2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.3

Based on 320 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

60 Highway / 40 City | Quiet Ride | My best car

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "60 Highway / 40 City | Quiet Ride | Value"

Cons: "Traction control cannot be deactivated."

"2011 Jetta TDI Sedan w/ Convenience Package, Manual I have traded and driven 9 vehicles ranging from 2009 to 2011 models. This one i have had for the longest at...20 months and 20,000 miles. While the reviews say that the 2011 Jetta is of a lesser build quality, my Jetta is the most quiet ride i've ever been in. I enjoy the simple, yet pretty dash, the quiet ride, and the crazy good mileage. My model in a 2015 year has an MSRP of about 26,000, so maybe 24,000 after discounts. I have yet to find a better value for the money, especially for a new car price. Handles way better and is much more quiet than say.. a 2012ish model Honda Accord EX at about 27-29k new."

Quite impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Cons: "Cloth interior"

"Very happy with my 2012 Jetta. I owned a 2005 Dodge Neon when I turned 16 and totaled it when I went to college, and after that I owned a 2000 Buick Century and of course neither of those compare! My opinion might be a bit biased since the Jetta is much nicer than my two previous cars, but I don't see my opinion changing anytime soon. Everyone I have known to own a Jetta has absolutely loved it."

A beautiful car!/ very good mileage/Warm & cozy!!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car! ...see review"

Cons: "no back seat warmers"

"I'm thrilled with it! I do have to say it has not met the quoted gas mileage, at least not for us, however we are in remote area, mountainess,& so we cannot follow all the perfect conditions to get the maximum mileage. We are averaging 39 mpg. Despite the real mpg for us, this is overall a great vehicle. We've had no problems. We've received many compliments on this vehicle. It sure kept us warm this extra cold winter! (too bad back seat passengers don't get the warmed seats) Pickup is fantastic Fendall stereo is really nice. The regenerating hybrid is a marvel...we don't have to plug this one in to any electrical charger! Everyone loves the premium tire rims w/ fan-like design. We currently lease this vehicle, however we currently believe we will buy this one out & keep this one!"

Great daily driver

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

"solid transportation"

Bland and slow

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reason: Didn't like it

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Very sluggish, bland"

"Very bad car, owned it for one year. It's very bland, engine is sluggish and uncomfortable"

Powerful yet gets 43mpg. Better than a hybrid

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

"I love my jetta, I love Diesel engines, especially when it gets over 40mpg. Diesel engine last longer than gas engine(google it!) The torque in accelerating is way better than a hybrid. Hybrid cars are more expensive but runs on the cheaper gas. It will save you money every time you fill it up. On the other hand, jetta doesn't really save you money when you fill it up, diesel are more expensive tan premium gas, but this car was built to last. Check on some beat up diesel trucks from 1970s and it could still run-amazing.. I bought this car because it is the cheapest diesel car that I could find. Also, I could forgive this car when it jerks sometimes."

better value than my BMW!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, technology package"

"I had a 3 series for several years and loved the way it drove but got tired of the super expensive maintenance. I test drove the Jetta SEL and loved it! It had every feature I wanted and saved me $15,000 compared to buying a new BMW. It has been great for the last year, and keeps up the standards of German performance. The technology package is also very cool, love the navigation system, keyless entry, and that it was iPod ready!"

Best value car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, great mileage & interior comfort."

Cons: "Still looking for one-I'll get back to you..."

"My wife and I could see in the showroom that the 4-door Jetta had more rear seat legroom than virtually any car we've ever had, yet it has the smallest wheelbase. While snooping brands and dealers I stumbled onto the diesel version in internet reviews and the most eye-popping thing that jumps out at you is that the mileage numbers on the side windows you see on all new cars are UNDERSTATED for the Jetta. Our car is 30/41 but I'm reading and hearing from people that this car can get 50+ on the highway before we bought it. So with that and some other solid attributes going for it, we bought the diesel version. Our local driving number since buying has been at or near 40 since day one. And the new clean diesel is the most underappreciated option you will find on any new car lot in the USA. Much less long term maintenance, among other advantages. I'm still looking for something bad to say about this car. Well, trips to the gas station aren't as numerous as they once were, assuming you like shelling out $50 more rather than less often. One problem that diesel engines have had in the past is starting in frigid temperatures but the service guy told me that can be easily handled with gas tank additives available at auto stores. The interior is well laid out, and the standard rear back-up camera is a gift from auto Heaven. I shudder when I think of the money we've wasted on cars over the years that sadly lacked the overall quality and value of our Jetta. And no--I don't have a relative at the dealership and I don't own any VW stock."

