2011 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

I love my Jetta

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "very sporty, it's german you know it's quality"

Cons: "only con I have is the connector for my iphone"

"this is the nicest small car I've had. I love the navigation, bluetooth, and audio system. and it's very comfy for my hour ride to work everyday."

Lost German dynamics in its American conversion

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "VW phylosophy in the way they desing and build car"

Cons: "Would like it to handle like my old Jetta"

"Does not handle road as well as our previous Jetta, but still superior to Toyota or Honda and definitely better than Nissan."

German Engineering on an American Budget

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive styling, mature, great mileage"

Cons: "Odd transmission, push button start?"

"The newly redesigned base Jetta has the Volkswagen community in an uproar. Whether it is a critique of the nonchalant exterior styling or the less than adequate performance numbers, the negative feedback was clear- and Volkswagen listened. Back from hiatus, the 2012 Jetta GLI outperforms almost every car in its class (with the exception of it's 5-door sister, the GTI.) From the ground up, the new GLI strikes an aggressive chord in almost every category. The styling alone begs the driver to let loose on the throttle and have some fun because "fun" is what this car does exceptionally well. Strap on the Autobahn package and a spoiler lip and you will notice the crowd-pleasing glances on the road. The interior quality is unmistakably sporty but refined enough to blend in. Red stitching throughout gives the interior a distinct edge. Materials have a genuine feel and are soft to the touch. Ergonomics and overall interior design is intuitive and easy to navigate, but without question, the sports steering wheel is what will win your vote over everything else. It just feels right...sooo right. The car offers a strong, solid ride with noticeably little wind noise on the highway. The independent rear suspension really does allow the car to hug corners. Others might disagree with me, but I can't remember ever liking the sound of a 4-cylinder engine more. The exhaust note on the 200hp TSI engine gives me goose-bumps (and that's coming from a guy in love with throaty V-8 engines.) The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, but is snappy and responsive when you need it to be. If there is a negative quality about this car, it would be the drivetrain. Not because it isn't good, but because it does require some mental tuning at first. Test drive one- you'll understand. Volkswagen got this one right. Hopefully, the 2012 GLI quiets some of the negative chatter about this generation of Jetta. It's the kind of car that turns heads when you want it to but doesn't scream for attention everywhere it goes. Sipping gas while surging at stop lights is a wonderful combination. If you're looking for a car that will get you where you need to go in a fun but mature way, the 2012 GLI is right up your ally."

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Economy, fun to drive, comfort, amenities, price."

Cons: "Stock tires."

"The only complaint I have about this car is the tires. With the torq of the diesel engine the factory tires just do not grip well enough. I am sure they are fine for the gas engine. I will be replacing the tire as soon as I can afford it."

I love my wagon!!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Interior lay out, clean exterior style, fuel econo"

Cons: "no push to start :( hard seats"

"This car suits my needs that is the main reason I got it. I have a kayak, mtn bikes, and a dog. It has ample cargo space for all of my outdoor fun activities and the premium pkg definitely steps it up so that it looks just as good in the city as it does in the state park parking lot. My only complaint is that a vehicle in this price range didn't come with a dual climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, and push to start. That option was added for the 2012, guess i'm a bit jealous.... all and all I love my car. The seats could be a bit more comfy but overall it is a great driving experience. precise crisp steering... ample power with 236 lbs of torque. I get great fuel economy and i have never felt that the 140 hp engine is underpowered for the size of the car. The brakes are amazing also... my room mate says its like braking on a cloud... not sure what that means but I'm sure its a good thing."