2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,071 - $21,936.

10/7.1

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good Looking, stock speakers rock."

Cons: "hard to work on, cheap interior."

"I owned a 2008 Cobalt and I am disappointed I did not look into Jettas sooner. I am very impressed with the handling. I would of liked to see more quality on the inside of the car. I have switches going into my dashboard area and my accessory plug in the back is broke. Great looking car its got sport but it also has luxury. I can't say I haven't got looks while driving it around town. The seats are so comfortable you can sleep in them. I lay back the seats and I am out in 5 minutes. It has not broke down on me yet (knocking on some wood right now). The only thing I am afraid about is the cost of repairs because of the fact not even walmart sells the air filter or windshield wipers for it."

Most Underrated Car on the Road

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Low-key styling, fit and finish, fuel economy"

Cons: "Bluetooth system, it isn't given to your at birth."

"This is one of those cars where you have to own it to appreciate it and I have through every one of the last 95,000 miles. The Sportwagen is a great mix of everything. The panoramic roof is fantastic and being able to close the shade with the oversized sunroof open is a great pleasure. I opted for the 6-speed manual on the TDI model and haven't regretted it a bit. Fuel economy is excellent, and driving it is a pleasure with a solid and safe feel. In regards to technology, there is just enough of it. The touchscreen radio is included with or without navigation. Nav isn't worth getting these days as our smartphones typically have superior navigation to any car system. Using a smartphone with the bluetooth system however isn't exactly a pleasure. The ambient noise on the handsfree system makes calls sound a little distant on the other end and create havoc when using Siri. That aside, streaming bluetooth audio works well and radio is just over the line of "good" in regards to sound quality. If own a Toyota or Nissan you probably will think this car doesn't have enough tech; but at the same, if you own a Toyota or Nissan you also probably shouldn't be allowed to make your own car buying decisions. Interior fit and finish is, for the most part, very good - certainly one of the best for under $30k. The vinyl seats don't look fake and the optional rubber floormats are a perfect fit. Styling overall is very unoffensive. When you show up in a Sportwagen it isn't like showing up in a car, most people won't judge you by it. It's nice, but it isn't flashy and gives off the same vibe as a Ford Explorer - you just kind of 'appear' in it, which is great. On top of everything, it is useful! The seats fold completely flat and quite a bit will fit in there, even more than will fit in a Tiguan. Overall, I have never regretted purchasing this car. The fuel economy is great, the body style is useful and it is just a pleasure to own and drive."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability and reliability of a Diesel engine."

Cons: "Higher maintenance cost."

"I am really enjoying the Jetta TDI. It handles very well in bad weather conditions and it feels like it is bullet proof. One of the downside is the cost of maintenance. It's a little high..."

This is my 9th Jett's and my last jetta.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cons: "No more vw."

"Had to replace brakes at 37,000 miles at a cost of $400. After owning vw's for so many years I thought they would help me but they blew me off. I usually get at least 60,000 miles out of my brakes, but it wasn't the pads but the brake assembly, which are still rusty. I will never buy a vw product again. I had other problems before this and the dealer took care of it but my family has gone to Honda and they are very service oriented and helpful."

solid driving machine

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "great driver"

Cons: "0"

"pick up is more than enough, highway noise minimal, great handling and braking. I love that tight euro feel."