2013 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Perfect choice for young, first-time owner/driver.

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I gave my 16 YO son a budget for his first vehicle and he narrowed his choices down to the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and the VW Jetta and some fleeting interest for "the Cube". 500 miles later in a VW Jetta, I am proud to report he had made the best decision... For the "base" model, the car came with lots of features like auto windows, mirrors, CD stereos, keyless entry..etc. What I liked most was front, side and curtain airbags and re-enforced doors. It is a little weak on horse power but that is exactly what he does not need. The manual shift is smooth making learning to drive a stick-shift a little easier. Oh and the 3 year no maintenance cost and 5 year power train warranties didn't hurt either. Absolutely the best, smartest choice for a sensible kid and safety concious dad."

One of the best cars I've ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive and very affordable"

Cons: "lack of power seats"

"I typically buy a new car every 2 years or so and have owned Toyotas, Hondas and Subarus. This is my first Volkswagen and am totally impressed with my gas mileage, styling, sportiness and comfort. The only downside is the lack of power seats. Other than that, I have been totally satisfied."

Jetta owner for life

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Quality, style, loads of options for less money"

Cons: "Hood no longer stays up by itself"

"After buying my first Jetta 8 years ago, I cannot imagine ever owning another vehicle. They are amazing. The quality cannot be beat, and I love that they are stylish as well. My first was a 2002 Jetta GLS and my new one is now a 2012 Jetta SE w/ convenience and sunroof. I have read the reviews by so called "professionals" and I do not get what they are talking about when it comes to the 6th generation Jetta. Yes, my 4th generation Jetta has a squishy dashboard, but really, who cares? I know of no one that actually rubs their dashboard while driving. And it's not as if the quality of the knobs and other gadgets have suffered; nothing is cheaply made, believe me. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and the car handles great. Professional reviewers tend to review as if the car is meant for a race track, when in actuality what we need is something for every day driving. This car has great pick-up and is so much fun to drive! I actually look forward to my half hour commute to work now. And I'm in love with the look of the car as well. I don't know why some people say this new version is plain; personally, I think they just don't photograph well. The front spoiler is the coolest thing ever. I literally drooled over the first 6th generation Jetta I ever saw. So happy that I finally have one. I will drive this one for at least a decade, then when I finally get my next car, I know it will be another Jetta!"

Great car for the $$$$$ , but.

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Mechanically sound,nice ride,great value for the $"

Cons: "very poor paint quality, high maintenance cost."

"I bought new and have 75000 miles now. Not one mechanical problem yet.Runs great,rides nice and is a very solid car overall.The only negative I have is VW's paint quality.This car is black and was riddled with chips in 6 months,VW would not do anything to correct the issue.I have noticed the same on other VW Jetta.I live in Chicago so I dont travel down gravel roads,Unfortunatly this is a big deal to me so I probably would not purchase another new VW. Maintenance cost are also pretty high."

Loving it so far!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Value, engine, transmission"

Cons: "seats, hard plastics throughout"

"Much as been said about the cheapening of the Jetta. However, it remains a very good value. The fuel economy is in hybrid territory. The front seats are not the most comfortable I have experienced, but they are heated, and are upholstered in quality material. There is a lot of hard plastic (no soft touch material), but that does not bother me a whole lot. I love the peppy 4 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine coupled with the 6-speed DSG transmission. The transmission is superb, offering super quick shifts. I brought this car brand new in May 2011, and have really enjoyed it so far. The dealers are very good about addressing any minor concerns, and the 3-year/36,000 mile free maintenance is definitely a plus."