2013 Volkswagen Jetta

8.3

Based on 320 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Love this car!

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Great overall."

"First time buying a VW. This car is sporty, quiet, corners well, and is fun to drive. The ride is very smooth and solid. Excellent gas mileage if you drive it conservatively. Can get up and go when you want to. You have to remind yourself to drive conservatively. Love the way it handles...give you confidence. Couldn't be happier. Bought new 3/31/15."

Best car that I ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Holds value and dependable"

Cons: "expensive to repair"

"I have owned many different Model/make cars prior to my 2001 Jetta that I purchased in 2001 and I still own my Jetta that has 100000 miles and I love very much. Instead of buying a new car, I decided to have my car fully serviced mechanically and detailed because I do not want to part with it. My Jetta is a GLS with everything, except leather seats. The car handles great in snow and is very dependable. Little expensive to fix when there is a repair that is needed, but it is worth it. A great car that holds great value!!"

excellant value

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "vaule, german build quality"

Cons: "road noise"

"I buy a new car every other year and drive about 30k miles per year for work, this had been the best value for the money i have spent in the last 12 years. Great mileage great syle/looks and decent power compared to the hybrid cars in its size class. the other big plus is when this car reaches the end of its life there will not be a pile of heavy metal laden batteries rotting in the trunk that will need to be "recycled". Why hasnt America got into the small diesel market like europe. 40 mpg is normal. The only downside is the road and wind noise but its still not as load as other cars in its class (Focus, Prius, Hyundai) and it looks a lot nicer as well."

Excellent Value!

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Performance, efficiency, comfort"

"I have owned about 20 VW's over the years and this one is by far the best one I have ever had. The car drives like a gas powered car (maybe better) and gets up to 50 MPG on the highway. Plenty of power and very comfortable! I highly recommend this car!"

Great Car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"I've had my 2011 Jetta TDi for just over a year now, and I can't say anything bad about it. For the price it's a very solid, well-equipped car. The diesel engine really does get great gas mileage. I've taken the car on several long drives (4 hours) and found it to be fairly comfortable. The iPod adapter is great!"

Lots of Torque - Great Fuel Economy

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Good fuel economy"

Cons: "No ACC position on iginition, no engine temp guage"

"So I purchased this car in July and have already put over 10,000 miles on it. I have driven the car from Washington to Michigan and back to Washington then out to Wisconsin. I have seen 50mpg while driving the long roud trip and I usually get around 35mpg in town and 45 on the highway. This diesel has a lot of torque for its size and the 6m trans is really nice. Easy gear shifting and good ratios. I would recommend this car to someone who does lots of highway driving or just wants a relaiable engine with good fuel economy. Oil changes are every 10,000 miles (after the warrenty is up I will be doing them every 7,000) but that is still better than most vehicles out there."

Very comfortBle car with many unique features!

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Great little care with many useful and unique feat"

Cons: "Only the bad reviews received by VW recently!"

"Too bad VW has caused such a bad name for the cars. I have enjoyed this little wagon and have gotten very good gas mileage. I really intend to keep the car for awhile longer since it is paid for!"

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

TDI Great Auto - Texas heat works the A/C hard

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Our friends bought one because of our recommend..."

Cons: "We wish the A/C had more cooling power"

"We absolutely enjoy the Jetta TDI. You can't beat this little diesel's torque and fuel economy. Sport mode or Techtronic shifting - too fun. However - we put our A/C's to the test out here in West Texas and this little guy just can't keep up. Heater works great though. We purchased this particular vehicle for the fuel economy - and it is true ... 50mpg."

Fuel economy is great!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Excellent fuel economy. Acceration is a little bad but fair good considering the price."

Awesome to drive very comfortable

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "great off the line great in stop and go traffic"

Cons: "to much cabin noise"

"My last two cars were Civic's and I thought they were great until I purchased this car. I am very happy with this investment. I look for reasons to take long drives. I would rather have this car than a Silver Cloud."

My Second TDI-Love it!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "German design and engineering."

Cons: "Not enough storage compartments."

"This is my second VW TDI. My first was a 2003 Jetta Sedan which was a good car. I just took delivery of the 2012 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. It drives better than most Korean or Japanese imports in the same price range that I test drove prior to getting another VW. The TDI engine will last forever. I know, I had one."

I love my Jetta

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "very sporty, it's german you know it's quality"

Cons: "only con I have is the connector for my iphone"

"this is the nicest small car I've had. I love the navigation, bluetooth, and audio system. and it's very comfy for my hour ride to work everyday."

Lost German dynamics in its American conversion

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "VW phylosophy in the way they desing and build car"

Cons: "Would like it to handle like my old Jetta"

"Does not handle road as well as our previous Jetta, but still superior to Toyota or Honda and definitely better than Nissan."

