2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,034 - $21,189.

10/7.1

Based on 285 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great fun car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Cost of driving is low, great pep and fun to drive"

Cons: "No real leather or power seat option"

"I drive over 5000 miles per month and have not had any problems. The fuel cost is still less than 10 cents per mile even though diesel is much higher than gasoline. The car handles great and is fun to drive in all road and weather conditions. I tried hybreds but did not like the handling and performance. This car has super pep considering it has a 2 liter four, it certainly performs as well as my 6-cylinder Lexus"

The Frugal Man's (or Women's) Audi

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "So fun to drive, fantastic MPG, comfort, sporty!"

Cons: "Wish the SE had navigation and Fender sound system"

I call him The Red Baron...or sometimes Dieter. :)

"I adore my car. I have a 2014 Jetta SE with connectivity and a sunroof, so I got the one with the updated engine and suspension but not the slightly redesigned front grill that the 2015 has. It took me a while to narrow down cars. I didn't want a vehicle with a CVT and I had good luck with my 1998 VW New Beetle, so I started thinking about returning to Volkswagen. Originally I had my eye on the VW CC but after driving a Honda Accord coupe with a low roof for 10 years and seeing a CC parked next to it with the same sloping low roofline, I decided I wanted more room. I test-drove a Jetta and a Passat during a dealer visit and fell in love with both, but decided the Passat was just too much car for my basic needs; the Jetta was the right size and more sportier. It's one of those cars that looks better up close and in person than in photographs at certain angles. The overall design, apart from the front grill, actually reminds me a lot of its more expensive cousins, the Audi A3 and A4. There's a picture online showing the Jetta and the Audi A4 side profiles and it's hard to tell them apart. It's hard to believe that other reviewers can say this is an uncomfortable car to drive with poor visibility. I find the leatherette seats very comfortable and the ride extremely smooth...going over bumps compared to the rough riding Honda coupe I had previously owned is much easier to take. The room in the back seat of this car is amazing--I would imagine someone 6' or a bit taller would find it comfortable. The trunk is also huge...and yet the car is still considered a compact size; at least, I find it easy to park and back out of spaces. My gas mileage is outstanding. I think I'm averaging around 37-38 mpg and that's with mixed highway and city driving. I also haven't had to add any oil to the engine. The dashboard design is austere and German, but I love it that way...other car brands really go overboard with buttons, knobs, and unnecessary doodads. The radio system in my Honda was a bit crisper, and I wish my SE came with the Fender audio that the SELs get but it still sounds nice and I can't complain. I love having Sirius. I have a cream interior in my car and that makes a huge difference with the dashboard and interior, as it's really two toned compared to the staunch all black interior. With no kids or dogs I don't have to worry about it getting too dirty. My dealer also gave me Monster Mats for the winter months for free. Speaking of winter, I have yet to drive the car in snow...but in the rain, even heavy downpours and going through puddles, I feel safe and it hugs the road. 170 hp may not sound like much, but I find the turbo engine fast with little lag, and don't feel any difference in getting up to speed compared to the 240 hp in my Honda. I read somewhere that VW and Audi tend to underrate the power of their engines. I also have zero qualms about the car being made in Mexico. There's a video on YouTube of the Puebla VW plant and it's pretty clear the company oversees everything...even the car parts located nearby are German companies. This is a very solid feeling car and the doors slam with a heavy "thunk" when you shut them! Besides, I plan on sticking to the maintenance schedule (which is every 10,000 miles/year) and keeping my baby for as long as possible."

I call him The Red Baron...or sometimes Dieter. :)

Great car.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"One of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the road. Recent trip from mich to Florida. I 75 driving At 70 mph. Got 55 mpg. Only thing I have a problem with is the navigation system. But them I'm not a big tech person Overall my jetta premium tdi with navi for the k Last two years. Has been fantastic"

excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mileage, 0 problems"

Cons: "too much road noise, difficult heat knobs"

"I have owned two Mercedes. This VW is more reliable, far better fuel economy, at about half the price. It is not as quite and the ride is a little worse than Mercedes, but I can find no good reason to go back to Mercedes."

Had this car two weeks today

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, interior, sleek exterior"

Cons: "Slow response on throttle"

"I bought my jetta to replace my 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4dr. I needed something safe and better on gas. I am pleased with the gas mileage. I used to get 400 miles on my 22 gallon jeep. Now I get around 415miles on my 14 gallon VW! So much better. I am averaging around 30 MPG city, on the interstate I was pushing 45 MPG. I got the SE edition (Black w/ tan leather) with bluetooth, Sirius Radio, heated seats and ipod hook up in the glove box. I am pleased with my purchase and got the special VW financing 1.6% interest. I would recommend this to anyone in the market. The only complaint I have is it has a little slow response time on the gas. Im not a speed demon so it doesn't bother me. But it looks so nice on the inside and even better on the outside. It reminds me of the Lexus models. The blinkers on the side mirrors are a nice luxury feature. Also, I bought the extended warranty 6yr/60,000 miles."