2013 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Good vehicle

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and economical to maintain"

Cons: "interior materials are inferior"

"This is my second Jetta TDI. This time I opted for all of the options. The vehicle has been very reliable with zero mechanical issues during the first 35K miles. The only issues that I have experienced have been with the inferior interior materials. Love the mileage and reliability!!"

Quite impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Cons: "Cloth interior"

"Very happy with my 2012 Jetta. I owned a 2005 Dodge Neon when I turned 16 and totaled it when I went to college, and after that I owned a 2000 Buick Century and of course neither of those compare! My opinion might be a bit biased since the Jetta is much nicer than my two previous cars, but I don't see my opinion changing anytime soon. Everyone I have known to own a Jetta has absolutely loved it."

I love my Jetta so far !

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "quiet, great clutch and shifter feel, good MPG's"

Cons: "smidge more power would be ok, 60K timing belt"

"Had my Jetta for 2 months. Its my daily commuter. I traded in a 2013 Versa Sedan for the Jetta. I was not in the market for a car but saw VW had a sale in October for 5K off sticker ! My Jetta S 5 speed was 17,700 and I got it for 12,700 plus taxes. It was a no brainer as that was nearly the amount of the Versa. The Jetta is a quiet, steady , sturdy machine. It is not a speed demon but I was looking for the cheapest Jetta not the fastest. The S has lots of bang for the buck like keyless entry with truck release, an AUX jack for the radio etc. The seats are firm but my big body is getting used to them. Fit and finish is superb and even with the 2.0 its a more than adequate interstate cruiser. I wish it had cruise control and an I-pod interface. I average 36mpg and get over 40 on the interstate."

Great car, fuel economy great, solid fun, quick

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"I can't be more pleased with my car. 42 mpg overall, plus quick enough to be fun. I like the fact that the car leaves a much smaller "carbon footprint" than it's hybrid competition. VW doesn't take weight out of the body to get it's fuel economy so you still have that safe, solid German feel."

Car has a lot of electrical problems Lemon car

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "great gas"

Cons: "not a tough car I feel like it can break any time"

"We have had this car for 2 years it has devaluated so fast and it's has given so much problems with electrial. I know people are very happy with their Jettas it's sad that we have had such bad experience. We Want get rid of it soon. Their customer service was great."

Affordable and Very Nice Ride

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, Fun to Drive, Quiet, Quality Driving Feel"

Cons: "Prop rod for engine hood, No engine temp guage"

"I bought my 2014 Jetta in March. My 2001 Jetta GL had given me great reliability and good service for 169000 miles and is still running great. After I sold it to a colleague I bought my new one. It has 10000 miles already and has been trouble free. It is roomy and quiet. The exterior and interior are not flashy but then neither am I. There is no learning curve for the controls in the interior. Everything is well laid out and easy to use. The seats are supportive and have lumbar support. The ride is firm but not harsh. The new 1.8 turbo engine is super. It does not use oil. My best mileage is 42.3 mpg but averages 32-34 mpg in combined city/highway driving. The 6 speed automatic shifts down quickly, keeping the rpm's relatively low. All you need to do to accelerate quickly is step on the gas. Trust me, the 1.8 has plenty of power. The SE drives like a larger car. Lots of trunk space too."

The Frugal Man's (or Women's) Audi

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "So fun to drive, fantastic MPG, comfort, sporty!"

Cons: "Wish the SE had navigation and Fender sound system"

I call him The Red Baron...or sometimes Dieter. :)

