2012 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 338 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Quite impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Cons: "Cloth interior"

"Very happy with my 2012 Jetta. I owned a 2005 Dodge Neon when I turned 16 and totaled it when I went to college, and after that I owned a 2000 Buick Century and of course neither of those compare! My opinion might be a bit biased since the Jetta is much nicer than my two previous cars, but I don't see my opinion changing anytime soon. Everyone I have known to own a Jetta has absolutely loved it."

A beautiful car!/ very good mileage/Warm & cozy!!

By on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car! ...see review"

Cons: "no back seat warmers"

"I'm thrilled with it! I do have to say it has not met the quoted gas mileage, at least not for us, however we are in remote area, mountainess,& so we cannot follow all the perfect conditions to get the maximum mileage. We are averaging 39 mpg. Despite the real mpg for us, this is overall a great vehicle. We've had no problems. We've received many compliments on this vehicle. It sure kept us warm this extra cold winter! (too bad back seat passengers don't get the warmed seats) Pickup is fantastic Fendall stereo is really nice. The regenerating hybrid is a marvel...we don't have to plug this one in to any electrical charger! Everyone loves the premium tire rims w/ fan-like design. We currently lease this vehicle, however we currently believe we will buy this one out & keep this one!"

Very Good Car

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pros: "Handling, power, interior design"

Cons: "Interior hard plastics, non-exciting design"

"I bought the 2013 Jetta SE w/Convenience new and am approaching 50k miles. I have really enjoyed this car thus far. One of my main considerations when purchasing this car was driving dynamics. I really love the way the Jetta drives. It's predictable and goes exactly where you want it to go. Handling is spot on. For me the steering is sometimes on the light side, but is better than average. Ride comfort is perfect. Suspension is a perfect tune for everyday driving. Power is better than most in the class. The Jetta is quick and very responsive once on the accelerator. I have the automatic and it is a very good auto; very responsive and very quick to shift. As for the design, for me the exterior is not overwhelmingly exciting, yet very handsome. Interior, the design is perfect; however, the materials could be a little better. The hard plastics on the dashboard have good graining but aren't very appealing to the touch. Seats are very comfortable and everything is laid out where you would expect it to be. The backseat has plenty of room as well as the trunk. A very nice cabin is accompanied by some upscale features such as one-touch windows for all four windows are a plus. The gauges are extremely easy to read. As far as reliability, I have had no concerning issues at all, just common maintenance including oil changes, new tires, and headlight replacements. Overall, the Jetta is a fantastic car for day to day driving and makes even the drive to work more enjoyable than your average sedan."

Great daily driver

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

"solid transportation"

Bland and slow

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reason: Didn't like it

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Very sluggish, bland"

"Very bad car, owned it for one year. It's very bland, engine is sluggish and uncomfortable"