2011 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

best car yet- cant complain!!

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "fast safe solid drive great comfort good looks"

Cons: "idk"

"This is my first car and i think any other teen who is looking for a fun stylish car should go for the 2.5 liter engine and parents wont have to worry bout safety because its the top ranked compact sedan in the USA. Germans build the best and safest cars out there Besides VW group owns Audi BMW Lamborghini, and this is where it gets intresting (ENGINE IS FROM LAMBO V10... but the 2.5 is just half of the real 5 liter lambo engine. its got alot of power and u can definetly finds audi feautures in a jetta"

A Great Car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, roomie, comfortable, quiet, smooth"

Cons: "Small in-cabin storage, vinyl seats"

"I've owned my 2010 Sportwagon TDI for almost 2 years now and couldn't be happier with it. It's not perfect, but overall, it's been a delight to own and drive. My driving is mixed between city traffic and freeway, and I don't think I've ever gotten less than 38 mpg on a tank. Wish there was an upholstery choice other than the vinyl, but it does look like leather, just doesn't breath like leather. In cabin storage is a bit lacking, and the location of the 12-volt power point isn't convenient, but the way the car drives makes up for it. Plenty of power, great brakes, quiet smooth ride.... and of course the great mileage. One could easily get 50 mpg on the highway if speeds are kept below 70, but what fun is that?"

Way better cars out there!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Reason: Always in the Shop

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Not a great value for the price."

"This was an ok car. I just bought a 2012 Camry Hybrid for about the same price I paid for this car and the Camry has way more power and gets about 7 MPG better fuel economy overall. Also this car is always in the shop for recalls or check engine lights. I would recommend to anyone that is considering this car to check out the Camry Hybrid First."

Amazing car

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Price, engine, sound system, looks, interior"

Cons: "Slightly dull and cheap interior, limited number"

"Now, I do not currently own this vehicle but I will soon. I am looking at a fast, fun, 4 door sedan that looks good and is relatively inexpensive, and this Gil is just that. I drove two models, one with the manual and one with VW's amazing dsg. The manual is brilliant to drive with a natural feeling clutch And an easy to move shifter. My only gripe is that the linkage feels somewhat too forced and not mechanical enough. Overall, my choice is the dsg with its fast shift times and it's somewhat better mpg. The engine is as smooth as I have ever driven and the car drives brilliantly over any surface, and with 207 turbocharged lb-ft of torque, it moves with authority in and out of traffic. Overall, this is a superbly balanced car that can do anything that the heart desires and then some."

Love This Car!!! Highly Reccomend- Please Read-

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Power, Performance, Cost, Effeciency, Appearance,"

Cons: "Absolutly Nothing"

"I Bought a 2012 Jetta TDI from Paramount Volkswagen in Hickory NC. The Diesel has so much power and performance while still getting up to 50 MPG!!!!!! No one can beet this car."

Not the Best Car... Not the Worst.

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "47-50mpg freeway, comfortable seats, A4 styling"

Cons: "DSG is clunky, 25mpg city, poor interior quality"

Classy! If only it weren't so clunky...

"I have a love-hate relationship with the Jetta TDI (Premium/DSG). As a freeway car it is extremely comfortable, smooth and fuel efficient. On the streets… not so much. A great example is with the diesel milage. Averaging 47mpg is easy on the freeway, even on short trips. When you get to the inner city however, 25mpg is the norm. The longer you can go without stopping, the closer you stay to the speed limit, the greater the reward. Another great example is the transmission, smooth as silk on the freeway, but when you hit the street, the experience is clunky and overbearing. Going 15mph, the car will buck and jump as the DSG decides how it's going to handle power from the engine. If you try to coast to a stop the DSG will immediately try to jump to a lower gear to slow the car down with the engine and make a final bumpy lurch as you step on the brake. This makes city driving as unsettling as it is inefficient. When going down hills the DSG also likes to jump to a higher gear way to early, even while coasting forcing you to use neutral. To make matters worse, the DSG lets a lot of vibration and noise through to the cabin when driving on the street. DSG issues are slightly worse when it is cold and slightly better when it is warm out. The DSG problems subside when you leave it in sport mode, but that severely eats into fuel savings. As far as reliability goes, the car is shaky. Right out of the gate at 900 miles it broke down in a parking lot and I lost almost a full day of work. After that I had intermittent starting problems until summer when they subsided. I've also had trouble with rattles from just about every part of the interior. This is an especially big problem when you play music, even at a low volume every plastic part in the car will hum. Along with the headliner falling down and door moldings coming loose at 4,000 miles, and a software reset at 3,500 miles I'd say interior fit and finish is sub par at best. Heres the bottom line: The car has the looks of a classy A4 and is roomy enough to please any client passenger. The modern touch screen and connectivity features like bluetooth and SiriusXM are fantastic as well. If you drive 80/20 freeway and live in the burbs, you will probably not be hassled with the DSG and experience fuel mileage that rivals the Prius. If you are a 50/50 driver like me that makes a lot of stops, you will be severely disappointed in the performance and ride quality. From an overall quality standpoint I would be wary about claims made by VW. New cars shouldn't break down, have starting problems, or have parts fall off. If you buy it, make sure you load up on extra warranty."

Classy! If only it weren't so clunky...

The estamated fuel econamy is an under statment

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "500-600 miles to a tank/Very Smooth/nice interior"

Cons: "The delayed shifting/bluetooth phone volume"

"You can easily get 45 mpg on the highway and 35 to 40 in the city. I like to drive fast and normally get like 40 mpg combined. Doing 80 on the highway you easily get over 40 mpg. The only thing I don't like is the way the transmission shifts. It try's to wait as long as it can to shift down then it surprises you. It can easily be fix if you put it in sport mode. For such a fuel efficient car it has plenty of power and for a diesel you can't even hear it. Very smooth ride. The bluetooth phone is nice but you have to have the volume low for the voice and the volume load for the phone conversations. Overall great quality!"

Great on gas

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Only problem i have is the car in not wide enough for a car seat and two passengers in back. I should have waited the TDI Passat I often have rear passengers"

Fantastic performance sedan for around $25k

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quick, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Mixed interior plastic quality, road noise"

"I purchased a 2012 VW GLI Autobahn with 6sp manual. Got it for $23500 not including tax. In this price range the only other 4 doors worth considering in you are into performance is the GTI 4dr, Civic SI and that is about it. The new turbo Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata Turbo are a quick, but handle like boats in comparison. The SI is nice, but the interior in not as nice and cannot compete with the torque of the VW's turbo. Overall the interior is nice although there is some obvious cost cutting. Some hard panels used in the doors could be improved as could adding some addition sound deadening. The turbo 4 pulls hard and gets excellent gas mileage. I do 50/50 mixed driving and so far am averaging almost 30mpg and have seen as high as 38mpg on longer freeway drives. Handling is excellent and is only let down by the mediocre Dunlops that came spooned onto the Stock 18's. The Autobahn comes with the Fender audio system that is very good and rivals/bests the Bose that was on my 2010 Nissan Maxima SV. Fit and finish on the car is very good and overall I am very pleased. It filled my desire for a good performing sedan that also gets good gas mileage."

Awsome car!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "TDI MPG"

Cons: "wish it had the Fender stereo system"

"2012 sprtswagen TDI with the 6 speed DSG tranny. My wife and I love this car! It gets 38-39 MPG average. Highway 45MPG."