Dad driving appeal"

Cons: "DSG transmission takes some getting used to"

"So to start I've driven trucks more often than anything else but recently moved to a much more urban area and couldn't see myself commuting or even parking my 4 door Tundra in this mess. We had been using my wife's 2003 Corolla as the family car when gas mileage was an issue. I had been eyeing the TDI Sportwagen for about 6 months. I wanted maximum cargo space, performance and over 30 MPG. I test drove the Outback thinking I needed AWD because I was replacing a truck. The 4 cycl maxed out at something like 32 MPG (when you're nursing it) and I wasn't impressed with the power. The next day I test drove my TDI Sportwagen. HOLY SMOKES! The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, especially at low RPMs, but when you put your foot in the pedal it does exactly what you want. Doesn't matter what speed you're at either. I recently drove to Texas with my wife and 2 kids, all of our luggage, plus a full size cooler in the back. We even picked stuff up on the way without any issues or luggage racks. I was averaging 39 MPG while doing 9 MPH or more over the speed limit at all times. I nursed it the first 550 miles and got 46mpg but I got tired of being in the slow lane. When I wanted to pass a truck while doing 80, I blew past them with no problem. I had to watch myself a little bit because you can hit 100mph in no time. (I know I'm a horrible person, blah blah) The steering is very responsive, the 4 wheel disc brakes stop on a dime, the diesel engine is quiet and purrs only slightly louder than a gasoline engine. Not like the old school diesels. The Panoramic sunroof was a huge selling point for me. My kids can look at the sky while I'm driving and see things they never could before. It's gianormous. I've never run into an issue where I needed to haul something too large for the cargo space, and I've hauled vanity's, toilets, 7 ft long boards, IKEA boxes, you name it. I'd say the only thing I'm not ecstatic about is a slight buzzing noise coming from the center console that is going to get looked at by the dealer at my 10k checkup. Did I mention that maintenance intervals are 10k miles and are free for the first 30k?"

Poor launch

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mpg"

Cons: "Quality and reliability not there-launched poorly"

"Have had engine trouble for about 1 month now. Vehicle is only 3 months old. EPC light and engine light have come on repeatedly and dealer is stumped on what is going on with it. Considering pursuing the lemon clause to purchase a TDI or other make altogether"

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next