2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 338 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"June 1ST I purchased a 2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8 Turbo w/Connectivity and Navigation. Heated seats/Bluetooth/Moon Roof/Rear Camera Graphite Blue w/Black Interior. This Jetta replaces a 2014 Toyota Corolla "S" Premium. I love the Jetta in fact the 1.8 Turbo has a lot of get up and go plus the torque is an added bonus. Since I have only had the car for a short time I am extremely pleased with performance and cabin space. I plan to keep this car for a long time. The Toyota Corolla purchase was not a good choice for many reasons. The biggest negative was the CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) Very noisy. I like how well the interior switches light up at night. Very easy to see and use. Bluetooth activates quickly. I drive 46 miles round trip to work each day. At present I can't give an accurate fuel economy rating. I would highly recommend this car. Comfortable and a blast to drive."

Perfect car, with a few minor caveats

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, handling, comfort, fun to drive"

Cons: "HWY road noise, Nav system, needs better lumbar"

"Love this car's design, economy, torque, and comfort. We have TDI model with all possible options. Only downsides to this car, in my opinion: Navigation system is non-user friendly, and HORRIBLE. Less intuitive than my 7 year old Garmin portable GPS. I would rate Nav system a 3 out of 10. I will replace the Nav with an aftermarket double DIN GPS in the future. Pano sunroof is awesome, but contributes to road noise. 17 inch VW premium wheels/OEM Continental tires contribute to road noise too. Even with our new aftermarket thicker side walled tires, still pretty noisy on most highways. Less highway road noise would be appreciated. Wish front seats had adjustable lumbar support."

A Great Value For The Money

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, roomy, quiet, comfy"

Cons: "no temp gauge, prop rod for hood"

"I now have over 7000 miles on my SE and it drives great! The ride is firm, quiet and comfortable. On a recent trip to the coast we got 39-40 mpg on the highway. My highest mileage was 41.3 and I average 33-34 to and from work. Exterior and interior appearance is simple and functional. I'm not a big "whistles and bells" guy so this car was a perfect fit. The new 1.8T engine has plenty of pep The 6 speed Tiptronic is set up to keep the rpm's low but will get peppy as the gas pedal is pushed. Very roomy. Drives like more expensive car."

Best Car I have Owned

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Road feel, driver feedback, MPG!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned all the common german brands and many of themm BMW, MB, Audi. I decided that I wanted to get something that had an amazing build quality as to fit and finish but more importantly fuel economy was of importance. I ended doing my research and landed on the Jetta TDI Sortswagon with sunroof and nav with an MSRP of $31,355. I can not say enough great things about this car!! It makes me smile when driving it. I am averaging 40mpg as a whole and it drives like a dream. The suspension is just plain amazing as to being compliant but not too compliant. I could go on and on but the bottom line its just a huge bang for the buck...I can not ding it for anything which is hard to say."

60 Highway / 40 City | Quiet Ride | My best car

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "60 Highway / 40 City | Quiet Ride | Value"

Cons: "Traction control cannot be deactivated."

"2011 Jetta TDI Sedan w/ Convenience Package, Manual I have traded and driven 9 vehicles ranging from 2009 to 2011 models. This one i have had for the longest at...20 months and 20,000 miles. While the reviews say that the 2011 Jetta is of a lesser build quality, my Jetta is the most quiet ride i've ever been in. I enjoy the simple, yet pretty dash, the quiet ride, and the crazy good mileage. My model in a 2015 year has an MSRP of about 26,000, so maybe 24,000 after discounts. I have yet to find a better value for the money, especially for a new car price. Handles way better and is much more quiet than say.. a 2012ish model Honda Accord EX at about 27-29k new."

Quite impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Cons: "Cloth interior"

"Very happy with my 2012 Jetta. I owned a 2005 Dodge Neon when I turned 16 and totaled it when I went to college, and after that I owned a 2000 Buick Century and of course neither of those compare! My opinion might be a bit biased since the Jetta is much nicer than my two previous cars, but I don't see my opinion changing anytime soon. Everyone I have known to own a Jetta has absolutely loved it."

A beautiful car!/ very good mileage/Warm & cozy!!

By on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car! ...see review"

Cons: "no back seat warmers"

"I'm thrilled with it! I do have to say it has not met the quoted gas mileage, at least not for us, however we are in remote area, mountainess,& so we cannot follow all the perfect conditions to get the maximum mileage. We are averaging 39 mpg. Despite the real mpg for us, this is overall a great vehicle. We've had no problems. We've received many compliments on this vehicle. It sure kept us warm this extra cold winter! (too bad back seat passengers don't get the warmed seats) Pickup is fantastic Fendall stereo is really nice. The regenerating hybrid is a marvel...we don't have to plug this one in to any electrical charger! Everyone loves the premium tire rims w/ fan-like design. We currently lease this vehicle, however we currently believe we will buy this one out & keep this one!"

Very Good Car

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pros: "Handling, power, interior design"

Cons: "Interior hard plastics, non-exciting design"

"I bought the 2013 Jetta SE w/Convenience new and am approaching 50k miles. I have really enjoyed this car thus far. One of my main considerations when purchasing this car was driving dynamics. I really love the way the Jetta drives. It's predictable and goes exactly where you want it to go. Handling is spot on. For me the steering is sometimes on the light side, but is better than average. Ride comfort is perfect. Suspension is a perfect tune for everyday driving. Power is better than most in the class. The Jetta is quick and very responsive once on the accelerator. I have the automatic and it is a very good auto; very responsive and very quick to shift. As for the design, for me the exterior is not overwhelmingly exciting, yet very handsome. Interior, the design is perfect; however, the materials could be a little better. The hard plastics on the dashboard have good graining but aren't very appealing to the touch. Seats are very comfortable and everything is laid out where you would expect it to be. The backseat has plenty of room as well as the trunk. A very nice cabin is accompanied by some upscale features such as one-touch windows for all four windows are a plus. The gauges are extremely easy to read. As far as reliability, I have had no concerning issues at all, just common maintenance including oil changes, new tires, and headlight replacements. Overall, the Jetta is a fantastic car for day to day driving and makes even the drive to work more enjoyable than your average sedan."

Great daily driver

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

"solid transportation"

Bland and slow

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reason: Didn't like it

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Very sluggish, bland"

"Very bad car, owned it for one year. It's very bland, engine is sluggish and uncomfortable"