2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.3

Based on 336 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Awesome CUV

By on Saturday, June 4, 2016

Pros: "Mileage, Handling, Appearance"

Cons: "Wish it was a little larger, dieselgate."

"The car gets great mileage (average over 40 mpg), handles awesome, and can handle a good amount of stuff. Taken it 1/2 way across the country a couple of times, very comfy and good acceleration for a diesel. Highly recommend!"

My Second TDI-Love it!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "German design and engineering."

Cons: "Not enough storage compartments."

"This is my second VW TDI. My first was a 2003 Jetta Sedan which was a good car. I just took delivery of the 2012 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. It drives better than most Korean or Japanese imports in the same price range that I test drove prior to getting another VW. The TDI engine will last forever. I know, I had one."

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid, great price, low maintenance"

Cons: "It won't last forever :("

"In light of all the stigma attached to VW Diesels these days, I still love my car. I tested it two years ago and was able to successfully drive at 70 mph 1,083 miles on one tank of diesel fuel traveling from NC to NH. I probably had another 80 miles I could have driven on the same tank but I didn't want to chance it at that point. My Jetta is a safe, reliable, comfortable six-speed manual with amazing turbo power, a great moonroof and I truly 'got what I paid for.' The car is solid, holds the road well (I got 67K miles on the original tires!), doesn't require much maintainence other than the standard warranty and that covers most everything. I'm at 82K miles on the same set of brake pads and my clutch is holding great. VW makes a great car and although the stigma is here, I still stand with my car as a reliable purchase in 2013, value for dollar. I average 47 mpg city and 55-60 mpg highway. I don't like that I might be polluting the air more than needed but it's still a great car and I know that VWGOA will do right by the people and their cars. I am certain other companies have the same issues but just haven't been caught yet but who am I to judge? I love my car and I think anyone who wants a diesel and a stick should look at the Jettas, a roomy sedan with a sporty feel."

Awesome to drive very comfortable

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

Pros: "great off the line great in stop and go traffic"

Cons: "to much cabin noise"

"My last two cars were Civic's and I thought they were great until I purchased this car. I am very happy with this investment. I look for reasons to take long drives. I would rather have this car than a Silver Cloud."