2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,962 - $14,795.

10/7.2

Based on 195 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love my new 2014 GLI

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "geat price, fun to drive, geat gas milege, a blast"

Cons: "hard plastic doors, poor Nav"

"I traded in a 2012 Jetta SE manual last week for the 2014 GLI manual with Autobahn/Nav. Love the car. Took a drive from DC to NJ and back in a single day this past weekend. Rained the entire way and had total confidence in the vehicle. Drove very well, great acceleratioon, great braking and overall fun to drive. Near the end of the trip, it started sleeting and snowing and I still had great control. No slippering of the tires and brakes were still dead on. My 2012 Jetta would have been all over the road, but the new GLI still had plenty of control. Still hate the plastic on the doors and the limited options for interior colors. Wish I could get the golf ball shaped shift know like you can in the GTI. Wish the Nav had more pizzaz to it (my wife has the sync system in the ford and it is pretty good, but love the Acura Nav system the best). Overall, a great car for the money. I was also looking at a 3 series and an A4, but decided on the GLI as it was just as good for much less $$. I am a father of two and having the saloon works great."

2,5 gas engine, average mix 28 - 29 mpg.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, handling, price"

"Sales, do much stop n go driving, 50% city, still averaging great gas mileage. On long drives 40+ miles non stop averaging 35 mpg.. Handling great, 0 - 60 very peppy, rear seating a bit snug. Would recommend and or buy this again.."

Almost everything I want in an automobile.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Tremendous value"

Cons: "No hot accessory plug when ignition is off"

"Previous experience with the 2.5 motor made me snap up a 2013 before the switch to the turbo motor in the 2014s. I have had over 160000 trouble free miles on my earlier one. After several years of research I decided against the turbo diesel...hence the 2.5 5 speed wagen. For a base model, it has everything I need without the gingerbread extras. Power/heated seats, bluetooth, multi function steering wheel controls, heated mirrors, nicely finished interior and a lot of utility when needed. If it only had more power when needed. Mind you, its not bad but you have to drive the manual as if it is a 4 speed with overdrive. The transmission gearing has been changed for fuel economy. I must admit expressway cruising at 74 mph and only pulling 2200 rpm makes for a quiet and comfortable ride and up to 32mpg so far is nothing to sneeze at for a car with just under 10000 miles. But there are times when a downshift just to address a change in grade is rather annoying in this day and age. All in all, a great vehicle for under $20K."

2012 GLi review

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"I've owned several German marques including a 77 Carrera and an 89 E30 M3, plus 2 GTI's previous to the current GLI. Overall its not as refined as the GTI in terms of handling and they've cut corners on small items like the hood support, lack of traction control delete. The handling is twitchy in comparison which is likely due to the extra length of the car and the fact that its shod with mediocre tires in comparison to the GTI. However, the car is quite roomy and a decent level of finish, especially considering that I got out the door for $24,000 and change with the fully loaded Autobahn edition. Be forewarned that if you do an Stage 1 or Stage 2 on a manual transmission, you will be doing a clutch/flywheel kit prematurely. Mine failed at 19,500 and you're looking at $1500-2000 for a good Clutchmasters kit. The coil packs failed at the same time which is also fairly common with tuned TSI motors. The Audi R8 coil pack is a direct replacement and not much more money. Rumor is that these don't fail because they have higher impedance and designed for higher horsepower situations on the Audi. Otherwise the car has been quite good. These cars are fitted with the stock clutch and flywheel which is only good for 200hp. Any tune is going to overwhelm the stock setup so expect a large bill. DSG cars are not affected by this. All in all, I'd give the car a 7.5 overall. The Stage 2 ups the grin factor substantially, but like all VW's, little fiddly things fail over time."

Dirty valves, equals $700.00 in repairs!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "0 percent finance for 60 months"

Cons: "HIGH cost of ownership."

"This requires 91 octane gasoline. Which is not sold in the US. On the advice of my salesman, we put 89 octane. My valves are now "dirty", and require a $1000.00 to $700.00. Based on my internet research, this is normal for this car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25