2012 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

The estamated fuel econamy is an under statment

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "500-600 miles to a tank/Very Smooth/nice interior"

Cons: "The delayed shifting/bluetooth phone volume"

"You can easily get 45 mpg on the highway and 35 to 40 in the city. I like to drive fast and normally get like 40 mpg combined. Doing 80 on the highway you easily get over 40 mpg. The only thing I don't like is the way the transmission shifts. It try's to wait as long as it can to shift down then it surprises you. It can easily be fix if you put it in sport mode. For such a fuel efficient car it has plenty of power and for a diesel you can't even hear it. Very smooth ride. The bluetooth phone is nice but you have to have the volume low for the voice and the volume load for the phone conversations. Overall great quality!"

Great on gas

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Only problem i have is the car in not wide enough for a car seat and two passengers in back. I should have waited the TDI Passat I often have rear passengers"

Fantastic performance sedan for around $25k

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quick, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Mixed interior plastic quality, road noise"

"I purchased a 2012 VW GLI Autobahn with 6sp manual. Got it for $23500 not including tax. In this price range the only other 4 doors worth considering in you are into performance is the GTI 4dr, Civic SI and that is about it. The new turbo Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata Turbo are a quick, but handle like boats in comparison. The SI is nice, but the interior in not as nice and cannot compete with the torque of the VW's turbo. Overall the interior is nice although there is some obvious cost cutting. Some hard panels used in the doors could be improved as could adding some addition sound deadening. The turbo 4 pulls hard and gets excellent gas mileage. I do 50/50 mixed driving and so far am averaging almost 30mpg and have seen as high as 38mpg on longer freeway drives. Handling is excellent and is only let down by the mediocre Dunlops that came spooned onto the Stock 18's. The Autobahn comes with the Fender audio system that is very good and rivals/bests the Bose that was on my 2010 Nissan Maxima SV. Fit and finish on the car is very good and overall I am very pleased. It filled my desire for a good performing sedan that also gets good gas mileage."

Awsome car!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "TDI MPG"

Cons: "wish it had the Fender stereo system"

"2012 sprtswagen TDI with the 6 speed DSG tranny. My wife and I love this car! It gets 38-39 MPG average. Highway 45MPG."

Love IT!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"I've always wanted a VW and finally took the chance. I am very happy with my Jetta SE and am so glad I changed over from Ford. The touch screen feature and voice command is incredible. The car is stunning when it drives down the road and I always notice heads turning."