2011 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Comfortable, reasonable price, and fun to drive!

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable + spacious, good look"

Cons: "None... So far!"

"I traded in my 2009 Honda Civic coupe for a 2012 2.5 SE Jetta and I am very satisfied. So pleased to drive stick shift again and this car is actually pretty fun to drive; it is nice and spacious, but easy to zip around in. Super super comfortable as well, I knew my Civic had unpleasant seating (especially for a tall guy like me, 6'2"). Also thankful for the souped up radio that displays my calls and music from my smart phone; it's actually helpful and prevents me from wanting to mess with my phone to change music or answer/ dial out a call. I was a bit weary because I hear many people criticize and say VWs are foreign, unreliable, and junky in the US market. I think with most cars, the owner will be fortunate to do basic repairs and check ups to ensure longevity. Highly recommend this car, practical, affordable, comfortable, and not dull."

We get higher mileage than the EPA estimates.

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy."

Cons: "NONE."

"We liked the VW Jetta TDI with Navigation, we purchased another one. It is an awesome vehicle. Better fuel economy than a hybrid."

the best sedan for the money in it's class

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "european build quality, price, gas mileage"

Cons: "the base 2.0 engine is underpowered"

"I choose the Jetta because of build, price and warranty (at the time the warranty was 3years with service), the handling is good and the engine keeps me with all city traffic. My mileage has been better than the epa estimate, and I cruise at 75 with no problem. As a previous VW owner, 65'Beetle and 77' Sirocco, I am just as pleased with the Jetta. In fact, the only other car that has been this balanced and reliable and has great dealer response was my 72' Datsun 510, which set a standard that has been hard to match. I plan to upgrade to the GLI or GTI in another year. I highly recommend the Jetta as a best buy for compact sedans. P.S. the Jetta has the same interior volume as the C class Mercedes-Benz."

Solid, Dependable Car

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Wonderful, clean, reliable car for anyone."

Cons: "Cannot change the time with ease."

"This is a second car for us and have never driven it long distance. It is still under an extended warranty and does not need an oil change til July. I've taken it to be serviced long before it's needed. My husband likes to trade in cars long before there are problems and this car has been so reliable, I really don't want to part with it, but I did see the new ones and got excited about all the new features."

Great, reliable, affordable!

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, peppy, reliable."

Cons: "Jerky transmission, needs bigger engine."

"As long as you keep up on maintenance, this car will never let you down. VW really makes a great vehicle, and if you are willing to deal with the stiff and jerky suspension and transmission (compared to American and Asian brands) then you are going to be very happy."

This VW Jetta has been a fantastic vehicle.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "The Volkswagen Jetta is a fun car to drive."

Cons: "The seats are not electric."

"This VW Jetta SE has been a fantastic vehicle. It has been well-maintained and is washed and waxed on a regular basis. The majority of the miles has been highway driving. The leather upholstery is in pristine condition"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"We really like the car, but are looking to get something a bit larger as my husband has Parkinson's and is finding it more difficult to get in and out of the car due to less mobility than when we purchased it. We have had it since the Oct. 1, 2012. On road trips we get 50 mpg (diesel fuel) as long as we drive 70 mph or less, and with faster driving generally get 46-47 mpg."

My favorite car!

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Great gas mileage, very economical."

Cons: "Expensive maintenance every 10K miles."

"Best vehicle ever! This is my 3rd VW, my 2nd Jetta. Great gas mileage, smooth driving rides quiet. Lots of leg room, front and back and a huge trunk so we can pack it full when traveling. Great sound system! Very economical!"

For an entry level sedan it has very good styling

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "for the price: Styling, safety, comfort"

Cons: "Electronic torque an trasmission timing on D mode."

"Cons: The electronically controlled torque and transmission are not that sharp in "D" mode, but in "S" it's a lot more responsive. Being able to up/down shift manually is also great, otherwise it would drive me crazy to drive an automatic. The suspension is a little jumpy. I would probably replace it eventually. Maybe lower it a bit. Pros: No need to spend big bucks on a european. Interior styling of my 2013 is up there with the C class mercedez (2015), and maintenance and parts are a lot cheaper. Feels sturdy, rides quiet. "D" mode does keep the revs low (gas saver) Trunk space would fit a few bodies. (but they could get out pulling a handle) Charcoal color is invisible to cops (swear on my wig)"

This car has had ZERO issues in 40000 miles.

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Everything but the bluetooth. Easy to bump."

Cons: "Wish bluetooth had an on/off button."

"It works and drives perfect. Always has from day one. Not one hiccup yet. Fuel economy better than advertised which I believe the TDI is the only car that does that. 42 city 52 hwy and that is no guestmating. It is using an actual calculator. Perfect power for any kind of driving aggressive or passive . My least expensive new car in decades is by far my favorite. I learned two things by from owning this car. VW has got their act together and German Engineering suites me well. Its a well thought out car that purrs nicely."