2013 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 236 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Quick, nimble, and fun to drive.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun and economical with plenty of cargo room"

Cons: "Rear seat legroom for adult passengers."

"Great car, but a tad bit small when both boys grow to 6 feet tall by 13 years old. Back seat leg room is the only thing this wagen lacks. An all around reliable, economical, and sporty diesel with enough gadgets for anyone."

Yetta

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

I don't own this car

"I have had this car for two years and love it. Its affordable and has everything i need. Sunroof, touch screen radio, heated seats. I had a few issues with my bluetooth freezing while playing music but once the technology was updated to accomodate my iphone software it has worked fine. Plenty of room in the back for passengers, lots of trunk space and gets great gas mileage. I love the design of the car its sporty. I have the dark grey and it looks great and doesnt show dirt badly at all."

2011 Jetta SEL

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "cool sounding 5 cyl, push button, rear seat room"

Cons: "no remote start, small navi, no power seat, bland"

"So far this car has really impressed me. This is my third MK6 the other two were TDI's and I have never had one issue with any of them. They are very roomy for a small car and offer better than EPA fuel economy. I travel often and at 80 miles an hour I get 31MPG/ At 70mph I get 34MPG. The down sides are the navigation is small, rear torsion beam, no remote start, no power seats, etc. It really needs more options which is what the 2015 Jetta should take care of. Overall I love the car. I typically only buy American vehicles but there is something about the VW's I love."

Best Car I have Owned

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Road feel, driver feedback, MPG!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned all the common german brands and many of themm BMW, MB, Audi. I decided that I wanted to get something that had an amazing build quality as to fit and finish but more importantly fuel economy was of importance. I ended doing my research and landed on the Jetta TDI Sortswagon with sunroof and nav with an MSRP of $31,355. I can not say enough great things about this car!! It makes me smile when driving it. I am averaging 40mpg as a whole and it drives like a dream. The suspension is just plain amazing as to being compliant but not too compliant. I could go on and on but the bottom line its just a huge bang for the buck...I can not ding it for anything which is hard to say."

Best value car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, great mileage & interior comfort."

Cons: "Still looking for one-I'll get back to you..."

"My wife and I could see in the showroom that the 4-door Jetta had more rear seat legroom than virtually any car we've ever had, yet it has the smallest wheelbase. While snooping brands and dealers I stumbled onto the diesel version in internet reviews and the most eye-popping thing that jumps out at you is that the mileage numbers on the side windows you see on all new cars are UNDERSTATED for the Jetta. Our car is 30/41 but I'm reading and hearing from people that this car can get 50+ on the highway before we bought it. So with that and some other solid attributes going for it, we bought the diesel version. Our local driving number since buying has been at or near 40 since day one. And the new clean diesel is the most underappreciated option you will find on any new car lot in the USA. Much less long term maintenance, among other advantages. I'm still looking for something bad to say about this car. Well, trips to the gas station aren't as numerous as they once were, assuming you like shelling out $50 more rather than less often. One problem that diesel engines have had in the past is starting in frigid temperatures but the service guy told me that can be easily handled with gas tank additives available at auto stores. The interior is well laid out, and the standard rear back-up camera is a gift from auto Heaven. I shudder when I think of the money we've wasted on cars over the years that sadly lacked the overall quality and value of our Jetta. And no--I don't have a relative at the dealership and I don't own any VW stock."