Solid, Affordable, Consistent.

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Well priced, solid handling, nice interior space"

Cons: "Some issue with this year model axle?"

"Bought the car as my first personal vehicle (no parental aid either financially or advisory), was more than satisfied with the experience. Was able to finance it on my own, and for the age I was, the car did wonders for me in terms of reliability, and the quality was just top notch in terms of mechanical composition. Fantastic vehicle for Interstate travel and around town travel."

the best sedan for the money in it's class

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "european build quality, price, gas mileage"

Cons: "the base 2.0 engine is underpowered"

"I choose the Jetta because of build, price and warranty (at the time the warranty was 3years with service), the handling is good and the engine keeps me with all city traffic. My mileage has been better than the epa estimate, and I cruise at 75 with no problem. As a previous VW owner, 65'Beetle and 77' Sirocco, I am just as pleased with the Jetta. In fact, the only other car that has been this balanced and reliable and has great dealer response was my 72' Datsun 510, which set a standard that has been hard to match. I plan to upgrade to the GLI or GTI in another year. I highly recommend the Jetta as a best buy for compact sedans. P.S. the Jetta has the same interior volume as the C class Mercedes-Benz."

Car has a lot of electrical problems Lemon car

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "great gas"

Cons: "not a tough car I feel like it can break any time"

"We have had this car for 2 years it has devaluated so fast and it's has given so much problems with electrial. I know people are very happy with their Jettas it's sad that we have had such bad experience. We Want get rid of it soon. Their customer service was great."

I'm not impressed

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pros: "Roomy interior"

Cons: "Baseline has no power"

"Nothing is this car is meant to last long term. There is a sound coming from the exhaust as if there is a hole in the muffler. I've had the vehicle for 10 months and I'm being told that the rotors are bad. This is not what I was expecting."

what happened to VW?

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Reason: electrical problems

Pros: "gas mileage was pretty good"

Cons: "electrical, shifting, too "european" for me."

"blew fuses right from the get go, shifting was horrible, spray off windshield with window open and all the fluid blows right into the car. electrical problems were getting worse with each drive. Headlights, fuses, dash lights, you name it."

I like this vehicle a lot. Best VW ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

"This is my 4 VW vehicle. The previous cars were the Passat model which I liked too. However this vehicle is the best of all VW models I have owned. One reason is the Diesel Engine and the Automatic Transmission, which is very smooth and precise."

a great all rounder

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "great fuel economy, good handling, spacious"

Cons: "center console intrudes on legroom"

"I've owned this car for 2.5 years and put 47K miles on it, in Indiana, Illinois, California and New York. Overall, this is a great car for many reasons: 1) The fuel economy is very good, even though you pay the extra 10-20% for diesel. I get the EPA numbers, 30 city and 42 highway. On long trips on level terrain, I get 46-48 if I drive 60-65mph, but on average on level and hilly terrains, while driving 70-75, I get the EPA rated 42. 2) The car handles very well. The hydraulic assisted steering is tight at slow speeds, but it still has very good feedback, enabling me to drive confidently on winding roads. There is some body lean on the corners while turning, but I guess it is unavoidable for a car of this size at this price point. 3) It is quite spacious. Not as big as a Passat, but it can easily and comfortable carry four people. It also has a pretty good trunk. 4) The interior is functional, with the essential stuff. It is one area where the car can improve. 5) The seats, however are comfortable, even on long trips. I've never had back problems in this car, even while driving up to 12 hours a day. Overall, I'd highly recommend the Jetta Diesel with Premium Package. This review is for that trim line."

vinyl seats cheap looking

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "expected more quality for the price of this car"

Cons: "cheap vinyl seats"

"small things continue to need fixing, not as depending as toyotas I had for many years. Next car will be toyota again, not VW. Disappointed in quality."

