2013 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 232 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

TDI- german engineering

By on Friday, July 08, 2011

"I owe TDI model for about 3 months with 6000 miles. My average mpg is 42 mixed driving. Car is well build with close attention to interior parts fitment (better then my 08 ACCORD).Huge trunk space, good seats, great features, and … . This is sedan with gas mpg of small car and performance of V6 engine."

Wow!!! First VW and I'm in love with it!!!

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "Too many to mention."

Cons: "Visibility not as good as my old honda."

"Reviewers most hate someone at VW because I can't understand why are they bashing this car. This car really is above and beyong the competition. I went to see it and as soon as I drove it I wanted it and I did buy it!! So far, I only found a couple of interior defects which by the way VW service has fixed with no excuses or delay. Service has been amazing and I'm very happy with it. I wish I could just say the same about my wife's car Nissan service. I test drive the Ford Focus (Blah! A wannabe), Corolla (Good, but boring and ugly), Sonata (yes Sonata one step above the class. As soon as I step on the gas, this car pull to the left badly. Big safety issue), Nissan altima (pretty good), Chevy Cruze (This is a wannabe car as well as the ford. The power may be there, but the refinement is not, and still feel like a cheap chevy ) Mazda 3 and 6 (fun to drive, especially the 3, but the cabin is noisy and small. The six is just to much money and still the cabin is more noisy than the VW) Neither one of them compare to this car quiet and smooth ride. The manners of this german car put it in a class of his own. So good it is, that I traded my beloved 1998 honda (accord) the only brand I have always buy."

First VW - most likely not my last!

By on Monday, June 27, 2011

Pros: "Roominess, Fun to Drive, Great Value"

"After months of reading reviews, I finally gave the 2011 VW Jetta a test drive. I don't know what these "professional reviewers" are thinking...I was sold on the first drive. VW may have "cheapened" the interior from previous models, however it still looks great. I personally would rather the changes that VW did than cost cutting things like sound dampening, engine, or safety features. The car is plenty quick, and is a joy to drive. Even more so with the speed....err..I mean sport mode. The car handles great and runs true. I have put on 9,450 mile on this car in 6 months and has been nothing but comfortable, and reliable. I have had many friends tell me how they could not believe how comfortable and good looking the car is. Many of which are not fans of VW, constantly tell me how much they like the car. On top of the great car, is the great service I get from VW. Their sales staff are a pleasure to work with and made this the best car purchase I have ever had."

Excellent Value with Exceptional Engineering

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pros: "cheap to drive, excellent engineering, fun to drive"

Cons: "hard to find"

"Well designed and put together. The TDI is in a league of it's own: powerful, quiet, better mileage than a Hybrid, inexpensive to operate. I was comparing against Honda,Toyota and Mazda and this was by far the best overall car. This is not the frumpty,quirky, cheap VW.... think of this as Audi Junior."

Best kept secret in the States

By on Thursday, June 02, 2011

Pros: "All around great car, eco friendly"

Cons: "Unexpected speeding tickets"

"My 2011 TDI was the best all around car buy available. Almost 240 lbs of torque and over 40 mpg - are you kidding me? The backseat and trunk are super roomy and fit adult Americans comfortably. The layout of the instrumentation is practical and sensical. The heated seats are comfy. The safety features make it a top safety pick. 10,000 between oil changes and care free maintenance for 30,000 miles. Its appearance is sporty, yet practical - an understated expression of boldness. Bluetooth, iPod adapter, etc. There is a good distance between the TDI and other Jettas, but Volkswagen has made a believer out of me."