2012 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great on gas

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Only problem i have is the car in not wide enough for a car seat and two passengers in back. I should have waited the TDI Passat I often have rear passengers"

Fantastic performance sedan for around $25k

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quick, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Mixed interior plastic quality, road noise"

"I purchased a 2012 VW GLI Autobahn with 6sp manual. Got it for $23500 not including tax. In this price range the only other 4 doors worth considering in you are into performance is the GTI 4dr, Civic SI and that is about it. The new turbo Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata Turbo are a quick, but handle like boats in comparison. The SI is nice, but the interior in not as nice and cannot compete with the torque of the VW's turbo. Overall the interior is nice although there is some obvious cost cutting. Some hard panels used in the doors could be improved as could adding some addition sound deadening. The turbo 4 pulls hard and gets excellent gas mileage. I do 50/50 mixed driving and so far am averaging almost 30mpg and have seen as high as 38mpg on longer freeway drives. Handling is excellent and is only let down by the mediocre Dunlops that came spooned onto the Stock 18's. The Autobahn comes with the Fender audio system that is very good and rivals/bests the Bose that was on my 2010 Nissan Maxima SV. Fit and finish on the car is very good and overall I am very pleased. It filled my desire for a good performing sedan that also gets good gas mileage."

Awsome car!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "TDI MPG"

Cons: "wish it had the Fender stereo system"

"2012 sprtswagen TDI with the 6 speed DSG tranny. My wife and I love this car! It gets 38-39 MPG average. Highway 45MPG."

Love IT!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"I've always wanted a VW and finally took the chance. I am very happy with my Jetta SE and am so glad I changed over from Ford. The touch screen feature and voice command is incredible. The car is stunning when it drives down the road and I always notice heads turning."

Great value and upscale feel.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value and features."

Cons: "road imperfection absorption and ugly dash console"

"I have the 2011 Jetta SEL and it is great. It is super comfortable and has a nice upscale look and feel to it. It rides like a dream on the highway and smooth roads. Although, at the slightest bump you hear a loud knock from the front end. Especially in NYC. The mileage is actually very good and the power is surprising. Interior space is awesome and the leatherette seats are very nice in look and feel. The interior dash, controls and Instrument panel could definitely use some upgrading. I dont care about the soft dash stuff, just make the car look like its not from 1995. The factory radio/audio is better than my friend's 2011 Audi A5! Very loud with great sound and awesome bluetooth connectivity. The Keyless entry and push button start is what made me pull the trigger. I love that feature. The key literally never leaves your pocket. Right now, my only must have is the terrible suspension on bumpy roads. Besides that, I love this car. It looks like I paid way more than the actual $24k."