2013 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

excellant value

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "vaule, german build quality"

Cons: "road noise"

"I buy a new car every other year and drive about 30k miles per year for work, this had been the best value for the money i have spent in the last 12 years. Great mileage great syle/looks and decent power compared to the hybrid cars in its size class. the other big plus is when this car reaches the end of its life there will not be a pile of heavy metal laden batteries rotting in the trunk that will need to be "recycled". Why hasnt America got into the small diesel market like europe. 40 mpg is normal. The only downside is the road and wind noise but its still not as load as other cars in its class (Focus, Prius, Hyundai) and it looks a lot nicer as well."

Best car that I ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Holds value and dependable"

Cons: "expensive to repair"

"I have owned many different Model/make cars prior to my 2001 Jetta that I purchased in 2001 and I still own my Jetta that has 100000 miles and I love very much. Instead of buying a new car, I decided to have my car fully serviced mechanically and detailed because I do not want to part with it. My Jetta is a GLS with everything, except leather seats. The car handles great in snow and is very dependable. Little expensive to fix when there is a repair that is needed, but it is worth it. A great car that holds great value!!"

Excellent Value!

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Performance, efficiency, comfort"

"I have owned about 20 VW's over the years and this one is by far the best one I have ever had. The car drives like a gas powered car (maybe better) and gets up to 50 MPG on the highway. Plenty of power and very comfortable! I highly recommend this car!"

Great Car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"I've had my 2011 Jetta TDi for just over a year now, and I can't say anything bad about it. For the price it's a very solid, well-equipped car. The diesel engine really does get great gas mileage. I've taken the car on several long drives (4 hours) and found it to be fairly comfortable. The iPod adapter is great!"

Lots of Torque - Great Fuel Economy

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Good fuel economy"

Cons: "No ACC position on iginition, no engine temp guage"

"So I purchased this car in July and have already put over 10,000 miles on it. I have driven the car from Washington to Michigan and back to Washington then out to Wisconsin. I have seen 50mpg while driving the long roud trip and I usually get around 35mpg in town and 45 on the highway. This diesel has a lot of torque for its size and the 6m trans is really nice. Easy gear shifting and good ratios. I would recommend this car to someone who does lots of highway driving or just wants a relaiable engine with good fuel economy. Oil changes are every 10,000 miles (after the warrenty is up I will be doing them every 7,000) but that is still better than most vehicles out there."