2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,338 - $23,681.

10/7.2

Based on 213 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Average, not as great as I thought it would be.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive. keyless entry, fast"

Cons: "Expensive. Mostly Manual operation"

"Almost sorry I got this car. It is just an average car. It is expensive for an average car. I have been a Honda Accord owner since 1993. I decided this year I wanted a change and decided on a Volkswagon. The Jetta is not equivalent to the Honda Accord it would be closer to the Civic but Volkswagons Price is High for what you get. I am spending so much more for something so average. I have had the A/C break. The gas cap blew off in car wash. The dealer said you should "wash by hand" not realistic in winter. The power plug stopped working in all outlets. I am as disappointed with the service as I am with the car. The things I like about it are keyless start, entry and lock. The Bluetooth is bad no one can hear me through it. I have to take the Bluetooth off and risk talking on the phone for most of my calls. The features are much more manual than most new cars on the market today in this range, however the price very high for what you get. I won't get another one."

Prestine condition

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

"2011 Jetta, Volkswagon, low mileage, definitely looks like new, completely checked out by dealer, A-1 running order, serviced by dealer. Outstanding value..."

THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "FUEL MILEAGE, FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I DRIVE 104 MILES A DAY, THIS CAR GETS THE BEST FUEL MILEAGE, IT AVERAGES 48 TO 53 MILES PER GAL EVERY DAY, I FILL UP ONCE A WEEK WITH AROUND 12 GAL OF DIESEL AND DRIVE UNTILL NEXT WEEK I BOUGHT THE TOP OF THE LINE JETTA,IT HAS A FENDER SOUND SYSTEM, I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW NICE THIS CAR IS,LOTS OF POWER, I WILL BUY ANOTHER WHEN THIS ONES WEARS OUT , IT WILL BE AWHILE"

Very good car, still room for improvements

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "good solid car for the money"

Cons: "road noise and bumps"

"I basically love my Jetta, in spite of its flaws. On the positive side, it feels solid and is roomy and comfortable. My model doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but there are enough for me. I have had zero problems with this car. It handles well enough for me in my daily driving, but can be a little rough going over a bumpy road. My main complaint is the road noise. Also, those black leatherette seats get hot as fire in the summertime. They've taken some mistreatment (spills, mud) but clean up easily and still look great. However, I highly recommend getting some kind of seat covers or cushions since they can toast your bootie when you get in after the car has been sitting in the FL sun for a while."

Great Commuter

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Fun to drive, Solid, Safe"

Cons: "Infotainment, Poor interior quality, Road noise"

"I have had this car for 10 months and drive approx 100 miles per day. The car drives great and the turbo makes a huge difference on the highway when passing. I have been a little disappointed with the interior quality. VW chosen to replace a lot of the soft touch materials I had in my 08 Jetta and replaced them with lower quality hard touch plastics. The car feels cheaper on the inside than previous VWs I have owned. On the plus side this is the best driving Jetta I have owned and I get great gas mileage. I have average 34 in mixed driving and have hit 40+ on the highway. The seats are comfortable but I do begin to notice some firmness after an hour of driving. The car handles great and for the price I have not found a better driving car. The car could use a better bluetooth system and better sound system."