"I adore my car. I have a 2014 Jetta SE with connectivity and a sunroof, so I got the one with the updated engine and suspension but not the slightly redesigned front grill that the 2015 has. It took me a while to narrow down cars. I didn't want a vehicle with a CVT and I had good luck with my 1998 VW New Beetle, so I started thinking about returning to Volkswagen. Originally I had my eye on the VW CC but after driving a Honda Accord coupe with a low roof for 10 years and seeing a CC parked next to it with the same sloping low roofline, I decided I wanted more room. I test-drove a Jetta and a Passat during a dealer visit and fell in love with both, but decided the Passat was just too much car for my basic needs; the Jetta was the right size and more sportier. It's one of those cars that looks better up close and in person than in photographs at certain angles. The overall design, apart from the front grill, actually reminds me a lot of its more expensive cousins, the Audi A3 and A4. There's a picture online showing the Jetta and the Audi A4 side profiles and it's hard to tell them apart. It's hard to believe that other reviewers can say this is an uncomfortable car to drive with poor visibility. I find the leatherette seats very comfortable and the ride extremely smooth...going over bumps compared to the rough riding Honda coupe I had previously owned is much easier to take. The room in the back seat of this car is amazing--I would imagine someone 6' or a bit taller would find it comfortable. The trunk is also huge...and yet the car is still considered a compact size; at least, I find it easy to park and back out of spaces. My gas mileage is outstanding. I think I'm averaging around 37-38 mpg and that's with mixed highway and city driving. I also haven't had to add any oil to the engine. The dashboard design is austere and German, but I love it that way...other car brands really go overboard with buttons, knobs, and unnecessary doodads. The radio system in my Honda was a bit crisper, and I wish my SE came with the Fender audio that the SELs get but it still sounds nice and I can't complain. I love having Sirius. I have a cream interior in my car and that makes a huge difference with the dashboard and interior, as it's really two toned compared to the staunch all black interior. With no kids or dogs I don't have to worry about it getting too dirty. My dealer also gave me Monster Mats for the winter months for free. Speaking of winter, I have yet to drive the car in snow...but in the rain, even heavy downpours and going through puddles, I feel safe and it hugs the road. 170 hp may not sound like much, but I find the turbo engine fast with little lag, and don't feel any difference in getting up to speed compared to the 240 hp in my Honda. I read somewhere that VW and Audi tend to underrate the power of their engines. I also have zero qualms about the car being made in Mexico. There's a video on YouTube of the Puebla VW plant and it's pretty clear the company oversees everything...even the car parts located nearby are German companies. This is a very solid feeling car and the doors slam with a heavy "thunk" when you shut them! Besides, I plan on sticking to the maintenance schedule (which is every 10,000 miles/year) and keeping my baby for as long as possible."

I call him The Red Baron...or sometimes Dieter. :)

60 Highway / 40 City | Quiet Ride | My best car

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "60 Highway / 40 City | Quiet Ride | Value"

Cons: "Traction control cannot be deactivated."

"2011 Jetta TDI Sedan w/ Convenience Package, Manual I have traded and driven 9 vehicles ranging from 2009 to 2011 models. This one i have had for the longest at...20 months and 20,000 miles. While the reviews say that the 2011 Jetta is of a lesser build quality, my Jetta is the most quiet ride i've ever been in. I enjoy the simple, yet pretty dash, the quiet ride, and the crazy good mileage. My model in a 2015 year has an MSRP of about 26,000, so maybe 24,000 after discounts. I have yet to find a better value for the money, especially for a new car price. Handles way better and is much more quiet than say.. a 2012ish model Honda Accord EX at about 27-29k new."

Audi A4 performance for VW Price Tag

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Sporty yet practical, premium feel for less $$"

Cons: "Missing a few top notch refinements and features"

"I recently traded my high performance Volvo S60R for a 2013 VW GLI. I was hesitant because I had become spoiled by the Volvo's amazing power, luxury options and overall attention to clean design detail. I spent countless hours doing research and decided to test drive a few cars, the 2013 GLI being one of them. I was immediately impressed with the sporty feel of the GLI, the handling and tight road feel were right up my alley, and finding a manual transmission excited me as well. The small details like the red stitching, ergonomically friendly layout of instruments (typical VW) and overall "feel" of the car convinced me to make the purchase. I was surprised by the rear legroom in this car, it is HUGE compared to other cars I looked at. It has more room than the Mercedes E class! I LOVE this car and it is a JOY to drive every day. The only slight drawbacks are: * Small Navigation screen (that said, the "heads up" display in the center panel keeps your eyes forward) * Driver seat adjustments-- lacking lumbar support and the ability to raise or lower the FRONT of the seat itself, I tend to prefer the back of the seat low but the front raised for a more supportive feeling * Rain sensing wipers: I loved this feature on my 6 year older Volvo-- spoiled I know, but I suppose I will get used to it * Multi-disc changer: again, spoiled by the Volvo I suppose Overall, I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat. It is just the right mix of practical and sporty for me."

Not worth the price

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Uncomfortable, hard to see, bad design, cheap."

