2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,008 - $15,819.

10/7.1

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

German cars are the best

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "TDI engine is the best"

Cons: "Interior is not bad but could be better"

"I had Passat, Jetta, Tiguan but Jetta sportswagon TDI is the best of all. Its fun, great fuel economy and looks awesome."

Electrical computer errors ruins great car

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, fun, great mileage"

Cons: "Repeated computer electrical problems"

"I wanted to love my Jetta, I really did. I thought it was an amazing deal for the money, and it's a blast to drive. Unfortunately I've had one computer and/or electrical problem on my particular car after another, and will be selling this. Engine light comes on randomly, cruise control stopped working, MP3 support was never turned on at factory before delivery, and now I have to attempt to start the car 3-8 times before it even tries to turn over. This may be a great car and I have the one problem child, but I"m over it."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, nice looking, interior is nice"

Cons: "Interior seems a little cheap for the roof"

"Great car. Love it!"

2012 Jetta SE

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, clean interior design, handling"

Cons: "No HD radio, center armrest"

"I recently purchased a 2012 Jetta SE with Conveience package. Black exterior with corn silk interior. The convince package adds all the neccesites like bluetooth, leatherette seats (same as the 328i or MB C300), and 16 inch alloy wheels. The car looks sharp, with definite styling cues from the Audi line. I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla for the last 8 years - so...I'm not sure what all the 'auto magazine' complaints are about when it comes to the interior. For the price point, the interior is very well done, and I prefer the simpler European styling to the overly angular and almost cartoon interiors of some of the Japanese or Korean cars, even some new Fords for that matter. The biggest complaint most reviews have is about the lack of 'soft touch' dashboard and doors. I don't know about you, but I don't regularly caress my dash, so I really don't see the concern. The 2.5 L engine provides more than ample power for a small car and has a nice tone. Six speed auto quickly and smoothly shifts thru the 6 gears. Too soon to review the reliability, but I did buy an extended warranty to 60k to cover myself, on our firs foray into German automobiles. Bottom line - good car at a price that is competitive with Corolla or Civic. Check it out."

Jetta City gas Mileage not what they advertise

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cons: "Gas mileage is poor in constant street traffic"

"This is a good car overall but beware of what they tell you it gets "in the city" for gas mileage. We live in the west Houston suburbs and when driving in street traffic with the AC on (which you always need in Houston) the gas mileage is horrible for such a small car."

Plastic!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "600 miles per 14 gal. tank of fuel"

Cons: "Cheap interior"

"First time VW owner and very disapointed on this cars cheap plastic dash board, heating and air control knobs. The leatherette seating surfaces tend to make the backs of your legs sweat. If you plan on driving a great distance, bring a change of pants as your legs and butt will be damp as the seats do not offer up any ventilation."

Too many issues with 2011 Jetta TDI

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "TDI is fun to drive and gets great MPG"

Cons: "Cheap interior and too many issues"

Jetta TDI in White Gold

"I am not very impressed with my first "German" vehicle after the purchase. So far I've had the following issues: from pillar covers not installed properly and replaced, head liner delaminated near rear glass and was replaced, sunroof mechanism rattle and was replaced, injector #2 replaced (recall), exhaust tips replaced (recall), AC button sticking and was replaced, chirping sound from wiper relay considered normal. All this in first 6 months of ownership. Verdict: never purchase first year model redesign or a automobile assembled in Mexico."

Jetta TDI in White Gold

I love my Jetta

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "very sporty, it's german you know it's quality"

Cons: "only con I have is the connector for my iphone"

"this is the nicest small car I've had. I love the navigation, bluetooth, and audio system. and it's very comfy for my hour ride to work everyday."

Lost German dynamics in its American conversion

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "VW phylosophy in the way they desing and build car"

Cons: "Would like it to handle like my old Jetta"

"Does not handle road as well as our previous Jetta, but still superior to Toyota or Honda and definitely better than Nissan."

German Engineering on an American Budget

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive styling, mature, great mileage"

Cons: "Odd transmission, push button start?"

"The newly redesigned base Jetta has the Volkswagen community in an uproar. Whether it is a critique of the nonchalant exterior styling or the less than adequate performance numbers, the negative feedback was clear- and Volkswagen listened. Back from hiatus, the 2012 Jetta GLI outperforms almost every car in its class (with the exception of it's 5-door sister, the GTI.) From the ground up, the new GLI strikes an aggressive chord in almost every category. The styling alone begs the driver to let loose on the throttle and have some fun because "fun" is what this car does exceptionally well. Strap on the Autobahn package and a spoiler lip and you will notice the crowd-pleasing glances on the road. The interior quality is unmistakably sporty but refined enough to blend in. Red stitching throughout gives the interior a distinct edge. Materials have a genuine feel and are soft to the touch. Ergonomics and overall interior design is intuitive and easy to navigate, but without question, the sports steering wheel is what will win your vote over everything else. It just feels right...sooo right. The car offers a strong, solid ride with noticeably little wind noise on the highway. The independent rear suspension really does allow the car to hug corners. Others might disagree with me, but I can't remember ever liking the sound of a 4-cylinder engine more. The exhaust note on the 200hp TSI engine gives me goose-bumps (and that's coming from a guy in love with throaty V-8 engines.) The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, but is snappy and responsive when you need it to be. If there is a negative quality about this car, it would be the drivetrain. Not because it isn't good, but because it does require some mental tuning at first. Test drive one- you'll understand. Volkswagen got this one right. Hopefully, the 2012 GLI quiets some of the negative chatter about this generation of Jetta. It's the kind of car that turns heads when you want it to but doesn't scream for attention everywhere it goes. Sipping gas while surging at stop lights is a wonderful combination. If you're looking for a car that will get you where you need to go in a fun but mature way, the 2012 GLI is right up your ally."