• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,312 - $25,977.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

Based on 195 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best Car Ever!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Comfortable, Great MPG"

"This car is Wonderfully Amazing... I got 41 MPG coming home. Seats are amazing and extremely comfortable and the handling of the car is stunning and provides inspiration. Have you closed the door? Well it sounds just like all other high quality cars. Close the doors on a Benz 350 ( My family has one) and the doors sound the same. No problems so far yet engine wise, though it is extremely powerful considering the class of car (Compact. I will buy another Volkswagen!"

Best Car Ever!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Comfortable, Great MPG"

A beautiful car!/ very good mileage/Warm & cozy!!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car! ...see review"

Cons: "no back seat warmers"

"I'm thrilled with it! I do have to say it has not met the quoted gas mileage, at least not for us, however we are in remote area, mountainess,& so we cannot follow all the perfect conditions to get the maximum mileage. We are averaging 39 mpg. Despite the real mpg for us, this is overall a great vehicle. We've had no problems. We've received many compliments on this vehicle. It sure kept us warm this extra cold winter! (too bad back seat passengers don't get the warmed seats) Pickup is fantastic Fendall stereo is really nice. The regenerating hybrid is a marvel...we don't have to plug this one in to any electrical charger! Everyone loves the premium tire rims w/ fan-like design. We currently lease this vehicle, however we currently believe we will buy this one out & keep this one!"

Great car -poor build quality

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, fast, great mileage"

Cons: "Poor build quality, lame sound system"

"Love my SportWagen. Disappointed in the build quality - rattles, vibrations, loose components (heat shield, defective sunroof, the list goes on. Have owned the vehicle seven months and have been to the dealer ten times to fix stupid and annoying problems. My last VW, a 1996 Jetta GL was perfect right out of the box, was mine for eight years, never a rattle, squeak - just regular maintenance. I have spoken with other SportWagen owners, and they echo my disappointment in the quality. On the plus side, the SportWagen is a real head turner (Toffee Brown), comfortable, great diesel mileage. Only wish the Fender sound system had been available. Hoping Volkswagen addresses their quality issues. Love this car, but it will be my last VW product."

Perfect car, with a few minor caveats

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, handling, comfort, fun to drive"

Cons: "HWY road noise, Nav system, needs better lumbar"

"Love this car's design, economy, torque, and comfort. We have TDI model with all possible options. Only downsides to this car, in my opinion: Navigation system is non-user friendly, and HORRIBLE. Less intuitive than my 7 year old Garmin portable GPS. I would rate Nav system a 3 out of 10. I will replace the Nav with an aftermarket double DIN GPS in the future. Pano sunroof is awesome, but contributes to road noise. 17 inch VW premium wheels/OEM Continental tires contribute to road noise too. Even with our new aftermarket thicker side walled tires, still pretty noisy on most highways. Less highway road noise would be appreciated. Wish front seats had adjustable lumbar support."

Love my new 2014 GLI

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "geat price, fun to drive, geat gas milege, a blast"

Cons: "hard plastic doors, poor Nav"

"I traded in a 2012 Jetta SE manual last week for the 2014 GLI manual with Autobahn/Nav. Love the car. Took a drive from DC to NJ and back in a single day this past weekend. Rained the entire way and had total confidence in the vehicle. Drove very well, great acceleratioon, great braking and overall fun to drive. Near the end of the trip, it started sleeting and snowing and I still had great control. No slippering of the tires and brakes were still dead on. My 2012 Jetta would have been all over the road, but the new GLI still had plenty of control. Still hate the plastic on the doors and the limited options for interior colors. Wish I could get the golf ball shaped shift know like you can in the GTI. Wish the Nav had more pizzaz to it (my wife has the sync system in the ford and it is pretty good, but love the Acura Nav system the best). Overall, a great car for the money. I was also looking at a 3 series and an A4, but decided on the GLI as it was just as good for much less $$. I am a father of two and having the saloon works great."

2,5 gas engine, average mix 28 - 29 mpg.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, handling, price"

"Sales, do much stop n go driving, 50% city, still averaging great gas mileage. On long drives 40+ miles non stop averaging 35 mpg.. Handling great, 0 - 60 very peppy, rear seating a bit snug. Would recommend and or buy this again.."

Almost everything I want in an automobile.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Tremendous value"

Cons: "No hot accessory plug when ignition is off"

"Previous experience with the 2.5 motor made me snap up a 2013 before the switch to the turbo motor in the 2014s. I have had over 160000 trouble free miles on my earlier one. After several years of research I decided against the turbo diesel...hence the 2.5 5 speed wagen. For a base model, it has everything I need without the gingerbread extras. Power/heated seats, bluetooth, multi function steering wheel controls, heated mirrors, nicely finished interior and a lot of utility when needed. If it only had more power when needed. Mind you, its not bad but you have to drive the manual as if it is a 4 speed with overdrive. The transmission gearing has been changed for fuel economy. I must admit expressway cruising at 74 mph and only pulling 2200 rpm makes for a quiet and comfortable ride and up to 32mpg so far is nothing to sneeze at for a car with just under 10000 miles. But there are times when a downshift just to address a change in grade is rather annoying in this day and age. All in all, a great vehicle for under $20K."

2012 GLi review

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"I've owned several German marques including a 77 Carrera and an 89 E30 M3, plus 2 GTI's previous to the current GLI. Overall its not as refined as the GTI in terms of handling and they've cut corners on small items like the hood support, lack of traction control delete. The handling is twitchy in comparison which is likely due to the extra length of the car and the fact that its shod with mediocre tires in comparison to the GTI. However, the car is quite roomy and a decent level of finish, especially considering that I got out the door for $24,000 and change with the fully loaded Autobahn edition. Be forewarned that if you do an Stage 1 or Stage 2 on a manual transmission, you will be doing a clutch/flywheel kit prematurely. Mine failed at 19,500 and you're looking at $1500-2000 for a good Clutchmasters kit. The coil packs failed at the same time which is also fairly common with tuned TSI motors. The Audi R8 coil pack is a direct replacement and not much more money. Rumor is that these don't fail because they have higher impedance and designed for higher horsepower situations on the Audi. Otherwise the car has been quite good. These cars are fitted with the stock clutch and flywheel which is only good for 200hp. Any tune is going to overwhelm the stock setup so expect a large bill. DSG cars are not affected by this. All in all, I'd give the car a 7.5 overall. The Stage 2 ups the grin factor substantially, but like all VW's, little fiddly things fail over time."

Dirty valves, equals $700.00 in repairs!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "0 percent finance for 60 months"

Cons: "HIGH cost of ownership."

"This requires 91 octane gasoline. Which is not sold in the US. On the advice of my salesman, we put 89 octane. My valves are now "dirty", and require a $1000.00 to $700.00. Based on my internet research, this is normal for this car."