2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,013 - $15,901.

10/7.1

8.4

Based on 299 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Amazing car

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Price, engine, sound system, looks, interior"

Cons: "Slightly dull and cheap interior, limited number"

"Now, I do not currently own this vehicle but I will soon. I am looking at a fast, fun, 4 door sedan that looks good and is relatively inexpensive, and this Gil is just that. I drove two models, one with the manual and one with VW's amazing dsg. The manual is brilliant to drive with a natural feeling clutch And an easy to move shifter. My only gripe is that the linkage feels somewhat too forced and not mechanical enough. Overall, my choice is the dsg with its fast shift times and it's somewhat better mpg. The engine is as smooth as I have ever driven and the car drives brilliantly over any surface, and with 207 turbocharged lb-ft of torque, it moves with authority in and out of traffic. Overall, this is a superbly balanced car that can do anything that the heart desires and then some."

Great on gas

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Only problem i have is the car in not wide enough for a car seat and two passengers in back. I should have waited the TDI Passat I often have rear passengers"

Power of a V6 gas engine, economy of a Prius.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Power, fuel economy, no glow plug wait, 6 spd tran"

"I traded a 2004 TDI 5spd for this 2011 TDI 6spd. Fuel economy decreased about 5 mpg with the new car but with worthwhile improvements (increased power, sportier handling). The 6spd at 2000 rpm is 72 mph in the 2011 car vs 60 mph in the 2004 TDI 5spd. Love the navigation, full skylight panel, stereo, and sporty feel. With 38,000 miles so far the car has had zero problems. I can get 52 mpg at 58 mph (AC off) in the summer or 45 mpg at 72 mph (AC off) for highway driving. Winter cold weather with winterized Diesel (gas station mixes #2 and #1 diesel to lower wax point) results in a 6 mpg decrease in fuel economy. There is no waiting for glow plug warmup, the car starts immediately like a gas engine (huge improvement over previous diesels). Love it, so glad I upgraded."

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good Looking, stock speakers rock."

Cons: "hard to work on, cheap interior."

"I owned a 2008 Cobalt and I am disappointed I did not look into Jettas sooner. I am very impressed with the handling. I would of liked to see more quality on the inside of the car. I have switches going into my dashboard area and my accessory plug in the back is broke. Great looking car its got sport but it also has luxury. I can't say I haven't got looks while driving it around town. The seats are so comfortable you can sleep in them. I lay back the seats and I am out in 5 minutes. It has not broke down on me yet (knocking on some wood right now). The only thing I am afraid about is the cost of repairs because of the fact not even walmart sells the air filter or windshield wipers for it."

Unexplainable repairs always needed

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system"

Cons: "Endless ridiculous repairs"

"I bought a 2011 VW Jetta SE sedan in November 2012. It had roughly 12,000 miles. Within weeks, service lights went off periodically. The tire light went off, the check engine/get service lights went off. The horn stopped working and needed to be replaced. Then, the driver's side door handle simply failed to work. The door would not open. When I finally opened it, the door would not latch closed again. In addition, when it hit any temperature below 32 degrees F, the doors would freeze shut (no precipitation necessary). I would eventually get a rear door open and have to crawl through the vehicle to get into the driver's seat. Then, my radio mysteriously stopped working. I had to take this car to the dealer a number of times to fix ridiculous problems like this. It has been a continuous disappointment. This car is HORRENDOUS in the snow. The worst ever. Outside of those issues, it has Bluetooth, heated seats, good pickup, and a good sound system. The controls to the music and phone are on the wheel, which makes for safe, hands-free driving. The car has good leg room in the front and good back support. Unfortunately, the random repairs far outweigh the benefits of my nearly-new VW Jetta. I am looking to trade it in ASAP."