2012 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

One of my favorite cars

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Efficient and fun to drive"

Cons: "Hurts right knee rests against the center console"

"While still new, I believe VW has designed and build a great car for this purpose. I like the capacity-carrying of a wagon, and yet has tight handling of a sedan. Great fuel efficiency, power, smooth cruising. I'll check in before 100k for an update."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"This car is so nice, i leased two of them"

Great daily driver

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

"solid transportation"

Looking for a solid and economical purchase

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"When I was first looking for a car upon taking an outside sales position I needed the following: great on fuel mileage, would keep up with 25-30k miles annually, easy to maintain, and was overall looking for an affordable option. My 2012 Jetta TDI has not let me down, currently just under 80k miles in my two and a half years of owning it and am so happy with my purchase that I'm looking at getting a Passat TDI now. I drive anywhere from 1-3k miles per month for my job, being able to get 600 miles on a tank highway commute is a timesaver! Best tank to date has been 46 mpg, but usually hover around 41/42 mpg with 80% highway / 20% city driving. Pros: bottom line is fuel mileage!, maintenance only every 10k, quality sound system for the size of vehicle, leg room is adequate compared to other cars in class, great handling, and fun to drive with the turbo, manual shift is butter smooth Cons: Initial purchase price of diesel (break even point is usually about 100,000 miles), maintenance can be a bit pricey (but is only every 10k), doesn't handle great in snow, interior isn't as nice as is past models, leather quality isn't the same as the premium models"

Acquired it new in 2011

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Exceptional fuel efficiency, sure-footed handling."

Cons: "Poor traction in snow, road noise."

"I initially leased this 2011 TDI Sportwagen then purchased it at lease-end (36 months).Overall, it has been incredibly economical (44 mpg hwy/31 overall) and reliable. It is comfortable (I'm 6'2") with an adequate sound system (not great). My only knock on the car is that it is not snow-friendly. The vehicle came with Continental tires that were toast within 32,000 miles. I then added Michelin "Defender" all-season tires thinking it would improve snow handling. It did not improve snow handling much at all. Assuming you do not need to count on in in a snowstorm, it is well worth the price."

Solid, Affordable, Consistent.

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Well priced, solid handling, nice interior space"

Cons: "Some issue with this year model axle?"

"Bought the car as my first personal vehicle (no parental aid either financially or advisory), was more than satisfied with the experience. Was able to finance it on my own, and for the age I was, the car did wonders for me in terms of reliability, and the quality was just top notch in terms of mechanical composition. Fantastic vehicle for Interstate travel and around town travel."

good car for the price

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

"bought a Jetta 2015 tsi. driven 8 hundred miles.Car rides good and has good power Handles well. Miss having a temperature gauge and fog lights.Interior is quite, solid.Because car is new waiting to see how reliability will be"

cheap feeling, unsatisfying drive.

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

"I absolutely loved my 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg (2.0T) but it was getting high miles so I thought I'd trade it in for the new Jetta. In hindsight, I really wish I had kept my MKV. This new MKVI style feels dumbed down and the quality is not nearly up to par with the MKV. Cheap plastic dash, versus the soft touch before. Leatherette feels much more rubbery that before. Then engine note makes me feel sad compared to the MKV. I still can't find a really comfortable seating position even after a year of owning it. The radio in this car is by far the worst I've heard of any car I've owned. The MKV had 10 speakers which put out some really decent range. The MKVI has 6 speakers that sound worse than a Fisher Price walkie-talkie. Even after upgrading speakers, the sound just isn't satisfying and all the doors have rattled the entire time I have owned it. I'm sure I could think of more but I won't bother. As soon as I break even, I'm trading it in, maybe sooner."

Best buy in sedans

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy and economical."

Cons: "Needs a few more ponies under the hood"

"The Jetta gives you the interior space of a Mercedes C class with the price of a Korean car. The handling is best in class. The warranty was best in class. The 2.0 liter engine is rated at 114hp, yet you can stay with traffic with no problem, and you can wind it out without stressing the engine. I have exceeded epa gas ratings of 24 and 34 with 28 and 37 mpg. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with the rear seat folding flat for cargo and a trunk you can put a couple of bodies in. Included is a full size spare. No inflation kit or compact spare. The car is fun to drive, period."

Bland and slow

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reason: Didn't like it

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Very sluggish, bland"

"Very bad car, owned it for one year. It's very bland, engine is sluggish and uncomfortable"