2013 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

cheap feeling, unsatisfying drive.

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

"I absolutely loved my 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg (2.0T) but it was getting high miles so I thought I'd trade it in for the new Jetta. In hindsight, I really wish I had kept my MKV. This new MKVI style feels dumbed down and the quality is not nearly up to par with the MKV. Cheap plastic dash, versus the soft touch before. Leatherette feels much more rubbery that before. Then engine note makes me feel sad compared to the MKV. I still can't find a really comfortable seating position even after a year of owning it. The radio in this car is by far the worst I've heard of any car I've owned. The MKV had 10 speakers which put out some really decent range. The MKVI has 6 speakers that sound worse than a Fisher Price walkie-talkie. Even after upgrading speakers, the sound just isn't satisfying and all the doors have rattled the entire time I have owned it. I'm sure I could think of more but I won't bother. As soon as I break even, I'm trading it in, maybe sooner."

Best buy in sedans

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy and economical."

Cons: "Needs a few more ponies under the hood"

"The Jetta gives you the interior space of a Mercedes C class with the price of a Korean car. The handling is best in class. The warranty was best in class. The 2.0 liter engine is rated at 114hp, yet you can stay with traffic with no problem, and you can wind it out without stressing the engine. I have exceeded epa gas ratings of 24 and 34 with 28 and 37 mpg. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with the rear seat folding flat for cargo and a trunk you can put a couple of bodies in. Included is a full size spare. No inflation kit or compact spare. The car is fun to drive, period."

Bland and slow

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reason: Didn't like it

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Very sluggish, bland"

"Very bad car, owned it for one year. It's very bland, engine is sluggish and uncomfortable"

nice

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "drive"

"It was good"

Get the better engine

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Good price, good styling"

Cons: "Sluggish engine and transmission"

"I have owned this car for nearly one year. Driving is sluggish with the entry-level engine. Fuel economy is not as advertised. First VW purchase and likely my last. Not impressed."

cheapened vw jetta tdi

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "truly over priced"

Cons: "cheap plastic interior"

"Inferior interior, old fashioned look. Drives well, peppy great mileage, but why pay for diesel. Engine is quality, but overpriced maintenance and failure of many small components make it an overpriced purchase. Extended warranty is quite overpriced. I will return to Toyota."

Okay, but could be better... .

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

"Bought the Sportwagen TDI primarily for the fuel efficiency; having driven a number of TDI Golfs in the UK and getting over 65 mpg ('real' gallons!). A bit disappointed that with the US version I only get about 49 mpg (US gallons - or 56mpg UK gallons); we previously had a Fiat 500 and got 45 mpg. Further problem is the alloy wheels; having had the first service at about 6000 miles we were told that all four needed replacing/repairing at over $1000/$650; we have a VW Beetle with steel rims and use it alternatively on the same routes with no issues (and have had cars with alloys before, never with any problems) - maybe a size of car to rim problem - certainly the rims really aren't fit for purpose... . Despite these issues, it's okay (would have preferred a Passat wagon - but they stopped selling those in the US). It drives well, has good acceleration."

great ride

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"sturdy, great ride"

quality not what it used to be

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "peppy, good mpg, roomy"

Cons: "reduced quality from previous years"

"We typically LOVE our VW's and have owned several over the years...and now our kids own them as well. I has been several years since we purchased our last new Jetta and I can tel you that we have been quite disappointed in the "cheapening" of the car. They have made several reductions in quality and convenience that are greatly missed from our previous models. Hidden truck hinges are a thing of the past for VW, opting instead for large intruding hinge arms so I can no longer pack my trunk full. Gas struts on the hood have been replaced with a prop rod. Engine temp gauge is missing, which we watched all the time to determine when the engine was warm enough to turn the heat on. Leather is no longer an interior option, and it doesn't get nearly as good a fuel mileage as our last Jetta TDI (we got 49-51 consistently for over 400k miles, new car has yet to break 41mpg) If it weren't for the mileage of the TDI (even at the reduced milage it's still better than most out there) we would have opted for a higher quality vehicle. We LOVED our previous Jetta, we tolerate this one."

Love my Jetta.

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

"Love this car. (Diesel) Get 47 mpg all the time. Have got over 50 on long trips. Handles great and accelerates well. Exceeds my expectations for all aspects of driving."