"I purchased this car less than six months ago and I actually hate it! I have attempted to get another car and was told this car was worth almost $10,000.00 less than I paid for it. I did my research and I got a good deal based on the KBB ratings. I am livid with VW. This car is so uncomfortable to drive, it jerks when acceleration is needed quickly, like oncoming traffic. The NAV system is hard to use and clunky, sound system is only fair and the sun roof is built in such a way that the sun shines directly into your eyes when its open. The seats are hard, hard to adjust and cheap material. Visibility is poor as it sits so low to the ground. Also, the diesel engine hates the cold and creaks and squeeks all the time. The only redeeming quality of this car is the gas mileage, which is very good."

In love with my Jetta

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "interior, quickness, price, sleekness, hands-free"

Cons: "sound system needs upgrading"

"I previously owned Honda's and Dodge's, this is my first VW. I must say I am very impressed with the Turbo engine, and the Connectivity features. This car is much more than I expected! My ONLY complaint would be that it doesnt have the smooth ride like my Dodge, but it is smoother than my Honda Civic. Between the gas mileage, the roomy interior, the clean sleek dash, the quickness of the engine, and the heated extremely comfortable seats, this is my all tie favorite car! Well worth the $$, and will probably buy another VW in the future!!"

Love It :) This car is my Baby

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Great Drive, Quiet, amazing Handling, Price"

Cons: "Leatherette is Required on an SE"

Her Name is Lucy :)

"I purchased this vehicle under Volkswagens First time buyer program at the age of 18. I Absolutely love this car. I highly recommend going with the SE over the S model and there are a few reasons to that. The SE comes with Leatherette seats (which I am not a fan of, but it helps resale value) as well as a higher stereo system, and cruise control! I priced out an S with cruise control (approx. $800 extra) an that was set me to get the SE based on price. Why not get more, for a little more right? Overall I have driven this car to South Dakota, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming. So with that said she has seen all types of terrain. This car is a front wheel drive, but has no problem in the snow and rain or even in the mountains. Which was a major concern when I purchased the vehicle. As of right now, I don't know that I will ever drive another car that is not a Volkswagen. They really know how to make a car. The ride is impeccable. The road noise is non existent. The motor is so quiet sometimes I don't even know if my car is running."

Her Name is Lucy :)

vinyl seats cheap looking

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "expected more quality for the price of this car"

Cons: "cheap vinyl seats"

"small things continue to need fixing, not as depending as toyotas I had for many years. Next car will be toyota again, not VW. Disappointed in quality."

A Great Value For The Money

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, roomy, quiet, comfy"

Cons: "no temp gauge, prop rod for hood"

"I now have over 7000 miles on my SE and it drives great! The ride is firm, quiet and comfortable. On a recent trip to the coast we got 39-40 mpg on the highway. My highest mileage was 41.3 and I average 33-34 to and from work. Exterior and interior appearance is simple and functional. I'm not a big "whistles and bells" guy so this car was a perfect fit. The new 1.8T engine has plenty of pep The 6 speed Tiptronic is set up to keep the rpm's low but will get peppy as the gas pedal is pushed. Very roomy. Drives like more expensive car."

great for city driving. Good fuel mileage

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Good city fuel mileage, perky car to drive"

Cons: "A little loud road noise, low clearance"

"Have enjoyed this car. Ample room for sports equipment. Good fuel efficiancy in town."

Quick, nimble, and fun to drive.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun and economical with plenty of cargo room"

Cons: "Rear seat legroom for adult passengers."

"Great car, but a tad bit small when both boys grow to 6 feet tall by 13 years old. Back seat leg room is the only thing this wagen lacks. An all around reliable, economical, and sporty diesel with enough gadgets for anyone."

Yetta

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

I don't own this car

"I have had this car for two years and love it. Its affordable and has everything i need. Sunroof, touch screen radio, heated seats. I had a few issues with my bluetooth freezing while playing music but once the technology was updated to accomodate my iphone software it has worked fine. Plenty of room in the back for passengers, lots of trunk space and gets great gas mileage. I love the design of the car its sporty. I have the dark grey and it looks great and doesnt show dirt badly at all."

2011 Jetta SEL

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "cool sounding 5 cyl, push button, rear seat room"

Cons: "no remote start, small navi, no power seat, bland"

"So far this car has really impressed me. This is my third MK6 the other two were TDI's and I have never had one issue with any of them. They are very roomy for a small car and offer better than EPA fuel economy. I travel often and at 80 miles an hour I get 31MPG/ At 70mph I get 34MPG. The down sides are the navigation is small, rear torsion beam, no remote start, no power seats, etc. It really needs more options which is what the 2015 Jetta should take care of. Overall I love the car. I typically only buy American vehicles but there is something about the VW's I love."