I love my wagon!!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Interior lay out, clean exterior style, fuel econo"

Cons: "no push to start :( hard seats"

"This car suits my needs that is the main reason I got it. I have a kayak, mtn bikes, and a dog. It has ample cargo space for all of my outdoor fun activities and the premium pkg definitely steps it up so that it looks just as good in the city as it does in the state park parking lot. My only complaint is that a vehicle in this price range didn't come with a dual climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, and push to start. That option was added for the 2012, guess i'm a bit jealous.... all and all I love my car. The seats could be a bit more comfy but overall it is a great driving experience. precise crisp steering... ample power with 236 lbs of torque. I get great fuel economy and i have never felt that the 140 hp engine is underpowered for the size of the car. The brakes are amazing also... my room mate says its like braking on a cloud... not sure what that means but I'm sure its a good thing."

Very nice.

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Very nice ride, good handling, very good fuel milage 42 to 45 Highway 35 in town. Pricey car."

Powerfull machine

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "fuel economy. power"

Cons: "no ACC option on ignition, not engine temp. gauge"

"I bought this vehicle on July 5, 2011 and have already put over 10,000 miles on it. No problems yet and I don't see any coming. The fuel economy is awesome. I drove the car cross country twice and have seen 50mpg with average hwy. mpg being 45 and city driving being 35-50mpg. The trunk has lots of room and the seats are roomy and comfortable. The 4cyldr diesel puts out a lot of torque. I have the 6m tranny and I can feel the torque every time I shift gears and hit the accelerator. A good car overall and being a deisel I plan on putting lots of miles on it. The only con: I wish the care was not built for dummies. It has no engine temp. gauge or battery voltage gauge."

Great Milage...

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive (TDI) Options for price, 40 Milage"

Cons: "Pleather uncomforable seats/ kesey system is iffy"

"Bought this car for the milage, Black on tan with all options. I find the seats uncomfortable on long trips, overall value is good however this isnt now what the Jetta's used to be this is a lower quality but still good vehical. Only problem I have had is the plastic sheild on the bottom of the motor has almost fallen off twice now because they failed to properly reattach it after a oil change. Excellent service at Autobahn in Fort Worth"

Exceptional German Built Car

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg that delivers snappy peformance."

Cons: "Soft rear suspension and useless center armrest."

"This is my 3rd VW diesel. This car has more zip to it than the 2006. The ride is the same, the interior fit and finish are good. The center arm rest is useless and the rear suspension is soft. However, this is the best Jetta yet in my possession. I am a daily commuter of almost 30 miles one way on the interstate. Consistently 49-50 mpg from this car. I like the leatherette seats. I appreciate the layout of the console, instrumentation and the bluetooth. I could list my few minor faults with this car, but the reason I bought another Jetta was because I had exceptional longevity on the first two vehicles. The 2000 and 2006 Jettas were recycled in the family, the 2000 model has over 200K on it and driven daily, the '06 has 102K on it and is driven by my son in college. My wife loves this car because of the handling. I think it handles as well as her Audi and we just got back from a 600 miles round trip on one tank of gas. For 22K this was a good investment. I do not know if it will last like my other two, but I am also a firm believer your car will last as long as it is cared for, treated well, serviced as needed and keep the daughters boyfriend from gettng behind the wheel. I highly recommend this car for those that want a good, dependable, comfortable commute. The satellite radio is top notch, the seats are firm and supportive, the 6 speed manual is flawless and the turbo is responsive with pleny of zip to it for 50 mpg. Oh, and by the way, my daughters Prius cost us more to buy, has much less room, has fewer options and gets the same gas mileage, sometimes less on trips. And I know I will get 200K out of it, and I dont have to worry about that huge cadmium battery that I wonder if can be recycled at all???"

Jetta owner for life

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Quality, style, loads of options for less money"

Cons: "Hood no longer stays up by itself"

"After buying my first Jetta 8 years ago, I cannot imagine ever owning another vehicle. They are amazing. The quality cannot be beat, and I love that they are stylish as well. My first was a 2002 Jetta GLS and my new one is now a 2012 Jetta SE w/ convenience and sunroof. I have read the reviews by so called "professionals" and I do not get what they are talking about when it comes to the 6th generation Jetta. Yes, my 4th generation Jetta has a squishy dashboard, but really, who cares? I know of no one that actually rubs their dashboard while driving. And it's not as if the quality of the knobs and other gadgets have suffered; nothing is cheaply made, believe me. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and the car handles great. Professional reviewers tend to review as if the car is meant for a race track, when in actuality what we need is something for every day driving. This car has great pick-up and is so much fun to drive! I actually look forward to my half hour commute to work now. And I'm in love with the look of the car as well. I don't know why some people say this new version is plain; personally, I think they just don't photograph well. The front spoiler is the coolest thing ever. I literally drooled over the first 6th generation Jetta I ever saw. So happy that I finally have one. I will drive this one for at least a decade, then when I finally get my next car, I know it will be another Jetta!"

