2012 Volkswagen Jetta

8.3

Based on 336 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Best value car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, great mileage & interior comfort."

Cons: "Still looking for one-I'll get back to you..."

"My wife and I could see in the showroom that the 4-door Jetta had more rear seat legroom than virtually any car we've ever had, yet it has the smallest wheelbase. While snooping brands and dealers I stumbled onto the diesel version in internet reviews and the most eye-popping thing that jumps out at you is that the mileage numbers on the side windows you see on all new cars are UNDERSTATED for the Jetta. Our car is 30/41 but I'm reading and hearing from people that this car can get 50+ on the highway before we bought it. So with that and some other solid attributes going for it, we bought the diesel version. Our local driving number since buying has been at or near 40 since day one. And the new clean diesel is the most underappreciated option you will find on any new car lot in the USA. Much less long term maintenance, among other advantages. I'm still looking for something bad to say about this car. Well, trips to the gas station aren't as numerous as they once were, assuming you like shelling out $50 more rather than less often. One problem that diesel engines have had in the past is starting in frigid temperatures but the service guy told me that can be easily handled with gas tank additives available at auto stores. The interior is well laid out, and the standard rear back-up camera is a gift from auto Heaven. I shudder when I think of the money we've wasted on cars over the years that sadly lacked the overall quality and value of our Jetta. And no--I don't have a relative at the dealership and I don't own any VW stock."

Solid, Affordable, Consistent.

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Well priced, solid handling, nice interior space"

Cons: "Some issue with this year model axle?"

"Bought the car as my first personal vehicle (no parental aid either financially or advisory), was more than satisfied with the experience. Was able to finance it on my own, and for the age I was, the car did wonders for me in terms of reliability, and the quality was just top notch in terms of mechanical composition. Fantastic vehicle for Interstate travel and around town travel."

the best sedan for the money in it's class

By on Monday, April 6, 2015

Pros: "european build quality, price, gas mileage"

Cons: "the base 2.0 engine is underpowered"

"I choose the Jetta because of build, price and warranty (at the time the warranty was 3years with service), the handling is good and the engine keeps me with all city traffic. My mileage has been better than the epa estimate, and I cruise at 75 with no problem. As a previous VW owner, 65'Beetle and 77' Sirocco, I am just as pleased with the Jetta. In fact, the only other car that has been this balanced and reliable and has great dealer response was my 72' Datsun 510, which set a standard that has been hard to match. I plan to upgrade to the GLI or GTI in another year. I highly recommend the Jetta as a best buy for compact sedans. P.S. the Jetta has the same interior volume as the C class Mercedes-Benz."

Car has a lot of electrical problems Lemon car

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "great gas"

Cons: "not a tough car I feel like it can break any time"

"We have had this car for 2 years it has devaluated so fast and it's has given so much problems with electrial. I know people are very happy with their Jettas it's sad that we have had such bad experience. We Want get rid of it soon. Their customer service was great."

I'm not impressed

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pros: "Roomy interior"

Cons: "Baseline has no power"

"Nothing is this car is meant to last long term. There is a sound coming from the exhaust as if there is a hole in the muffler. I've had the vehicle for 10 months and I'm being told that the rotors are bad. This is not what I was expecting."