Get the better engine

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Good price, good styling"

Cons: "Sluggish engine and transmission"

"I have owned this car for nearly one year. Driving is sluggish with the entry-level engine. Fuel economy is not as advertised. First VW purchase and likely my last. Not impressed."

good car for the price

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

"bought a Jetta 2015 tsi. driven 8 hundred miles.Car rides good and has good power Handles well. Miss having a temperature gauge and fog lights.Interior is quite, solid.Because car is new waiting to see how reliability will be"

TDI Great Power Great Economy

By on Friday, November 27, 2015

Pros: "Great power and mileage."

Cons: "Expensive to get the TDI"

"Volkswagen is in trouble for not making this car meet the emission standards. It is marketed at 42mpg hwy and 32 city, mine gets 52mpg Hwy and 42mpg all around. The TDI has outstanding power and is very quiet, more so than the gas powered Jetta's. I went from a Cadillac STS V-8 to this car, performance wise they are very comparable. I will not be sending my car in to be de-tuned and choked down to get worse mileage and less power."

Love the car, but I miss shifts with the manual

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage, handles well, atteactive"

Cons: "Manual transmission leads to stalling"

"Really good car. Handles well, great mileage, feels solidly built, attractive for a wagon. The only downside, and the reason I am selling it is that I bought the manual transmission. It is fun, but despite growing up with stick shifts, I am still missing shifts from time to time, and this can be frightening, like when it happens in an intersection. Switching to a Golf with the automatic."

Great car, fuel economy great, solid fun, quick

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"I can't be more pleased with my car. 42 mpg overall, plus quick enough to be fun. I like the fact that the car leaves a much smaller "carbon footprint" than it's hybrid competition. VW doesn't take weight out of the body to get it's fuel economy so you still have that safe, solid German feel."

Business Like-Appropriate For My Lifestyle

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Seats, steering wheel, build quality (feels solid)"

Cons: "Highway acceleration, higher speed cornering."

"Bought in early 2014 with 3,000 miles, now has 22,000 miles . Very nice car for it's purpose. I am an outside sales rep and the car's clean, handsome lines represent me well at this price point (inside has received compliments as well, I suspect the seats help). I have received many compliments on its looks. Inside, I have the leatherette seats and they are very comfortable. Steering wheel is wonderful. Driving experience is mixed. Accelerates well in town, but the I-5 struggles when at freeway speeds and want to accelerate to make a lane change or merge. Will go to "S" mode often. Fuel mileage is better than expected on the highway, not so great in the city (this might be because of my city driving habits, frequent stops at businesses). Handling is adequate at best in tight cornering, not assuring. Otherwise, nice ride with new tires I just put on. Did handle one of the roughest Wisconsin winter's on record last year with no issues (did well in snow, ABS was setup just right, heater was great, never any stress starting, never a rattle) and that earned a lot of respect from me. Car feels solid as a brick. Despite some mixed driving experience issues, I really like the car and plan on getting another VW in the future, likely a TDI or turbo depending on price. A nice car to spend a day in."

Love my Jetta.

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

"Love this car. (Diesel) Get 47 mpg all the time. Have got over 50 on long trips. Handles great and accelerates well. Exceeds my expectations for all aspects of driving."

Cars made in Mexico don't cut it

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Cons: "VW needs to work out bugs in these cars"

"Check engine light is on for the fourth time."

cheapened vw jetta tdi

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "truly over priced"

Cons: "cheap plastic interior"

"Inferior interior, old fashioned look. Drives well, peppy great mileage, but why pay for diesel. Engine is quality, but overpriced maintenance and failure of many small components make it an overpriced purchase. Extended warranty is quite overpriced. I will return to Toyota."