2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,696 - $16,300.

10/7.1

Based on 216 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Luxury reliability and great fuel efficiency for $

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Cool and great fuel $"

Cons: "Acceleration but it is a diesel..oxymoron"

"Luxury, reliability and phenomenal fuel efficiency w TDI model. Seats are very lumbar supportive and the heated seats to die for."

Power of a V6 gas engine, economy of a Prius.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Power, fuel economy, no glow plug wait, 6 spd tran"

"I traded a 2004 TDI 5spd for this 2011 TDI 6spd. Fuel economy decreased about 5 mpg with the new car but with worthwhile improvements (increased power, sportier handling). The 6spd at 2000 rpm is 72 mph in the 2011 car vs 60 mph in the 2004 TDI 5spd. Love the navigation, full skylight panel, stereo, and sporty feel. With 38,000 miles so far the car has had zero problems. I can get 52 mpg at 58 mph (AC off) in the summer or 45 mpg at 72 mph (AC off) for highway driving. Winter cold weather with winterized Diesel (gas station mixes #2 and #1 diesel to lower wax point) results in a 6 mpg decrease in fuel economy. There is no waiting for glow plug warmup, the car starts immediately like a gas engine (huge improvement over previous diesels). Love it, so glad I upgraded."

Very reliable

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"This vehicle is very reliable and great quality. Driving this car feels comfortable and it has a pretty descent mileage. The only con I can say is that it loses its value pretty fast for such good car."

excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mileage, 0 problems"

Cons: "too much road noise, difficult heat knobs"

"I have owned two Mercedes. This VW is more reliable, far better fuel economy, at about half the price. It is not as quite and the ride is a little worse than Mercedes, but I can find no good reason to go back to Mercedes."

Hate this car

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "if u like spending your time at the dealer this is"

Cons: "never knowing if ur car is going to get u there"

"car has been in shop so frequently my co-workers thought the dealers loaner car was mine. more than 10 times for misc repairs some that are incomplete due to dealer being unable to duplicate issues When I am rid of this I will never have another vw"

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Everything about the car is fantastic"

"I purchased a new 2013 Jetta TDI. I drove it home, (about 200 miles) and right off the bat the vehicle was getting about 42 MPG. The car has performed flawless and has had no problems what-so-ever. I have noticed my MPG has gone up to 45 MPG with just over 3000 miles on it. Being an "Old School" kind of guy, I returned the Jetta for an Oil change at just over 1000 miles. VW requests that the oil be changed every 10000 miles (FREE FOR THE FIRST 3 CHANGES). These TDI's really hold their value. Not one used available in my local area. It seems people love to keep them in the family. The one thing I've noticed. Use CHEVRON DIESEL. Car runs better and the MPG is a little higher. Chevron Diesel does cost more, but the MPG will make up the difference. I'm VERY HAPPY WITH MY JETTA TDI."

Great TDI, 44+MPG on cruise, great seats, 2nd Jett

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Great 44 MPG, nice seats, love it, plus it looks g"

Cons: "Can't think of anything more needed -it's loaded"

"Great VW Jetta TDI. Fun to drive. Great MPG .. ~40 mpg town and 44+ cruise at 60 MPH. Sound system is super with Sat. radio. Navigation is great, haven't connect the TOM-TOM since we got the car. So good trying to buy another now ..hi. Rick"

Unbelievable Bang for the Buck!

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Turbo Power & Styling"

Cons: "Double Clutch... takes some getting used to"

"I purchased this car for my husband who drives a pretty fair amount. His mom is two hours away and our son in college is nearly seven hours from us. I chose black exterior with cream interior and we couldn't be happier! This car is GORGEOUS! It's rich and expensive looking without the price tag of a Benz or Beemer. And best of all - it's a diesel that boasts over 34 MPG city and consistently gets 52 MPG on the highway! WOW! And that's with a turbo charged 4 cycl engine! It's also well appointed with easy to use options and a well-laid out driver surround. I get car sick sometimes so riding in back with my family is often an option for me. The backseat of the Jetta is quite comfortable. My only issues are the double clutch which takes some getting used to. Also, the Jetta doesn't come with power seats. (One has to upgrade to the Passat to get that feature.) Best car/styling/mileage for $26K on the market! You just can't beat it!"

