• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,526 - $24,217.

10/7.2

Based on 231 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

1800 miles in 15 days and started appreciating it

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Excellent torque, high interior look"

Cons: "Ugly exterior, confusing controls"

"I traded my wife's Merceded R350 to own our first ever VW because I heard about Jetta TDI's amazing acceleration & MPG. I bought this two weeks ago and genuinely started appreciating this amazing car. I started liking this so much and now my wife drives my Mercedes C300 and this Jetta became my daily car just because of the MPG and not-so-bad all around characteristics this Jetta Sportwagen - just spun 1800 miles in two weeks. From a red-light stop, this car can aggressively sprint ahead of any other car. The S (sports) drive mode is real fun. The ride is surprisingly noise free few minutes after a cold start - except for the low humming of the diesel engine. Very cool!!! Don't expect full speed cornering and other gimmicks. Just slow down a bit. The adjustable central hand-rest is a real joke -it took two days for me to figure out that it can be pulled few inches forward but you still could not rest of right elbow on it. Ooops!! Interior is comparatively looks rich for a non-luxury brand and audio/speakers are mediocre. But hey this VW. I wish they hadn't swapped audio/volume controls to left side of the steering wheel. What a bad choice? I am seriously looking into whether is there a way to swap the wiring between the left and right side of the steering wheels."

Looks like an Old Lady- Reliable as an Old Man

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG"

Cons: "Ugly, Boring, tight back seat"

"Don't buy it. Can't believe I did. After 6 months, I can't even look at it anymore. It looks like 1986 flashed back at me. So freaking ugly and its for sale now if you want it. Has been in the shop 3 times for major issues, and VW Service is terrible. Transmission is the worst product ever. Jerky all the time like a bad dream. Why did I not buy a Toyota or Honda? Better yet, why did I buy this ugly station wagon? I'll blame it on the wife, but the sooner it goes, the sooner I won't have to look at it anymore. Good on diesel, but is the most boring, basic car ever. Oh yeah, a boring, basic car that VW should pay you to drive. Cya Station Wagon!!!! If you're single, you wont get any dates driving this ugly thing. Oh y"

Good car for the money

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun 6 speed manual with 50 mpg!"

Cons: "Center arm rest too far back and tilted down."

"My parents purchased me a Silver VW Jetta Diesel. It is a 6 speed manual and I absolutely love it. It is a sharp looking car, it has all the friendly green options I love (leatherette seats and 48-50 mpg consistently). I get to go green and this car has acceleration I never expected from a diesel and will leave a Prius sitting in the dirt!!! It has the black interior with black BBS wheels my dad put on it for me. The satellite radio and bluetooth are a blast to own. It has multiple airbags, front wheel drive, stability and traction control, a huge trunk and room for 4 adults. I am in my last year of college and this car is a nice vehicle to drive home in and get around the campus. It looks "expensive" on the inside. Like it is a much higher priced car. It is very solid. And the gauges at night are so cool to look at (red) and I can see out of it very well. This car was not the higher priced VW with all the options out there, and I have the TomTom navigation in place but for less than 24K, my folks couldn't have bought me a nicer car. Everybody at school loves it and I hope I get as many miles out of it as my parents do from their Passat Diesel."

Exceptional German Built Car

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg that delivers snappy peformance."

Cons: "Soft rear suspension and useless center armrest."

"This is my 3rd VW diesel. This car has more zip to it than the 2006. The ride is the same, the interior fit and finish are good. The center arm rest is useless and the rear suspension is soft. However, this is the best Jetta yet in my possession. I am a daily commuter of almost 30 miles one way on the interstate. Consistently 49-50 mpg from this car. I like the leatherette seats. I appreciate the layout of the console, instrumentation and the bluetooth. I could list my few minor faults with this car, but the reason I bought another Jetta was because I had exceptional longevity on the first two vehicles. The 2000 and 2006 Jettas were recycled in the family, the 2000 model has over 200K on it and driven daily, the '06 has 102K on it and is driven by my son in college. My wife loves this car because of the handling. I think it handles as well as her Audi and we just got back from a 600 miles round trip on one tank of gas. For 22K this was a good investment. I do not know if it will last like my other two, but I am also a firm believer your car will last as long as it is cared for, treated well, serviced as needed and keep the daughters boyfriend from gettng behind the wheel. I highly recommend this car for those that want a good, dependable, comfortable commute. The satellite radio is top notch, the seats are firm and supportive, the 6 speed manual is flawless and the turbo is responsive with pleny of zip to it for 50 mpg. Oh, and by the way, my daughters Prius cost us more to buy, has much less room, has fewer options and gets the same gas mileage, sometimes less on trips. And I know I will get 200K out of it, and I dont have to worry about that huge cadmium battery that I wonder if can be recycled at all???"

excellent vehicle, but it should be a bit larger

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

"We have owned this vehicle for over 1 year and we love it. The only negative - a bit tight inside. There should be more leg room, but overall - excellent for the price and the diesel engine give great gas mileage!"