• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,502 - $24,047.

10/7.2

Based on 195 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Most Useful Vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"I am a grandpa in my 60s but I love cars and have owned many brands and styles including sports and convertibles. The Jetta TDI with the manual shift I have is fantastic. It is quick and nimble because it is light and has the turbo and the manual and it is actually fun to drive. But it is still a four door family car. I haul grandkids and there is plenty of room for three in rear; the trunk is huge about 15+ cu.ft- and the seats fold down, you can put big long stuff in there. I have Nav, Blue tooth, leather, good sound, power driver's seat, all for about $26k. I love BMW 3 series, but this car is 1/2 the price and a great value. But main reason for owning this car is the mileage. On diesel (yes it costs more) I get 30mpg combined and 40+ highway. I fill up a couple times a month and can go 450-500 miles on a tank."

Great value mileage is as rated by EPA

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "Slightly rough ride"

"Quicker than it looks especially in sport mode, disappointed it's not 4wheel disc although brakes are more than adequate huge trunk interior well laid out"

Dependable, great fuel mileage - better than rated

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, 6 speed transmission, OK performance"

Cons: "OK performance"

"Fuel mileage is great. Summer in combination of city and highway is always right around 45mpg. Winter - due to reformulated diesel fuel - is at about 42. Minimal maintenance and great dependability to date. My brother-in-law owns an earlier year's version and recommended it to me. Couldn't be much happier. Acceleration could be a bit better but I consider it a reasonable trade off for the great fuel mileage. I regularly cruse at 70/75 with no issues about stability or drift; obviously made for the autobahn. I'd love to own (and be able to afford the gas) a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 440 but given the realities of the day, this is an excellent choice."

Excellent vehicle!!!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "See review!"

Cons: "Lacking AWD & 8 spd. DSG"

"I've owned this car for nearly three and a half years, and, although there have been some relatively minor issues here and there, I think this is an excellent car on many levels. Given the complexity of the engine and transmission, as well as many other attributes, I think this car offers a great deal of value for the money. It is beautifully designed and thought out. Furthermore, it blows away the competition in fuel mileage. It does better in the city than advertised and on occasion even on the highway, depending on various factors. Of course the Prius V does well and has almost as much room, but has nowhere near as much torque, which is very evident in the summer in hilly terrain with the car packed full of wife and children and the accompanying accouterments. My personal best in this car is 44 on the highway, and it regularly returns about 32 in the city. Overall, I'd say it averages around 37-38mpg. This is based on miles driven divided by fuel burned, and not the computed figure given on the instrument panel. It would be nice if the car were a little wider and the rear seats were a bit roomier. It would really be outstanding if VW offered the Passat All-Track TDI Sportwagen here! Anyway, I find it astonishing that there are people out there who cant or wont give this car its do. It has plenty of power for the intended application, and I've had no issues with it in the snow. The OEM Continentals were excellent, and my current set of Michelin MXM4 Primacy may only be marginally better. Bottom line... if you love Diesel efficiency and torque, combined with a relatively sporty handling, plenty of cargo space, and beautiful lines, then you'll appreciate this car."

REMOTE and BLUETOOTH AUDIO STREAMING issues

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Driving Dynamics is very good"

Cons: "Poor quality such remote and bluetooth"

"CAR WAS PURCHASED AT THE END OF NOV, 2013 AT THREE COUNTY VOLKSWAGEN IN NJ. TWO ISSUES WERE NOTICED THE NEXT DAY: (1) REMOTE ONLY WORKS VERY CLOSE TO THE CAR. (LESS THAN 10 FT) (2) BLUETOOTH AUDIO STREAMING FUNCTION NEVER WORK PROPERLY MORE THAN 10MINS. CAR WAS SENT TO DEALER AT DEC 30. I WAS TOLD FEW DAYS LATER: A) NEW PART NEED TO BE ORDERED AND HAD NO IDEA HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT; B)MORE THAN 12 PEOPLE WERE IN THE WAITING LIST FOR THE BACKUP CAR. I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TOOK MY CAR BACK SINCE I NEED A CAR TO COMMUTE. AROUND JAN. 10, I WAS TOLD NEW PART WAS RECEIVED AND CAR WAS SENT TO DEALER AGAIN. FEW DAYS LATER I WAS TOLD ISSUES WERE NOT SOLVED AFTER REPLACING THE PART AND FURTHER ASSISTANCE WAS NEEDED FROM VOLKSWAGEN. I WAS TOLD THE ASSISTANCE FROM VOLKSWAGEN STILL DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND ‘OTHER KIND’ OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE WAS NEEDED FROM VOLKSWAGEN AT JAN. 16. I HAD TO WAIT LONGER. I WAS TOLD ‘OTHER KIND’ OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE FROM VOLKSWAGEN DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM NEITHER AND THE DEALER HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY CAN DO EXCEPT WAITING. I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TOOK MY CAR BACK AGAIN. TILL NOW, THE CAR HAS BEEN IN DEALER MORE THAN 3 WEEKS WHICH I ONLY HAD OWNED THIS CAR 8 WEEKS, AND THESE ISSUES ARE STILL THERE."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25