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Near Prius MPG with Cool Dad driving appeal"

Cons: "DSG transmission takes some getting used to"

"So to start I've driven trucks more often than anything else but recently moved to a much more urban area and couldn't see myself commuting or even parking my 4 door Tundra in this mess. We had been using my wife's 2003 Corolla as the family car when gas mileage was an issue. I had been eyeing the TDI Sportwagen for about 6 months. I wanted maximum cargo space, performance and over 30 MPG. I test drove the Outback thinking I needed AWD because I was replacing a truck. The 4 cycl maxed out at something like 32 MPG (when you're nursing it) and I wasn't impressed with the power. The next day I test drove my TDI Sportwagen. HOLY SMOKES! The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, especially at low RPMs, but when you put your foot in the pedal it does exactly what you want. Doesn't matter what speed you're at either. I recently drove to Texas with my wife and 2 kids, all of our luggage, plus a full size cooler in the back. We even picked stuff up on the way without any issues or luggage racks. I was averaging 39 MPG while doing 9 MPH or more over the speed limit at all times. I nursed it the first 550 miles and got 46mpg but I got tired of being in the slow lane. When I wanted to pass a truck while doing 80, I blew past them with no problem. I had to watch myself a little bit because you can hit 100mph in no time. (I know I'm a horrible person, blah blah) The steering is very responsive, the 4 wheel disc brakes stop on a dime, the diesel engine is quiet and purrs only slightly louder than a gasoline engine. Not like the old school diesels. The Panoramic sunroof was a huge selling point for me. My kids can look at the sky while I'm driving and see things they never could before. It's gianormous. I've never run into an issue where I needed to haul something too large for the cargo space, and I've hauled vanity's, toilets, 7 ft long boards, IKEA boxes, you name it. I'd say the only thing I'm not ecstatic about is a slight buzzing noise coming from the center console that is going to get looked at by the dealer at my 10k checkup. Did I mention that maintenance intervals are 10k miles and are free for the first 30k?"

TDI is exceeding expectations!!!

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Looks, Stereo"

"I purchased my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI about a year and a half ago. I had not paid attention to this vehicle in a lot of years because I was not a fan of the body lines/persona that it had. So, when I decided to get rid of my 2008 Pontiac Gran Prix GXP it was not in the front of my mind. I had decided that I needed a car that 1. Got good gas mileage. 2. Looked good. 3. Had a manual transmission. 4. Had an awesome stereo and 5. Was economical to do maintenance on. I drove all of the econo cars out there, even ones that I didn't think I'd buy.. just because I didn't want to miss out on something. After 2-3 weeks of test driving/research I'd gone through over 10 cars and had narrowed it down to the Jetta and the Mazda 3. Both had smooth manual transmissions, both had good MPG ratings(was looking at gas Jetta at this time) and both looked good. I looked at pricing on both cars and it was obvious that the Jetta was going to be a better bang for the buck. I ended up deciding on the TDI based on the fact that the fuel mileage/trade in value was far superior to the gas engine. I now have over 20k miles on my Jetta and could not be happier. No problems, averaging over 42 MPG. Thanks Volkswagen!!!"

Had this car two weeks today

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, interior, sleek exterior"

Cons: "Slow response on throttle"

"I bought my jetta to replace my 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4dr. I needed something safe and better on gas. I am pleased with the gas mileage. I used to get 400 miles on my 22 gallon jeep. Now I get around 415miles on my 14 gallon VW! So much better. I am averaging around 30 MPG city, on the interstate I was pushing 45 MPG. I got the SE edition (Black w/ tan leather) with bluetooth, Sirius Radio, heated seats and ipod hook up in the glove box. I am pleased with my purchase and got the special VW financing 1.6% interest. I would recommend this to anyone in the market. The only complaint I have is it has a little slow response time on the gas. Im not a speed demon so it doesn't bother me. But it looks so nice on the inside and even better on the outside. It reminds me of the Lexus models. The blinkers on the side mirrors are a nice luxury feature. Also, I bought the extended warranty 6yr/60,000 miles."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Has alot of power and great miliage"

Cons: "not dependable"

"Purchased this car brand new and have had to have it towed to the dealership 4 times for no start issues. Volkswagen does provide a customer service rep to assist with continued issues with the car. Never totally fixed - given different cause for same problem each time. In addition, the windshield washer pump seized up when car only 1 1/2 years old.(Covered under warranty. Lost all confidence in vehicle - looking to trade in and don't care that I will lose money."

TDI is a great car

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Getting 50 MPG on the highway."

Cons: "Arm rest is about worthless!"

"Very impress with the power of this car. I have a 2005 TDI and this car has 40 more HP! Yet the milage is even better than the 2005 TDI! Some say the ride is not as good in the 2011 as the 2005. I do not see/feel any difference. I have the NAV and all the bells and whistles, except for the DSG, as mine is a manual. The only things I do not enjoy is the arm rest in the 2011! The roof line is lower and it is a little harder to get into than my 05. Yet the ride appears to be softer than the 05, which I like. I have VW diesels since 1980 and drove them all over 200,000 miles before some one else got it. I gave up my 81 VW Rabbit (it had only 54 HP and averaged 42MPG) for the 2011 Jetta, it lasted me 30 years and I think that this 2011 should last me 40!"