2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,121 - $15,952.

10/7.1

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great gas milage on TDI.

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Cheap transportation"

Cons: "Bad rear suspension"

"Car drives and handles well, slightly under powered. Get anywhere from 37 up to on best days 63.3 mpg! I have the 6 speed and it has a lower final gear then the automatic. I am 6.3" and it is a little hard to get in and out but once seated I am comfortable. However rear suspension in particular is to soft and low. Had it in several times to dealer and they say the cars specs are good. I now have to install bilstein after market shocks to solve this problem at my own cost. They lent me a sedan during service and it does not have this problem. Think they would make the wagon more heavy duty but they did the opposite!"

Perfect choice for young, first-time owner/driver.

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I gave my 16 YO son a budget for his first vehicle and he narrowed his choices down to the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and the VW Jetta and some fleeting interest for "the Cube". 500 miles later in a VW Jetta, I am proud to report he had made the best decision... For the "base" model, the car came with lots of features like auto windows, mirrors, CD stereos, keyless entry..etc. What I liked most was front, side and curtain airbags and re-enforced doors. It is a little weak on horse power but that is exactly what he does not need. The manual shift is smooth making learning to drive a stick-shift a little easier. Oh and the 3 year no maintenance cost and 5 year power train warranties didn't hurt either. Absolutely the best, smartest choice for a sensible kid and safety concious dad."

One of the best cars I've ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive and very affordable"

Cons: "lack of power seats"

"I typically buy a new car every 2 years or so and have owned Toyotas, Hondas and Subarus. This is my first Volkswagen and am totally impressed with my gas mileage, styling, sportiness and comfort. The only downside is the lack of power seats. Other than that, I have been totally satisfied."

Jetta owner for life

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Quality, style, loads of options for less money"

Cons: "Hood no longer stays up by itself"

"After buying my first Jetta 8 years ago, I cannot imagine ever owning another vehicle. They are amazing. The quality cannot be beat, and I love that they are stylish as well. My first was a 2002 Jetta GLS and my new one is now a 2012 Jetta SE w/ convenience and sunroof. I have read the reviews by so called "professionals" and I do not get what they are talking about when it comes to the 6th generation Jetta. Yes, my 4th generation Jetta has a squishy dashboard, but really, who cares? I know of no one that actually rubs their dashboard while driving. And it's not as if the quality of the knobs and other gadgets have suffered; nothing is cheaply made, believe me. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and the car handles great. Professional reviewers tend to review as if the car is meant for a race track, when in actuality what we need is something for every day driving. This car has great pick-up and is so much fun to drive! I actually look forward to my half hour commute to work now. And I'm in love with the look of the car as well. I don't know why some people say this new version is plain; personally, I think they just don't photograph well. The front spoiler is the coolest thing ever. I literally drooled over the first 6th generation Jetta I ever saw. So happy that I finally have one. I will drive this one for at least a decade, then when I finally get my next car, I know it will be another Jetta!"

Great car for the $$$$$ , but.

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Mechanically sound,nice ride,great value for the $"

Cons: "very poor paint quality, high maintenance cost."

"I bought new and have 75000 miles now. Not one mechanical problem yet.Runs great,rides nice and is a very solid car overall.The only negative I have is VW's paint quality.This car is black and was riddled with chips in 6 months,VW would not do anything to correct the issue.I have noticed the same on other VW Jetta.I live in Chicago so I dont travel down gravel roads,Unfortunatly this is a big deal to me so I probably would not purchase another new VW. Maintenance cost are also pretty high."