2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,714 - $16,315.

10/7.1

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Perfect mix of sport and luxury

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, classy & sporty"

Cons: "DSG start from stop lags a bit, no HID headlights"

"I was looking far and wide for a mid-sized car that offered premium features at a reasonable price. I knew Jettas existed and I knew GTIs existed... But I didn't know that they had a baby together: the GLI. It has the perfect mix of sport and luxury that really caught my attention. The look is classy and professional with a look of "I can go fast if I want". Also, I've always admired German cars and after now owning this car, there really is something to it. The quality of the build is far and above the competition and you really can tell with the soft-touch interior and the satisfying sound of the door closing (among a long list of other things). I've had the car going on 3 years now and its running just as good as day 1. Unfortunately the 2012 model does not have the enhanced features that I really wanted that are now available in the newer models: HID headlights, LED running lights, electric driver's seat. Also, the DSG automatic transmission acts funny when you give it gas on a slight incline from the stopped position... the response time seems to be slightly delayed. The car handles great, the sport mode is really fun and the gas mileage is pretty decent, especially on highway. I get an average of 27 mpg (22 city, up to 41 highway)... premium gas. The other thing I love about this car is the HUGE trunk space and great rear seat leg room for this "compact" car. I also really like the sound system."

a great all rounder

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "great fuel economy, good handling, spacious"

Cons: "center console intrudes on legroom"

"I've owned this car for 2.5 years and put 47K miles on it, in Indiana, Illinois, California and New York. Overall, this is a great car for many reasons: 1) The fuel economy is very good, even though you pay the extra 10-20% for diesel. I get the EPA numbers, 30 city and 42 highway. On long trips on level terrain, I get 46-48 if I drive 60-65mph, but on average on level and hilly terrains, while driving 70-75, I get the EPA rated 42. 2) The car handles very well. The hydraulic assisted steering is tight at slow speeds, but it still has very good feedback, enabling me to drive confidently on winding roads. There is some body lean on the corners while turning, but I guess it is unavoidable for a car of this size at this price point. 3) It is quite spacious. Not as big as a Passat, but it can easily and comfortable carry four people. It also has a pretty good trunk. 4) The interior is functional, with the essential stuff. It is one area where the car can improve. 5) The seats, however are comfortable, even on long trips. I've never had back problems in this car, even while driving up to 12 hours a day. Overall, I'd highly recommend the Jetta Diesel with Premium Package. This review is for that trim line."

Overall Review

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "appearance, interior comfort"

Cons: "wipers don't stay up, hydrolic clutch noisy"

"The first time I tried to wash the windshield I discovered the wiper blades don't stay up. I called service and they were aware of it as the hood is in the way. Seems like something simple that could have been avoided. I have a 6 speed manual. The acceleration is good however the hydrolic clutch makes a noise that is permanent. Love the interior space. Attention to quality and detail a little disappointing."

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"the best car ever, solid, stable, reliable, BEST MPG ever 47 MPG at 80 MPH @ 600 miles per week Southern California traffic."

Excellent value

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Unlike the Jetta sedan, this car feels substancial"

Cons: "could use more power"

"No other vehicle, in the same price range, can equal this car."

See if you qualify for