2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,839 - $23,194.

10/7.2

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I love this car.

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet"

Cons: "NONE!"

"Being a Volkswagen I knew this car would be great from the start, but it has exceeded my expectations. It is a really comfortable ride and handles incredibly well. It is quiet and gets on average 45 mpg. I love this car!"

Hard to beat!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Power, features"

Cons: "Some materials sub par"

"The new Jetta is great. It drives really well and has sufficient power. There are neat features such as the touchscreen radio, auto up/down on all windows, trunk opens on its own. I think the price is right compared to what else is out there. It could use a few nicer materials on the interior but it looks good overall. I wanted the 5 spoke wheels but couldn't justify the extra money for them."

Great Milage...

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive (TDI) Options for price, 40 Milage"

Cons: "Pleather uncomforable seats/ kesey system is iffy"

"Bought this car for the milage, Black on tan with all options. I find the seats uncomfortable on long trips, overall value is good however this isnt now what the Jetta's used to be this is a lower quality but still good vehical. Only problem I have had is the plastic sheild on the bottom of the motor has almost fallen off twice now because they failed to properly reattach it after a oil change. Excellent service at Autobahn in Fort Worth"

Great mileage within a sporty package

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "mileage, speed, sportiness"

Cons: "finding used TDI is hard to find"

"I've own this car for last 4 months and use as commuter car interstate miles. It has nice pickup and speeds. Good interior space and love the panoramic sun roof! All passengers are comfortable with room "pleather" interior. Good interface computer system that easily navigates from radio, satellite, radio, MP3, multi disc, and auxiliary. Excellent gas mileage - I'm getting upper 40s MPG and finding diesel pumps is not as hard as I thought it would be. Definitely recommend this make/model and especially the wagons."

What a piece of cheap junk...

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

I don't own this car

"I had a 2011 VW Jetta S edition with the automatic transmission from Hertz while my regular car was in for service. I previously owned 4 VW’s and loved them all, also 5 Honda’s, 2 Nissan’s, a Mercury, several Ford’s, and a Volvo. I am well rounded when it comes to cars. This new Jetta seasoned appealing until you DRIVE it. This thing is a CHEAP piece of JUNK. Everything from the seats to trim and everything in between has the air and feel that it was built by the cheapest sub-contractor / bidder. The wind whistles around the outside mirrors at 70 mph. The automatic transmission under acceleration has a 1 second pause when under heavy acceleration. The engine is weak, slow and noisy. The noise and pathetic performance reminds me of a kitchen appliance. NOTHING feels well made. It all comes across as cheap, and sad. For almost $18,000 there is not even a center storage bin / arm rest / center console. There is also NO cruise control and the trunk lid is no longer lined / insulated like previous models. The cost cutting is VERY obvious in the new Jetta. Maybe if you spend 24,000 to 30,000 you might get better materials but I doubt it. The car performs terrible. Pitches and rolls all over the place at freeway speeds. Do not try to make an emergency maneuver in this thing you might loss control of it from the tiny tires and spongy suspension. Everything on this car was sad there was nothing exciting or interesting about it. When you compare this car to the Hyundai Elantra, Honda Civic, Kia Spectra, Nissan Sentra, Mitsubishi Lancer and other cars you will notice how much better the Asian imports are made."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25