2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Excellent Value!

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Performance, efficiency, comfort"

"I have owned about 20 VW's over the years and this one is by far the best one I have ever had. The car drives like a gas powered car (maybe better) and gets up to 50 MPG on the highway. Plenty of power and very comfortable! I highly recommend this car!"

Lots of Torque - Great Fuel Economy

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Good fuel economy"

Cons: "No ACC position on iginition, no engine temp guage"

"So I purchased this car in July and have already put over 10,000 miles on it. I have driven the car from Washington to Michigan and back to Washington then out to Wisconsin. I have seen 50mpg while driving the long roud trip and I usually get around 35mpg in town and 45 on the highway. This diesel has a lot of torque for its size and the 6m trans is really nice. Easy gear shifting and good ratios. I would recommend this car to someone who does lots of highway driving or just wants a relaiable engine with good fuel economy. Oil changes are every 10,000 miles (after the warrenty is up I will be doing them every 7,000) but that is still better than most vehicles out there."

Awesome, fun car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Not the fastest car ever, but plenty of pick up for being such a small car. Fun to drive, the interior is amazing. Nice leather, good options, and technology is great. I would recommend this to anyone. All my friends love my car, and most of them drive more expensive cars."

Love my new 2014 GLI

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "geat price, fun to drive, geat gas milege, a blast"

Cons: "hard plastic doors, poor Nav"

"I traded in a 2012 Jetta SE manual last week for the 2014 GLI manual with Autobahn/Nav. Love the car. Took a drive from DC to NJ and back in a single day this past weekend. Rained the entire way and had total confidence in the vehicle. Drove very well, great acceleratioon, great braking and overall fun to drive. Near the end of the trip, it started sleeting and snowing and I still had great control. No slippering of the tires and brakes were still dead on. My 2012 Jetta would have been all over the road, but the new GLI still had plenty of control. Still hate the plastic on the doors and the limited options for interior colors. Wish I could get the golf ball shaped shift know like you can in the GTI. Wish the Nav had more pizzaz to it (my wife has the sync system in the ford and it is pretty good, but love the Acura Nav system the best). Overall, a great car for the money. I was also looking at a 3 series and an A4, but decided on the GLI as it was just as good for much less $$. I am a father of two and having the saloon works great."

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

TDI Great Auto - Texas heat works the A/C hard

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Our friends bought one because of our recommend..."

Cons: "We wish the A/C had more cooling power"

"We absolutely enjoy the Jetta TDI. You can't beat this little diesel's torque and fuel economy. Sport mode or Techtronic shifting - too fun. However - we put our A/C's to the test out here in West Texas and this little guy just can't keep up. Heater works great though. We purchased this particular vehicle for the fuel economy - and it is true ... 50mpg."

Awesome car and great fuel milage

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Milage, Fender Audio, Navigation, Power, Handling"

Cons: "Turbo Lag, and diesel smell after filling up."

"I just purchased my new 2013 VW Jetta TDI 3-4 weeks ago and now have 1800 miles. So far the car has been amazing. The engine delivers the necessary power, although there is some slight turbo lag. The Fender Audio system and Navigation are awesome, I've always installed subs in the past but will be sticking with this sound system. The car also handles amazing, it hugs corners and the seats keep you in place. I have no complaints about this car except I hate trying to keep my baby clean:/"

Fuel economy is great!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Excellent fuel economy. Acceration is a little bad but fair good considering the price."

Awesome to drive very comfortable

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "great off the line great in stop and go traffic"

Cons: "to much cabin noise"

"My last two cars were Civic's and I thought they were great until I purchased this car. I am very happy with this investment. I look for reasons to take long drives. I would rather have this car than a Silver Cloud."

Perfect choice for young, first-time owner/driver.

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I gave my 16 YO son a budget for his first vehicle and he narrowed his choices down to the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and the VW Jetta and some fleeting interest for "the Cube". 500 miles later in a VW Jetta, I am proud to report he had made the best decision... For the "base" model, the car came with lots of features like auto windows, mirrors, CD stereos, keyless entry..etc. What I liked most was front, side and curtain airbags and re-enforced doors. It is a little weak on horse power but that is exactly what he does not need. The manual shift is smooth making learning to drive a stick-shift a little easier. Oh and the 3 year no maintenance cost and 5 year power train warranties didn't hurt either. Absolutely the best, smartest choice for a sensible kid and safety concious dad."