Best Car I have Owned

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Road feel, driver feedback, MPG!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned all the common german brands and many of themm BMW, MB, Audi. I decided that I wanted to get something that had an amazing build quality as to fit and finish but more importantly fuel economy was of importance. I ended doing my research and landed on the Jetta TDI Sortswagon with sunroof and nav with an MSRP of $31,355. I can not say enough great things about this car!! It makes me smile when driving it. I am averaging 40mpg as a whole and it drives like a dream. The suspension is just plain amazing as to being compliant but not too compliant. I could go on and on but the bottom line its just a huge bang for the buck...I can not ding it for anything which is hard to say."

Best value car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, great mileage & interior comfort."

Cons: "Still looking for one-I'll get back to you..."

"My wife and I could see in the showroom that the 4-door Jetta had more rear seat legroom than virtually any car we've ever had, yet it has the smallest wheelbase. While snooping brands and dealers I stumbled onto the diesel version in internet reviews and the most eye-popping thing that jumps out at you is that the mileage numbers on the side windows you see on all new cars are UNDERSTATED for the Jetta. Our car is 30/41 but I'm reading and hearing from people that this car can get 50+ on the highway before we bought it. So with that and some other solid attributes going for it, we bought the diesel version. Our local driving number since buying has been at or near 40 since day one. And the new clean diesel is the most underappreciated option you will find on any new car lot in the USA. Much less long term maintenance, among other advantages. I'm still looking for something bad to say about this car. Well, trips to the gas station aren't as numerous as they once were, assuming you like shelling out $50 more rather than less often. One problem that diesel engines have had in the past is starting in frigid temperatures but the service guy told me that can be easily handled with gas tank additives available at auto stores. The interior is well laid out, and the standard rear back-up camera is a gift from auto Heaven. I shudder when I think of the money we've wasted on cars over the years that sadly lacked the overall quality and value of our Jetta. And no--I don't have a relative at the dealership and I don't own any VW stock."

Cars made in Mexico don't cut it

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Cons: "VW needs to work out bugs in these cars"

"Check engine light is on for the fourth time."

Great Young Professional Car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Well Equipped, Sporty"

Cons: "High Depreciation, Expensive Maintenance"

"Pros: This car is good for a good professional just starting out in the work force. It was four doors making it ideal for daily living. The sporty features on the car make sure you do not get bored on your daily commute. The turbo makes sure you can have a bit of fun on the weekend. They car comes nicely equipped. Cons: The depreciation is greater than that of its Honda and Toyota counter parts. The repairs and replacement are more expensive than its Japanese competition; however, cheaper than its German competition."

Very good car with roominess and consistent 38 mpg

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Pleasure to drive"

Cons: "40,000 mile maintainence is pricey$$!"

"If you are driving a lot and need room this is a very good car for mileage, handling, and roominess."

Great car.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"One of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the road. Recent trip from mich to Florida. I 75 driving At 70 mph. Got 55 mpg. Only thing I have a problem with is the navigation system. But them I'm not a big tech person Overall my jetta premium tdi with navi for the k Last two years. Has been fantastic"

Business Like-Appropriate For My Lifestyle

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Seats, steering wheel, build quality (feels solid)"

Cons: "Highway acceleration, higher speed cornering."

"Bought in early 2014 with 3,000 miles, now has 22,000 miles . Very nice car for it's purpose. I am an outside sales rep and the car's clean, handsome lines represent me well at this price point (inside has received compliments as well, I suspect the seats help). I have received many compliments on its looks. Inside, I have the leatherette seats and they are very comfortable. Steering wheel is wonderful. Driving experience is mixed. Accelerates well in town, but the I-5 struggles when at freeway speeds and want to accelerate to make a lane change or merge. Will go to "S" mode often. Fuel mileage is better than expected on the highway, not so great in the city (this might be because of my city driving habits, frequent stops at businesses). Handling is adequate at best in tight cornering, not assuring. Otherwise, nice ride with new tires I just put on. Did handle one of the roughest Wisconsin winter's on record last year with no issues (did well in snow, ABS was setup just right, heater was great, never any stress starting, never a rattle) and that earned a lot of respect from me. Car feels solid as a brick. Despite some mixed driving experience issues, I really like the car and plan on getting another VW in the future, likely a TDI or turbo depending on price. A nice car to spend a day in."