Sportswagen TDI - Great Car

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Flexible Interior, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Slow initial acceleration"

"Great car to drive with exceptional fuel economy. I picked this car because it is easy to get in and out of - it has flexibility for hauling people or supplies or dogs. Great for every day errands or taking a long trip. Initial acceleration is a bit slow - but once you are used to it - you adapt. Car is quiet and handles great. Interior is simple - yet elegant."

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

Regretted buying by day 3..

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

"I traded in a V6 for the 5 cylinder jetta, figuring I wouldn't lose much power, and would gain gas mileage. I was wrong on both counts. The power isn't even comparable, and I feel like I actually lost gas mileage. Not to mention the inaccuracy of the digital gas gauge, plus the fact that it doesn't have the "miles until empty" feature, very inconvenient. When I initially purchased the car, I was commuting 140 miles a day, and after day three, I realized comfort was not included in the price tag. There is only a single cd player. I do like the way the interior looks, and was always a fan of the body style for my year. I still do like the way my cars looks, but would not purchase again based on what I know of the car now. Apparently they also don't hold their value either : /"

2013 Hybrid Jetta - Very sporty and Great MPG

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with the 1.4 Turbo engine"

Cons: "Takes 91 octane or higher gas"

"My wife and I have now owned 5 VW Jetta's and just traded my 07 Jetta in for a 2013 Hybrid Premium Jetta and my wife drove it for two weeks and did not like the way the brakes worked with the charging of batteries and went back to driving her 2011 Jetta SEL. I have now drove the car for two weeks and I am starting to love everything about it except the braking is taking some time to get use too. I get so many looks and questions about my Jetta because of the HID Lights and because it's a Hybrid made by VW. My first turbo car and even with the 1.4L Turbo engine it is still a quick little car!!!"

A great fun car with outstanding mpg

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Drives like a dream, mpg is super, finish sparkles"

Cons: "larger bucket seats, black interior hot."

"This is s sharp looking car, small enough to get around well and big when you get behind the wheel. Wow, it has got that German engineering touch throughout. "I love this car"."

nearly everything I wanted

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, versitle size, good fuel mileage."

Cons: "Turbo lag,"

"I traded my 2005 Jetta TDI wagon for this 2011 car and even though the 2005 was a good car for my needs this 2011 was a great change. The 2005 got better fuel mileage but the 2011 has more power, more comfort, better handling, and more rear passenger room. I would gladly take a trip in this car with four adults. This diesel really pulls away from traffic lights and in general is great to drive in traffic. Interstate driving is effortless and requires attention to your speed or you will find yourself north of the speed limit. There is some turbo lag that takes some adjustment but is not a real issue."

Poor mans BMW

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "great mpg"

Cons: "none yet"

"love love my new Jetta TDI. I have had 2 BMW's and this drives very similar. Bought the sporty 6 speed manual this time and love it. Can't believe how fast the Diesel motor is and quiet. The gas milage is great have only filled up one time and then only 10 gallons been getting over 40mpg so far."

My 2nd VW still in love

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

"This is my 2nd Vw Jetta and I love it. I have no complaints. MPG 32 City and 43 Highway."

Cons: "expensive to repair"

"I have owned many different Model/make cars prior to my 2001 Jetta that I purchased in 2001 and I still own my Jetta that has 100000 miles and I love very much. Instead of buying a new car, I decided to have my car fully serviced mechanically and detailed because I do not want to part with it. My Jetta is a GLS with everything, except leather seats. The car handles great in snow and is very dependable. Little expensive to fix when there is a repair that is needed, but it is worth it. A great car that holds great value!!"

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"Great size, big car suspension ride, could be better on fuel but hello; it's a 2.0, much bigger and can't compare with 1.8's, 1.6's and absolutely 1.5's. I've been pro American & Japanese, but this Jetta for price and results, I went to German cars."

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

piece of junk, not what a VW used to be

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cons: "over rated by me because no lower ratings"

"picks up so much road noise that on some hwys you can't carry on a conversoation in the front seat. tire pressure monorting system faulty, replaced dash modual, not the mileage we expected, suspension to stiff for older people, paint about the same quality as my granddaughter's finger painting, two recall letters,over priced, does not hold value and that is from the dealer.... don't make the same mistake we made."

See if you qualify for