2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,036 - $15,840.

10/7.1

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I love this car!!

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive great gas mileage!"

Cons: "Not a truck!"

"I drive this car everywhere, have for almost 2 years, never had one problem with it. Very fun to drive the manual. Will not trade for a long time to come!"

Exceptional mileage, comfort, looks!!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, comfort & power"

"We have a 2011 Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG transmission and couldn't be more pleased with the car. We have a 2nd home in FLorida and wanted a vehicle that offers a fair amount of luggage space for our trip down. Drop the back seats and you have more room than most SUV's. Tried other vehicles but never found one with seats my wife was comfortable with. The VW offers passenger side lumbar support as well as adjustments for up and down, most comfortable seats we have found in a vehicle in this price range. We average 42-45 mpg on the highway and 35 around town, can go over 600 miles on highway between fillups. The diesel engine is a bit noisey at startup, but once on the road you cannot detect any noise. The diesel has wonderful power, it never down shifts when you hit even the steepest hills, just pulls up effortlessly. Highly recommend this vehicle."

Awesome to drive very comfortable

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "great off the line great in stop and go traffic"

Cons: "to much cabin noise"

"My last two cars were Civic's and I thought they were great until I purchased this car. I am very happy with this investment. I look for reasons to take long drives. I would rather have this car than a Silver Cloud."

Great fuel economy with a comfortable ride.

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel economy. Good comfort and ride."

Cons: "Small switches and controls."

"I purchased the car in February and I have just under 10K miles on it. It is a Jetta Diesel TDi with the 6 speed manual transmission. Overall, the car is very competent. It rides and handles very well and the seats are comfortable. The engine develops plenty of power and is quiet and smooth. The seats can use just a touch more lumbar support for longer trips. The measured-at-the-pump fuel economy runs between 42 (the first tank) to 48 MPG. It continues to improve as the car beaks in. Most of my driving is on mountainous backcountry roads. Highway mileage looks like it will be better than 50 MPG if you stay near the speed limit. The computer overestimates the fuel economy by about 5%, which is the difference between straight diesel and diesel with methanol in it. The car had a manufacturing defect (the fuel lines were installed backward) that kept it in the shop for a month. VW did make a car payment for me and also helped with some other expenses. Other minor complaints are the fuse panel cover buzzes and the plastic covers in the trunk tend to fall out. The switches and controls are clearly designed for someone with small fingers; I am not a big person and I have trouble using the switches when driving. There is a space in the back of the driver’s door map pocket that is big enough for your wallet to side into and get stuck. I put some foam in the space to keep this from happening again!!! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for great fuel economy. The car rides and handles better than my sisters Prius and it gets better fuel economy."

awesome and fun

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

"I got this car mostly for the mileage. It says 42 highway but I got my average up to 48. I enjoy the handeling, theaudio and just about everything else"