2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.3

Based on 320 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Awesome car and great fuel milage

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Milage, Fender Audio, Navigation, Power, Handling"

Cons: "Turbo Lag, and diesel smell after filling up."

"I just purchased my new 2013 VW Jetta TDI 3-4 weeks ago and now have 1800 miles. So far the car has been amazing. The engine delivers the necessary power, although there is some slight turbo lag. The Fender Audio system and Navigation are awesome, I've always installed subs in the past but will be sticking with this sound system. The car also handles amazing, it hugs corners and the seats keep you in place. I have no complaints about this car except I hate trying to keep my baby clean:/"

High Gas Mileage BUT High Wind Noise

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"The diesel works as advertised. Plenty of pick up and great mileage. In fact, I would be hard pressed to not go with a diesel going forward. However, there is a persistent wind noise problem (above 60 mph) that has a recall on it. I have had it in the shop 2 times to address this issue and it is no better. If you do a lot of highway travel as I do and you have blue tooth in the Jetta you purchase be prepared for people to ask you about the background noise. This is more than a mere a nuisance noise...it effects the driving experience on the highway. I'd encourage you to google "2011 jetta wind noise problems" and see what you come up with. No issues at all with the car in town."

Best buy in sedans

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy and economical."

Cons: "Needs a few more ponies under the hood"

"The Jetta gives you the interior space of a Mercedes C class with the price of a Korean car. The handling is best in class. The warranty was best in class. The 2.0 liter engine is rated at 114hp, yet you can stay with traffic with no problem, and you can wind it out without stressing the engine. I have exceeded epa gas ratings of 24 and 34 with 28 and 37 mpg. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with the rear seat folding flat for cargo and a trunk you can put a couple of bodies in. Included is a full size spare. No inflation kit or compact spare. The car is fun to drive, period."

Superb Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Pros: "Unbeatable gas mileage"

Cons: "Some interior design and durability issues"

"I drive 140 miles every day. In snow, this car attacks the snow. In rain, it avoids hydroplaning. In windy conditions, it holds to its lane with minor impact. I deal with crazy drivers on a daily basis--it gives me quick acceleration when I need it and safe deceleration as well. You simply cannot beat the gas mileage. It designed with German efficiency and a touch of style. My only regret is that the seats are having a tough time withstanding the crayon, dirty feet, spilled milk launched daily by my 5 year old from the back seat."

Luxury reliability and great fuel efficiency for $

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Cool and great fuel $"

Cons: "Acceleration but it is a diesel..oxymoron"

"Luxury, reliability and phenomenal fuel efficiency w TDI model. Seats are very lumbar supportive and the heated seats to die for."